The Office Bar: On the Verge of a Comeback?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: The Office Bar: On the Verge of a Comeback?

Post by Savage »

Bluespook wrote:Coqui_chris is right. This is quite disturbing. First they came for the stoners, people who smoke on their own time and aren't hurting anyone, at least not as far as the company should be concerned. I get it if you are a cop or something, but some guy working construction who likes to smoke a joint at night after work... bullshit. Then they came for the smokers. The drinkers will probably be next, followed up by people who don't fit into the height/weight guidlines. Perhaps those that don't pass some kind of colesterol test will be after that. Disturbing indeed. The only thing the working man has going for him is that if they do try to do all this shit there will be nobody left to work and he will win by default. Strange and frightening times we live in.

Ooh, ooh! I saw where Japan is penalizing people with a larger than allowed waistline. Can you believe it?

My point being, Nanny State is spreading everywhere.
like tears in rain

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Savage wrote:
Bluespook wrote:Coqui_chris is right. This is quite disturbing. First they came for the stoners, people who smoke on their own time and aren't hurting anyone, at least not as far as the company should be concerned. I get it if you are a cop or something, but some guy working construction who likes to smoke a joint at night after work... bullshit. Then they came for the smokers. The drinkers will probably be next, followed up by people who don't fit into the height/weight guidlines. Perhaps those that don't pass some kind of colesterol test will be after that. Disturbing indeed. The only thing the working man has going for him is that if they do try to do all this shit there will be nobody left to work and he will win by default. Strange and frightening times we live in.

Ooh, ooh! I saw where Japan is penalizing people with a larger than allowed waistline. Can you believe it?

My point being, Nanny State is spreading everywhere.
Glad you noticed. Get healthcare lately, my dear? They are nailing me for hi BP and pressuring me to take medications when it was only a knee problem that brought me there. They will kill me quick if I get on these bp meds...maybe that's the way to go? Just asking...
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Oh, I have military medicine. That means that it only took a year or so, until they okayed my Stelara.
like tears in rain

Bobby Stout
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Bobby Stout »

Graham Norton's Drinking Habits according to (UK newspaper) The Daily Mail.
The Daily Mail wrote:...Norton himself has spoken often of his fondness for alcohol, saying on more than one occasion: ‘I’m a borderline alcoholic. I love drinking a lot. I go through a vast amount.’

He recently told American chat show host Chelsea Handler that he drinks on the job, admitting he finds a ‘tipple or two’ helps him get through tough interviews...
Superb.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

I used to not like Graham Norton, but I've been finding him much more likeable recently
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Bobby Stout
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Bobby Stout »

Mr. Viking wrote:I used to not like Graham Norton, but I've been finding him much more likeable recently
Any man that regularly refers to his love of wine while doing his job is fine by me. He got Mark Wahlberg sozzled on his show recently and generally him and his guests have a well-topped up glass of vino in front of them during the recording. If that ain't sticking it to The Drys, I don't know what is.

He is also one of the best characters that ever graced Father Ted, the world's greatest sitcom.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

Bobby Stout wrote: He is also one of the best characters that ever graced Father Ted, the world's greatest sitcom.
I'll have to stop you there
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Being retired, this only brings up dim memories I can't recall. My home office is well stocked. It's a literal bunker of booze.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.