The internet is full of lies and stupidity

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

stinie
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

The internet is full of lies and stupidity

Post by stinie »

It's been around two weeks since I was able to read and comprehend the news that was happening in the world. I'm pretty sure it's all bullshit, though. Not really sure how to pass the time anymore. I mean, yes, there's booze but then what? I think I used to be creative. One time I might have even been funny or something. Maybe not.

Mori and I just got in from a 4500+ mile road trip of awesomeness. I miss the road and am genuinely sad we won't be waking up in the morning to travel to some random amazing splendor. In light of all that, the internet is just so blasé.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: The internet is full of lies and stupidity

Post by Savage »

I have trouble typing, but yeah. You tooks a trip? Oh how I envy you, as any motion makes me panic.
like tears in rain

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

I wanted to see the presidents' heads. But Grumpy was grumpy. We did see a guy with a cow in his pickup bed. I had to stand in line behind the cowboy at the market. The cow smelled better.
like tears in rain

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Darlin', the internet makes you* stupid!

* Not you, specifically; obviously.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

stinie wrote:It's been around two weeks since I was able to read and comprehend the news that was happening in the world. I'm pretty sure it's all bullshit, though. Not really sure how to pass the time anymore. I mean, yes, there's booze but then what? I think I used to be creative. One time I might have even been funny or something. Maybe not.

Mori and I just got in from a 4500+ mile road trip of awesomeness. I miss the road and am genuinely sad we won't be waking up in the morning to travel to some random amazing splendor. In light of all that, the internet is just so blasé.
Been busy with the baby but we'll have to catch up. Too bad I didn't get a DD when youse two were out with Cazima, but I'd assume that was just because the debauchery was too fun
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

In re.: thread title:

The hell you say!
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

stinie
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by stinie »

I pretty much miss all of you...and so much more. The world is fucking exciting! I miss being a part of it. My lovely yet limiting college town just doesn't do it justice.

steved2112
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by steved2112 »

It's not lies to be wrong. But it is hubris to be sure you're right all the time. Luckily I know a lot less than I used to.

I was taught that thunder is the shock wave from the rapid collapse of air in reaction to the sudden absence of a lightning bolt.

Now they teach that thunder is the shock wave from the rapid expansion of air in reaction to the sudden presence of a lightning bolt.

Thirty years hence, I'm sure the scientists will have figured it out, like, for real seriously this time. Again.
I feel like I;' Typing down hill.
-F. Sott Blitzedgerald

l...
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by l... »

steved2112 wrote:It's not lies to be wrong. But it is hubris to be sure you're right all the time. Luckily I know a lot less than I used to.

I was taught that thunder is the shock wave from the rapid collapse of air in reaction to the sudden absence of a lightning bolt.

Now they teach that thunder is the shock wave from the rapid expansion of air in reaction to the sudden presence of a lightning bolt.

Thirty years hence, I'm sure the scientists will have figured it out, like, for real seriously this time. Again.

and plus, you and Beth know how to make a TARDIS door. I don't know why I needed to post that..but I did. ;)
That's what I call Drunkard justice. I hate prisses like that. They're mincing their way through life when they should be marching. ~fkr.

I wish i could find me a woman who drinks!~ruiner..on lack of women drinkers.

stinie
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by stinie »

Savage wrote:I wanted to see the presidents' heads. But Grumpy was grumpy. We did see a guy with a cow in his pickup bed. I had to stand in line behind the cowboy at the market. The cow smelled better.
In Utah, I saw a guy hitchhiking with a goat. No lie. It was it's own special awesome. I will see the presidents' heads one day....

Judge

Post by Judge »

Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

stinie wrote:
Savage wrote:I wanted to see the presidents' heads. But Grumpy was grumpy. We did see a guy with a cow in his pickup bed. I had to stand in line behind the cowboy at the market. The cow smelled better.
In Utah, I saw a guy hitchhiking with a goat. No lie. It was it's own special awesome. I will see the presidents' heads one day....
Couple years ago at a bullshit job ... Coworker and I are in Berkeley County West Virginia and we're lost, right? We ask for directions and proceed to make a wrong turn right away. We're going along the road and I'm like "Look at that ugly fucking dog, what the fuck's that growing out of its head?" We squeal to a halt (not quite screech) and notice this dog has straight up horns. You know. Because its a fucking goat. And nobody in West Virginia is like "Why is there a goat in the street?!?!?!?!"

Well we proceed the wrong way up this mountain and to our left is like a straight cliff drop-off instead of a shoulder and we're driving along in the wrong way when all of a sudden a squirrel comes bolting across the road. Now we screech to a halt. This squirrel speeds up and it takes a straight LEAP off this cliff. For a second I thought it was going to like spread its wings and be one of those Nat Geo flying squirrels and really amaze me. Nah, man. It was a regular squirrel like they have in Philly. Climbs trees, eats trash, and doesn't fly. This squirrel had just leaped to his death.

"Holy shit!!! Did you see that?!?!?!" my coworker yelled.

"Guess he doesn't wanna be in West Virginia any more than us," I said.

Well ... anyways, its booze-related because eventually we found out we were lost, found our way back, and drank a shitload of 40s.
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Savage wrote:I wanted to see the presidents' heads.
I know that I said it before, probably in the thread in which Stinie announced this trip and asked for tips, but Mount Rushmore is its own, singular experience. I was prepared to be disappointed, after having seen the image so many times over the years, but it was a moving vista.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

stinie
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by stinie »

coqui_chris wrote:
stinie wrote:
Couple years ago at a bullshit job ... Coworker and I are in Berkeley County West Virginia and we're lost, right? We ask for directions and proceed to make a wrong turn right away. We're going along the road and I'm like "Look at that ugly fucking dog, what the fuck's that growing out of its head?" We squeal to a halt (not quite screech) and notice this dog has straight up horns. You know. Because its a fucking goat. And nobody in West Virginia is like "Why is there a goat in the street?!?!?!?!"

Well we proceed the wrong way up this mountain and to our left is like a straight cliff drop-off instead of a shoulder and we're driving along in the wrong way when all of a sudden a squirrel comes bolting across the road. Now we screech to a halt. This squirrel speeds up and it takes a straight LEAP off this cliff. For a second I thought it was going to like spread its wings and be one of those Nat Geo flying squirrels and really amaze me. Nah, man. It was a regular squirrel like they have in Philly. Climbs trees, eats trash, and doesn't fly. This squirrel had just leaped to his death.

"Holy shit!!! Did you see that?!?!?!" my coworker yelled.

"Guess he doesn't wanna be in West Virginia any more than us," I said.

Well ... anyways, its booze-related because eventually we found out we were lost, found our way back, and drank a shitload of 40s.
West Virginia is a sad place. We drove through that state a few years ago...what a waste. :(

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Judge wrote:Image
oh thanks. you made me choke on my Greyhound.
like tears in rain