Booze News

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Booze News

Post by oettinger »

Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

^^^no one in Qatar can even spell b-e-e-r. Shocker.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Lush City wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:02 pm
"Doomsday Scenario:" 70% Of British Pubs May Not Survive Winter As Power Costs Skyrocket
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/dooms ... -skyrocket
They're making a comeback! https://www.cbsnews.com/news/england-pu ... 022-12-25/

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Not making light of this bull crap going on but I would like to know what the liquor store owner meant by "bad taste". What did he steal?!?!

Buffalo is plunged into chaos with brazen looters as death toll rises to at least 27

.....Others were filmed hauling televisions out of stores, and security footage caught one man breaking the glass of a liquor store door, where he allegedly stole $500 worth of goods.

The storeowner told WKBW reporter Michael Schwartz that he had to stay in the store overnight because he was unable to board up the hole amid the storm.

He added that the thief has 'cheap and bad taste.'

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/buffa ... 6cb9588f7b
Okole maluna!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Not to make light of it either, but there’s not a single person here who hasn’t entertained the thought of looting a liquor store at one point or another. Even Whiskeyprick loots his own liquor store. It’s a fact.

In other news (not sure why this kind of shit makes national news) but a North Dakota woman was formally charged with bringing a wild raccoon into a bar. Yes, she named it Rocky. No, nobody got rabies.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

DrunkinEurope
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by DrunkinEurope »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:51 am
Not making light of this bull crap going on but I would like to know what the liquor store owner meant by "bad taste". What did he steal?!?!
My guess is, the man stole several cases of whatever cheap liquor was closest to the window. Maybe, he went for what he drinks regularly, so probably cheap beer and rotgut or well vodka.

It does beg the question, though, what each of us would steal if our liquor-store-raiding fantasy ever came true. Personally, I'd stick to cheap beer and the brands of bourbon and ouzo I normally drink.
Would you stick to what you know or would you go for the top-shelf stuff?

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Top shelf all the fucking way. All the locked up shit inside.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I`d probably start drinking during my raid and not be able to get any of the stuff I wanted home
Drink!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Pisscicle Gone Missing, Local Drunks In Mourning

Club 74 in downtown Ashby

Local drunks are holding a beer and whiskey vigil for the collaborative, abstract ice sculpture known as the Pissicle which went missing sometime shortly before the new year.

It was outside the back door of Club 74 where the artistic majesty of the Pissicle first took form. Becoming something of a local attraction, this freestanding sculpture of mostly frozen urine was featured on the Wake The Fuck Up, Fargo! morning news and served as venue during the 2022 Open Urination Invitational sponsored by Coors Light.

"I came out Sunday morning to take a leak and it was gone," said one of the contributing artists. "There were some marks too from where somebody must've chipped it off the concrete. Who would bo so low to do such a thing?"

Some speculate the owner may be responsible. Most, however, believe it to be the doing of malicious thieves or vandals-- possibly terrorists-- attempting to undermine the wholesome fabric of their small, midwestern town. Plans to replace the Pisscicle are already in the works.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

UK Dodged Recession in November Thanks to World Cup Drinking Binge
https://www.infowars.com/posts/uk-dodge ... ing-binge/
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Badfellow wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:48 pm
Pisscicle Gone Missing, Local Drunks In Mourning

Club 74 in downtown Ashby

Local drunks are holding a beer and whiskey vigil for the collaborative, abstract ice sculpture known as the Pissicle which went missing sometime shortly before the new year.

So no one took a photo of this wonderful sculpture? I find that hard to believe. I've never seen one. What happens when you have to take a long piss in sub-zero conditions? Does the piss freeze in mid air and explode your dick because it expands when it freezes? There's something you're not telling us.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Holy shit! This is a catastrophe!
EXCLUSIVE: Shocking new DailyMail.com images show Tennessee town completely SMOTHERED by black whiskey fungus caused by local Jack Daniel's distillery
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -town.html

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Lush City wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:46 pm
Holy shit! This is a catastrophe!
EXCLUSIVE: Shocking new DailyMail.com images show Tennessee town completely SMOTHERED by black whiskey fungus caused by local Jack Daniel's distillery
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -town.html
Brown Forman magic again
Drink!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

"My fiancé has a problem with alcohol to the point he has soiled himself more than once - people say I should postpone the wedding but I love him so much"

Oy!
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/arti ... matum.html

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Alcohol Taxes in Canada Are Going Up.

This 6.3% raise goes into effect on April Fool's Day. Ouch.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.