Booze News

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Booze News

Post by Patchez »

I wonder if InBev didn't start this whole shitshow just to boost the sales in their other divisions.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Patchez wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:21 am
I wonder if InBev didn't start this whole shitshow just to boost the sales in their other divisions.
They didn't have to. They are a huge multinational conglomerate with a diversified portfolio of brands. I'd call that insurance they are sure glad they had. They fired the leftist moron who thought of the ad campaign for Bud Lite and the doofus that hired her.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Patchez wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:21 am
That’s an interesting theory.

Here’s what former Budweiser marketing VP Alissa Heinerscheid (the one who got fired) had to say in March 2023:
corporate moron wrote: …this brand is in decline. It has been in decline for a really long time. And if we do not attract young drinkers to come and drink this brand, there will be no future for Bud Light…
So, the writing was on the wall even before Kid Rock kicked off a boycott campaign only a month later. Sounds like marketing was desperate enough to try all sorts of brand promotion strategies in order to see what would stick. Or maybe it was premeditated sabotage. Or a bit of both.

While AB InBev stock took an 18% hit in the short term, it has since largely recovered lost ground. At the same time, worldwide sales of beer in their portfolio has risen 7%. It also gave AB a chance to sell off a number of underperforming brands acquired during their microbrewery buyouts.
Wikipedia wrote: On 8 August Anheuser-Busch sold off several beer brands to the cannabis company Tilray. These included Shock Top, Breckenridge Brewery, Blue Point Brewing Company, 10 Barrel Brewing Company, Redhook Ale Brewery, Widmer Brothers Brewery, Square Mile Cider Company, and HiBall Energy. Anheuser-Busch cited a $400 million drop in revenue for the reason for the sale, which turned Tilray into the fifth largest craft beer producer in the United States.

Interesting times we live and drink in.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Most of those craft breweries they bought up were good beers till the bean counters at Bud stuck their noses into it. They all went to shit not long after Bud took over. Cheaper ingredients, shittier quality control, and most home brewers hate Bud because of what they did to the hops markets a few years back. Try finding whole cone hops at a homebrew store anymore. They snapped it all up for themselves. I think it was Northern Brewers Supply or Midwestern Brewers Supply they bought. Fuck I hate giant twats like them. Brown Foreman, Inbev, Diaego, Pernod, Segrams, Miller/Coors. They all fuck with my booze to squeeze ever fucking nickle they can out of me. Fuck them and their CEOs, CFOs, and Board of Directors. If there ever is a violent overthrow those are the assholes I want to see marched to the guillotine. Or hunted for sport.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

It doesn't matter to me,because ANY light or lite beer is shit. If I want to drink water, I'd drink water. If I wanted to drink piss--well, I just wouldn't and I wouldn't, so never mind.
like tears in rain

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

The beer wars in Africa are heating up. Here’s an interesting short from Wall Street Journal about the Wagner Group fire bombing a competing brewery to gain control of the local market.

I can imagine, some time in the near future, a world where corporations regularly engage one another in armed skirmishes and clandestine ops…..

Enlist in the Budweiser Security Forces today!
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Badfellow wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:28 am
The beer wars in Africa are heating up. Here’s an interesting short from Wall Street Journal about the Wagner Group fire bombing a competing brewery to gain control of the local market.

I can imagine, some time in the near future, a world where corporations regularly engage one another in armed skirmishes and clandestine ops…..

This is what it comes to, beer wars. This is Niger, I take it, and the beer market in this country will be the spoils of the revolution. I don't know about you, but I never would trade a European beer recipe for a Russian. I've tried several Russian brews and I don't have the time to acquire the taste.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Badfellow wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:28 am

There are more than a few dystopian future stories that involve corporate warfare. One of my favorites was the Hammer's Slammers series of an armored corp of mercs that hired out to clear small rebellions on far off planets to pave the way for some mega corp to leech off all the natural resources. David Drake is the author.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Special Edition Beer with Trump’s Mugshot Sees ‘Record-Breaking’ Sales
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023 ... ing-sales/

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Where`s the Adolf brew?
Drink!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

You're looking for 'Hitler's Revenge'. Hunter Biden bought it all and is now marketing it as gasoline additives for your cars fuel injectors!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

The climate crisis is coming for your hoppy beer
https://www.accuweather.com/en/climate/ ... er/1586279
My hunch is this is more climate hysteria bs. I'm not a fan of IPA anyway. There will be hopps so maybe not so bitter.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Agents Find 600 Litres Of Illegal Beer Being Transported Through The Border | Border Control Sweden
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si37rKQ6or8

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Lush City wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:12 am
Agents Find 600 Litres Of Illegal Beer Being Transported Through The Border | Border Control Sweden
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si37rKQ6or8
That`s not even worth comitting a crime. Call me back when it hits 6000
Drink!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Hey great, so they let in thousands of illegals and give them room and board!
https://youtu.be/si37rKQ6or8?si=que1YU598fyGSxpT