Booze News

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/ ... a_flag.png

Post by waahoohah »

SRY, just a little Bitter. I lived in Kearney for five years. I've heard the Niobrara is an actual river, but the Platte at that point, I know, is nothing but a sludge farm.
I have never been to prison, but I know what it feels like to get out of the pen. That day I moved out was the best day of my life.
"Beginner's luck is only possible if you try."

-Lee Harvey Oswald

bluebottle
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by bluebottle »

waahoohah wrote:SRY, just a little Bitter. I lived in Kearney for five years. I've heard the Niobrara is an actual river, but the Platte at that point, I know, is nothing but a sludge farm.
I have never been to prison, but I know what it feels like to get out of the pen. That day I moved out was the best day of my life.
hey, slap me around willya? i used to run across the prairies to train for the biathlon down to the niobrara. but then i learned i needed skis and a gun. my parents only would buy me shoes. and snow, snow would be good for a biathlon. but that was my dream. over the fence and a mile and a half that river was there. i practiced building fires there on those shores, really. fuck ya! sandhill and whooping cranes and sage grouse and pheasants! cattle, ground squirrels, beavers! what a dirtly little boy would come home!

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

Well slap my ass and call me Shirley. There are more connections to NE onthis board than I ever would have thought.
I'm a transplant here myself, so maybe I'm biased, but Nebraska isn't really all that bad. I can think of a lot worse places to live.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Bluto wrote:Well slap my ass and call me Shirley. There are more connections to NE onthis board than I ever would have thought.
I'm a transplant here myself, so maybe I'm biased, but Nebraska isn't really all that bad. I can think of a lot worse places to live.
Ohio and Iran come to mind.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Bluto wrote:Well slap my ass and call me Shirley. There are more connections to NE onthis board than I ever would have thought.
Ohio and Iran come to mind.
I was thinking North Dakota and Iraq.

Potato vs. Potato

Bender!
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Bender! »

I'm livin there pally.
Alcoholic is a medical term, Drunkard is a lifestyle. ~ Junkman.

Thee Totaller
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Times gin tasting article

Post by Thee Totaller »

AHLL BE BOCK

mjm
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by mjm »

Liked that Seagram's was so highly rated. I've always felt that it was a good martini gin. I'm going to have to revisit the whole Plymouth thing, and soon.
"It is well to remember that there are five reasons for drinking: the arrival of a friend; one's present or future thirst; the excellence of the wine; or any other reason." -- Latin Proverb

Gin McGuinness
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Gin McGuinness »

mjm wrote:I'm going to have to revisit the whole Plymouth thing, and soon.
Plymouth is lovely - try Navy Strength for extra fun!
"Personally I prefer the buzz between 'all is good and well in the universe with this glass' drunk and 'IM A FUCKING VIKING!' drunk." Impish Boozehound

G_W
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by G_W »

I thought this would be about something else entirely, but that's because I have a dirty mind. Seriously though, a really good article. I need more gin (Gin?).
steved wrote:Proof is just information.
"We're all in a freak show. It's called life. Buy a ticket and enjoy the ride." - Foamy the Squirrel

Gin McGuinness
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Gin McGuinness »

gerald_weigel wrote:I thought this would be about something else entirely, but that's because I have a dirty mind. Seriously though, a really good article. I need more gin (Gin?).
four different bottles in my lovely bar at present and none the normal stuff. Care for a Blackwoods Martini, GW?
"Personally I prefer the buzz between 'all is good and well in the universe with this glass' drunk and 'IM A FUCKING VIKING!' drunk." Impish Boozehound

Saltandgin
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Saltandgin »

Wait..someone got paid to drink posh gin?
--ED: You know what we should do tomorrow? Keep drinkin’. We’ll have a Bloody Mary first thing, have a bite at the King’s Head, a couple at the Little Princess, we’ll stagger back here--Bang! We’re back at the bar for shots. How’s that for a slice of fried gold?

G_W
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by G_W »

Gin McGuinness wrote:
gerald_weigel wrote:I thought this would be about something else entirely, but that's because I have a dirty mind. Seriously though, a really good article. I need more gin (Gin?).
four different bottles in my lovely bar at present and none the normal stuff. Care for a Blackwoods Martini, GW?
I would.
steved wrote:Proof is just information.
"We're all in a freak show. It's called life. Buy a ticket and enjoy the ride." - Foamy the Squirrel

Martini Time
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Martini Time »

Yay!!! Two of my absolute favorites made the top 2.

Plymouth gin tastes fabulously sublime (with their interesting new bottle style, to boot) and I stocked up on a dozen bottles not long ago when Bev Mo had them for $11/750ml.

Anchor Distilling's Junipero does indeed make a fine Martini, though it's flavors hit the taste buds like a sledge hammer (and that's not a complaint). It's definitely worth a try if you see it.

My "normal" gin, Beefeater was rated "average", I see, but it's still the standby that gets me through thick and thin.
Gin McGuinness wrote: Plymouth is lovely - try Navy Strength for extra fun!
I need to find this stuff!!! It's 114º, I believe. Wow.
"Martinis are a balm against a sordid world, a shield against all that is sullied, rushed and coarse"

Fred O'Lisby
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Fred O'Lisby »

I don't have the attention span to read an entire article right now, but I will. Also, this new Amsterdam Gin is quite nice. I can't afford it, but it's nice.
Earlie Cuyler: Allow me to explain the contamination process. Pine cones go in here, party liquors comes out here and proceed to here.
[points to mouth]
Earlie Cuyler: Fights begin, finger prints are took, days is lost, bail is made, court dates are ignored, cycle is repeated.