locked out

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

treetop
Drinking God's Good Scotch

locked out

Post by treetop »

meh. never been much for locks anyhow. more of a second story man myself.
unlocked.
who in the seven holy, smelly fucking hells is in charge of picking new mods around here?
is it the blind woodsman or the crossgrained tree? do we just blame the fact that it was poorly crafted in darkness?
bad choices have been made by worse people but not usually around here.
that being said, you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
oh yeah.
it's all good in the woods, nobody hears me when i scream.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: locked out

Post by Mr. Viking »

we need to make some sort of banner to protest
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

l...
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by l... »

who really needs a whole bunch of mods anyway? we've known each other for a decade. we've seen marriages, births of children..DRINKING , (and i'm sorry to say a few deaths of great people).... if it ain't broke, why try to fix it? the majority of the people I've met here (both online and MORE SO in person) are articulate, intelligent, and entitled to their opinions. that being said, cheers. all's fair in love and drunk.
That's what I call Drunkard justice. I hate prisses like that. They're mincing their way through life when they should be marching. ~fkr.

I wish i could find me a woman who drinks!~ruiner..on lack of women drinkers.

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

l... wrote:who really needs a whole bunch of mods anyway? we've known each other for a decade. we've seen marriages, births of children..DRINKING , (and i'm sorry to say a few deaths of great people).... if it ain't broke, why try to fix it? the majority of the people I've met here (both online and MORE SO in person) are articulate, intelligent, and entitled to their opinions. that being said, cheers. all's fair in love and drunk.
I'll say pretty much the same as someone who has been here a mere four years.

Newer, older or somewhere in between, I'm pleased to have drank - in person or in perfect synchronicity - with you all.

CHEERS!

l...
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by l... »

Shane-O-Mac wrote:
l... wrote:who really needs a whole bunch of mods anyway? we've known each other for a decade. we've seen marriages, births of children..DRINKING , (and i'm sorry to say a few deaths of great people).... if it ain't broke, why try to fix it? the majority of the people I've met here (both online and MORE SO in person) are articulate, intelligent, and entitled to their opinions. that being said, cheers. all's fair in love and drunk.
I'll say pretty much the same as someone who has been here a mere four years.

Newer, older or somewhere in between, I'm pleased to have drank - in person or in perfect synchronicity - with you all.

CHEERS!
agreed. :)
That's what I call Drunkard justice. I hate prisses like that. They're mincing their way through life when they should be marching. ~fkr.

Fast Cast
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Fast Cast »

We used to hang out, get drunk, say stupid things, misconstrue one another....then kiss and make up. It's sort of the building blocks of strong relationships, in person or online.
I just wish there were some actual drunkards around here who can handle themselves like adults while still acting like retards - liquor&poker

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

You know, we really have a light touch when it comes to moderating. There aren't too many boards where you can get away with dissing the mods or the board owner. So lighten up. And to those who fear a lady moderator, grow up.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

treetop

Post by treetop »

lady is a strange turn of phrase.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

treetop wrote:lady is a strange turn of phrase.
As Ambrose Bierce once said, "All women are ladies until they are kindly enough to prove themself otherwise."
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ドロンケン
ImageImage

treetop

Post by treetop »

case in point.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

treetop wrote:case in point.
Quite the reverse, I believe.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by NYDingbat »

Palinka wrote:You know, we really have a light touch when it comes to moderating. There aren't too many boards where you can get away with dissing the mods or the board owner. So lighten up. And to those who fear a lady moderator, grow up.
Indeed! And no one needs to worry that I'll go about it in a manner any different.
"I don't start the day. I continue the night."
- mistah willies

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

NYDingbat wrote:Indeed! And no one needs to worry that I'll go about it in a manner any different.
Welcome to your new role, young lady.

Dance on

Crystal
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Crystal »

I missed a bunch of stuff, obviously. Why are there so many damn moderators though? The only being monitored should be extremely abusive members, or spammers. That's how it used to be anyway. None of this "locked thread" here, "locked thread" there. We are responsible adults, right? Well, adults any way. At least legally. I mean, if we can vote, we can post.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
GFYCMD- Go Fuck Yourself, Captain Mike Davis.

l...
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by l... »

Crystal wrote:I missed a bunch of stuff, obviously. Why are there so many damn moderators though? The only being monitored should be extremely abusive members, or spammers. That's how it used to be anyway. None of this "locked thread" here, "locked thread" there. We are responsible adults, right? Well, adults any way. At least legally. I mean, if we can vote, we can post.

indeed. :)