locked out

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Re: locked out

Post by Mr Boozificator »

treetop wrote:meh. never been much for locks anyhow. more of a second story man myself.
unlocked.
who in the seven holy, smelly fucking hells is in charge of picking new mods around here?
is it the blind woodsman or the crossgrained tree? do we just blame the fact that it was poorly crafted in darkness?
bad choices have been made by worse people but not usually around here.
that being said, you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
oh yeah.
Can you be clearer about what you want to say? From what I can guess you're unhappy with the fact that me or NYdingbat were made moderators. Can you tell us why? And looking at the log I couldn't find any trace of your being locked out of the site in any way, so what is it you're alluding to exactly?
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Crystal wrote:...if we can vote, we can post.
There you make a fundamental error, this Board is not a democracy. It is owned, and paid for, by FKR and he gets to choose his representatives. As such, therefore, you have no rights but, instead, responsibilities; such as the responsibility to not be abusive at all (never mind "extremely abusive").

Might I suggest that everyone re-familiarize themselves with the Posting Guidelines?
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

treetop
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by treetop »

Mr Boozificator wrote:
treetop wrote:meh. never been much for locks anyhow. more of a second story man myself.
unlocked.
who in the seven holy, smelly fucking hells is in charge of picking new mods around here?
is it the blind woodsman or the crossgrained tree? do we just blame the fact that it was poorly crafted in darkness?
bad choices have been made by worse people but not usually around here.
that being said, you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
oh yeah.
Can you be clearer about what you want to say? From what I can guess you're unhappy with the fact that me or NYdingbat were made moderators. Can you tell us why? And looking at the log I couldn't find any trace of your being locked out of the site in any way, so what is it you're alluding to exactly?
there was another thread along these lines that got locked. it's regular brain wizardry.
it's all good in the woods, nobody hears me when i scream.

steved2112
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by steved2112 »

With all this rancor about mods, you'd think somebody would have the patience to come up with some examples, so that intelligent minds can have a dialog about the ethics of the moderation.

To date I have banned several spammers, locked out threads trying to sell links to commercial web pages unaffiliated with FKR, and pleaded in private with members to tone down some language, which I felt presented an unwelcome environment to newcomers. This is not totalitarian as I understand the term. Can we at least have a chance to answer for ourselves, with specific examples?

Make your case with examples to be answered for. Or consider the possibility that you're making a big deal out of nothing. But if we're such an autocratic bunch of agenda driven control freaks, then why does all this rhetorical criticism not get deleted?
I feel like I;' Typing down hill.
-F. Sott Blitzedgerald

l...
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by l... »

steved2112 wrote:With all this rancor about mods, you'd think somebody would have the patience to come up with some examples, so that intelligent minds can have a dialog about the ethics of the moderation.

To date I have banned several spammers, locked out threads trying to sell links to commercial web pages unaffiliated with FKR, and pleaded in private with members to tone down some language, which I felt presented an unwelcome environment to newcomers. This is not totalitarian as I understand the term. Can we at least have a chance to answer for ourselves, with specific examples?

Make your case with examples to be answered for. Or consider the possibility that you're making a big deal out of nothing. But if we're such an autocratic bunch of agenda driven control freaks, then why does all this rhetorical criticism not get deleted?

you are an awesome guy. I don't think anyone has a problem w/ you. I've been on this board almost ten years..and I don't think anyone has EVER had a bad thing to say about you. cheers. maybe some 'mods' have insulted ppl in the past..far past. my only question is..why so many mods? there are some mods who never check the boards at all anymore. I DON'T want to be a mod. but I can tell you damn sure I don't want to read posts about politics..(be it left or right)..this is a board about drinking, not about politics. isn't this supposed to be a virtual pub? and why do I need to be force fed anyones (either way) opinions about politics? I love ya steve..we are east coasters, we like the same bars in PA..have for ever...and I love beth as well. but really, I don't think that post had anything in any way shape or form had to do w/ you. and I mean that as a friend.
That's what I call Drunkard justice. I hate prisses like that. They're mincing their way through life when they should be marching. ~fkr.

I wish i could find me a woman who drinks!~ruiner..on lack of women drinkers.

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

l... wrote:
steved2112 wrote:With all this rancor about mods, you'd think somebody would have the patience to come up with some examples, so that intelligent minds can have a dialog about the ethics of the moderation.

you are an awesome guy. I don't think anyone has a problem w/ you. I've been on this board almost ten years..and I don't think anyone has EVER had a bad thing to say about you. cheers. maybe some 'mods' have insulted ppl in the past..far past. my only question is..why so many mods? there are some mods who never check the boards at all anymore. I DON'T want to be a mod. but I can tell you damn sure I don't want to read posts about politics..(be it left or right)..this is a board about drinking, not about politics. isn't this supposed to be a virtual pub? and why do I need to be force fed anyones (either way) opinions about politics? I love ya steve..we are east coasters, we like the same bars in PA..have for ever...and I love beth as well. but really, I don't think that post had anything in any way shape or form had to do w/ you. and I mean that as a friend.
So it has nothing to do about moderating in the end, it's just about liking or not someone. Steved2112 is right: it's making a big deal out of nothing.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

l... wrote:...I don't want to read posts about politics...
I cannot remember any current moderator (acting as a moderator) beginning a political debate (save as satire) with the exception of my posts about the SpAd*, Ms Sadie "Oliver Cromwell" Boniface.
l... wrote:...why so many mods?...
Because no-one wants to moderate 24/7. So we work in a sort of shift pattern. For example, I am on GMT, Mr Boozificator is on CET, the Judge is on West Coast USA time, Barca and Giles are on US Mountain Time, and steved2112 and NYDingbat are both on East Coast US time. This means that it's going to be an extremely rare day when all the moderators are here (in fact, it'll be fairly strange to see more than three moderators at once).

* This is a term used in the UK to refer to a "Special Advisor" to the Government.
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ドロンケン
ImageImage

treetop

Post by treetop »

i think steve has nice hair and i admire his rock and roll attitude. he has a good sense of humor and he was lucky enough to get a pretty girl to go along for the ride. i think he might be a commie though.

Fast Cast
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Fast Cast »

treetop wrote:i think steve has nice hair and i admire his rock and roll attitude. he has a good sense of humor and he was lucky enough to get a pretty girl to go along for the ride. i think he might be a commie though.
I agree. Plus, he has photoshop...

Giles? Do you have to say it three times like Beetlejuice?
I just wish there were some actual drunkards around here who can handle themselves like adults while still acting like retards - liquor&poker

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

We're really still talking about this?
"Spiny norman wins on the bizzare terror stakes, if you haven't been stared at by a 40-foot hedgehog, you haven't lived." - Saltandgin

"Every time you don't get loaded, the terrorists win." - massivedrunk

WWDJFD?

Crystal
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Crystal »

I liked it when it was just a few moderators. I really don't think we need to be babysat as much as some think. If there are going to be a bunch of threads locked, moved, removed, etc., it may not be worth it.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
GFYCMD- Go Fuck Yourself, Captain Mike Davis.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Crystal wrote:I liked it when it was just a few moderators...
What, so the Judge could be even more overworked?
Crystal wrote:...If there are going to be a bunch of threads locked, moved, removed, etc...
Kindly put up examples.
Crystal wrote:...it may not be worth it.
I don't believe anyone is keeping you here. Feel free to leave at any time (be good enough to let someone know, please. Just so that we can delete your account; space is at a premium, you know; and FKR has to pay for it all).
ドロンケン
ImageImage

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Crystal wrote:I liked it when it was just a few moderators.
These newbie cyber-cops aren't really MDM mods until they've got a few locked threads and a banning or two under their belts.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Fast Cast
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Fast Cast »

I just wish there were some actual drunkards around here who can handle themselves like adults while still acting like retards - liquor&poker

treetop

Post by treetop »

Fast Cast wrote:ATTICA, ATTICA!!!
i like the cut of your jib, sir.