Booze News

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Booze News

Post by oettinger »

German cartell office fined german breweries for a total of 340 million for illegal price agreements. (Please english speakers there has to be a phrase for this evil practice, I couldn`t figure much out other than greedy assholes.) Main culprits are Carlsberg and Radeberger, also in the acetous mix: Bolten, Früh, Erzquell, Gaffel, Bitburger, Krombacher, Veltins, Warsteiner and Ernst Barre.
Of course my main go to cheap but greats Oettinger and Hansa didn`t join in in this despicable move. Turns out it`s only the upper echelon "we taste better beacuse we are more expensive and are in the commercials" asshole breweries.
Sad thing is, people really belivie that for 4 to 10 bucks more you get a total different animal of beer. By quality by taste by overall feeling etc... mind you stupid fucks: we don`t have the Reinheitsgebot for no reason. It`s all the same, only entitled fucks think that the cheaper stuff equals bum level and tastes that way.
Go to a real beer enthusiast and he won`t even talk to you about the richful taste of that expensive piss they sell you during soccer break commercials!
Drink!

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

Miklo wrote:
Lush City wrote:Evan Williams black label. Get it for $9-12 a handle.
For a handle? where are you at, I pay 9-12 for a fifth.

Same here. Those kind of prices could convince a man to pick up roots and move.

I did, yesterday, by a bottle of the Evan Williams Bottled In Bond white label. 100 proof and tasty. It was sweet, which is what I was after at the time.
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

A handle of Evan Williams black is a fifth. It doesn't come any smaller. Don't know where you are living but $9-12 is a great value for palatable bottom shelf whiskey that will last a couple days.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Lush City wrote:A handle of Evan Williams black is a fifth. It doesn't come any smaller. Don't know where you are living but $9-12 is a great value for palatable bottom shelf whiskey that will last a couple days.
I can only say: Waht???!!!! I would kill to have anything resembling that! We have Walker, Jimmy, TJD, Tally Dew, Ballentines and stuff, but first of all it is all fucking expensive and second of all not worth the buck! Then we have grocery store`s self made whisky... that is NASTY stuff! You clean your car`s engine with it. Nothing more. And you two complain about the price? Seriously! Come on over have some korn schnaps, that will put you in line!
Drink!

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

A handle is 1.75 liters. Referred to as such because many of the bottles actually have a handle. EW Black goes for about $24 here.
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

That is the proper definition. The price is right along what I would pay too, sometimes as low as $19. Great value.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

kowalski
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by kowalski »

Tiny Tim Rauscheder sets a new 40oz chug record. Not aware of anyone beating this time without using a straw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ichvAvNJaHc <--World Record 10 second 40 oz
Snakebite & Blue Bols <-- The Drink of Champions

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

^ ^ ^

Astounding. Zicke zacke!

The expellation was also quite excellent.

Keep that man away from my cheap beer!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Urban legend has it that this was his ninth try in just ten minutes, as he always only managed to score 13-11 secs.
Drink!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

This is incredible! Powdered alcohol, 'Palcohol' http://www.businessinsider.com/palcohol ... hol-2014-4

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

Lush City wrote:This is incredible! Powdered alcohol, 'Palcohol' http://www.businessinsider.com/palcohol ... hol-2014-4
You beat me to this, I was just about to post it. It seems like a good idea, not sure what other chemicals are in if any. I also wonder if it would aleviate the booze breath, so you could just eat it at work.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Miklo wrote:
Lush City wrote:This is incredible! Powdered alcohol, 'Palcohol' http://www.businessinsider.com/palcohol ... hol-2014-4
You beat me to this, I was just about to post it. It seems like a good idea, not sure what other chemicals are in if any. I also wonder if it would aleviate the booze breath, so you could just eat it at work.
I'm so sorry...
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Palinka wrote:
Miklo wrote:
I'm so sorry...
Even better, just signed on for some social democrats reminder and now after filling out the query their servers crashed!
Drink!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

just saw a commercial that told me that Miller lite is now contained in it`s original can?! What does that mean? Did they find a hundred year old stach in their brewery? That rotten stuff might taste even better
Drink!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Hooray for Gin. Our simple few threads on Gin and the industry takes notice. Damn fine job my fellow drunkards. We keep people employed AND create new jobs.

http://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/2013/1 ... n-no-more/
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice