New to The Board? Then introduce yourself here...

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

soberasajudge
Tippler
Tippler

Re: New to The Board? Then introduce yourself here...

Post by soberasajudge »

Nausea wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:59 pm
[

Welcome! And cheers. New guy buys, so I'll take a double Jameson, neat.
Jameson? My kinda drink. Coming right up!

soberasajudge
Tippler
Tippler

Post by soberasajudge »

Dear Booze wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:46 pm

Welcome Soberasajudge. I'll have a Captain Morgan. And since nobody has said it yet, Post drunk, post often, and post drunk often.

Wait. Or is it post often drunk? Drink and post. A lot.
A Capn coming right up! Rocks, I presume? And yes, I shall be doing a lot of drunken posting over the coming Xmas season.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

soberasajudge wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:33 am
Hello from across the pond. An American drunkard currently living in the UK. Cheers to you all!
Welcome! I'll have something Islay since you're over the pond.

What takes you over there anyhoo? Work, family, military?
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Welcome fellow drunkard soberasajudge! I am also an expat that recently moved to Europe so we are in the same pond-ish. I'll take a dirty martini with some bleu cheese stuffed olives. Maybe an order of nachos too? :D
Okole maluna!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

I spread the gospel of cheese on communion wafers.

Palmwine Drunkard
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Palmwine Drunkard »

Ya there is booze here, not as easy as it was just 3 years ago, hence my move to Bali, the most liberal part of an increasingly uptight place!
Nias is great and they make seriously strong tuak based hooch called arak!
Fortunately also a product of Bali.
Cheers!
"Nature is beautiful at its most violent and chaotic. Embrace the wildness, in the storm and in yourself. And meditate heavily with aid of Johnny Walker. You've got it right. Let it all keep turning."
(Raoul Duke)

BingoHead
Tippler
Tippler

Post by BingoHead »

OK, here goes:

I've been lurking around here for at least a decade, but only during February. It's a long, sad story, but no need to tell it now.

I'm an American, and I teach at a notable university in Germany (where I have lived since 1995), and am the department lush. No further details, since I don't want a visit to the dean's office asking if I need treatment. (I don't.) My students almost certainly talk behind my back, but I have never heard any rumors or complaints.

My booze taste is simple: beer and bourbon. I'm not really into cocktails, though I've tried many. I do keep a full bar, but only the bourbon bottles need constant replacement. My go-to bourbon is Four Roses, because it's the only one of three brands I can get at the closest store within walking distance. As for the other two brands: I actually took the pledge not to drink JD anymore several years ago (I know, I know: lurking this long seems a bit creepy. But there you have it) and Jim Beam white just bores me. As for beer, well, it's free here in Germany, so I just drink cheap unless someone else is buying.

Is that enough about me? I'd rather just buy y'all a round of Four Roses to say thanks and get back to lurking. I just figured it was time to say, "Hi."
"Frühstuck!"
--the guy at the train station shop where I regularly buy my morning Jaegermeister.

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

Welcome Bingo (I knew a farmer who had a dog with the same name).

Glad you decided to finally speak up. In what part of Germany are you located?

Thanks for buying the next round. Four Roses it is then.
DRINK!

Ouroboros
Tippler
Tippler

Post by Ouroboros »

New guy. A little about myself:

Born and raised in Northern Nevada, U.S., and proud of it. I get enraged when I find myself in the kind of place where the bars close at 2am...

I can find the appeal of damn near any drink, as long as it’s not a sugary mess made for college girls. I’ve definitely put some of the decendants of John Jameson through graduate school though. I’m a daily drinker, and weekend rager; I’ve been known to stumble out of my favorite local between 7 & 8 on a Saturday morning, go find a diner with breakfast and a good Bloody Mary (or a bottomless drink special), and hunker down there until early afternoon when it seems reasonable to return to the pub.

Been an auto mechanic for 23 years now (thus the drinking), and drive in motor racing events through the warm seasons. It gets down right wintery here in the Sierras, so racers hibernate during winter.

I probably won’t be too chatty on here, but I’ve been around MDM long enough that I thought it was about damn time I said hello.

Cheers fellows.
Remember: Safety third

BingoHead
Tippler
Tippler

Post by BingoHead »

Dear Booze wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:15 pm
In what part of Germany are you located?
I live in Hamburg, but work a two hour train ride away. I spend a lot of time on trains. Hence my sig--I typically buy a little bottle of Jaegermeister for breakfast when I get to the station in Hamburg, then another when I arrive at my destination. Other than the two small bottles of Jaegermeister, I don't usually drink until I finish work for the day--though I do keep a pint in my office for stress or emergencies. But I suppose I can elaborate on these sorts of things in other forums. For now, thanks for the welcome.
"Frühstuck!"
--the guy at the train station shop where I regularly buy my morning Jaegermeister.

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

Ouroboros wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:07 pm
... I thought it was about damn time I said hello.
Glad you did, Ouro! Welcome!

Rule around here is "post drunk, post often, post drunk often" or something like that. Maybe piss drunk? Pissed often drunk. Not sure. But I do know that the new guy buys the next round. I'll join you with a Jameson.

Cheers.
DRINK!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

BingoHead wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:05 am
I live in Hamburg, but work a two hour train ride away. I spend a lot of time on trains...
First off, welcome to the boards, and I raise a toast to you for breaking such a long lurking streak as you have. Both Oettinger and the lovely miss Artful Detective (also an American) currently reside in Wuppertal. Not exactly a stone's throw from Hamburg but you might consider meeting them for a drinking session at some point in the hazy, drunken future.

Ouroboros wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:07 pm
... I thought it was about damn time I said hello.
Hello, and welcome. New guy buys. I'll have a Long Island Tea if you please, and tell the bartender not to skimp on the mescaline.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Verbal_HM
Souse
Souse

Post by Verbal_HM »

I'm a twat, I'm a cunt, I get my thrills through testing peoples limits to my own obnoxious form of drunken banter.

Man, guys, fellas. I honestly tried in life, you need to honestly re-evaluate your life once you feel you're having conversations with children?

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm the problem, not them. Truth is, it is probably me, and not them.

Anyhow, to lighten the mood. I'm me, I'm 'Verbal', I took a fuck tonne of drugs when I was young, these days I'm relying on Alcohol because I'd like to avoid a prison sentence.

I enjoy 'pissing' people off, testing limits, and generally having some fun while staying within the confines of the law.

Drunk, it's a polite kind of 'angry'. I'm not a physical fighter, but I am 'angry' at society. As I consider it mostly to be habituated by undrunk tards.

Did maths, did sums, dropped out of University because t wasn't worth the debt. About a decade ago...

buzzsaw
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by buzzsaw »

Verbal_HM wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:06 pm
I'm a twat, I'm a cunt, I get my thrills through testing peoples limits to my own obnoxious form of drunken banter.

Man, guys, fellas. I honestly tried in life, you need to honestly re-evaluate your life once you feel you're having conversations with children?

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm the problem, not them. Truth is, it is probably me, and not them.

Anyhow, to lighten the mood. I'm me, I'm 'Verbal', I took a fuck tonne of drugs when I was young, these days I'm relying on Alcohol because I'd like to avoid a prison sentence.

I enjoy 'pissing' people off, testing limits, and generally having some fun while staying within the confines of the law.

Drunk, it's a polite kind of 'angry'. I'm not a physical fighter, but I am 'angry' at society. As I consider it mostly to be habituated by undrunk tards.

Did maths, did sums, dropped out of University because t wasn't worth the debt. About a decade ago...
Whilst well thought out and feisty, who are you again???
Last edited by buzzsaw on Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Verbal_HM
Souse
Souse

Post by Verbal_HM »

I'm an absolute nobody, same as the rest of you?