New to The Board? Then introduce yourself here...

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: New to The Board? Then introduce yourself here...

Post by oettinger »

OldDale wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:13 am
I'm a new born DRUNKARD!
You fell off the wagon huh?
And then said wagon ran over your head?
Drink!

Backbone Robby Bobby
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Backbone Robby Bobby »

How do you do?

I'm French living in France but I love being around Americans and all of you fine English- speaking people.
The nickname Robby Bobby was given to me by an American friend and inspired by Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights because he thinks that I'm the only French redneck. I love to visit the divebars in Tennessee, Georgia, North Carolina... which unfortunately is not often. I also do love country music and rock'n roll.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Salut, Robby Bobby, and welcome to the boards. As is tradition, the new guy buys the first round. I’ll have a Lucky Lager and a shot of red-eye, if you please.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Backbone Robby Bobby
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Badfellow wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:07 pm
Salut, Robby Bobby, and welcome to the boards. As is tradition, the new guy buys the first round. I’ll have a Lucky Lager and a shot of red-eye, if you please.
Merci. Most certainly. My pleasure. Cheers.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Welcome aboard Bob,

I`d have a double whisky sour.

Don`t forget to
post often
post drunk
post often drunk
Drink!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Welcome aboard you French Hillbilly!!! I'll have an armagnac and a Flanders Red.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Stendhal
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Stendhal »

Cheers, Robby Bobby! For the first round, I will have a Glenfiddich and club soda.
Everything in moderation, including moderation

Backbone Robby Bobby
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

oettinger wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:59 pm
Welcome aboard Bob,

I`d have a double whisky sour.

Don`t forget to
post often
post drunk
post often drunk
Patchez wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:43 pm
Welcome aboard you French Hillbilly!!! I'll have an armagnac and a Flanders Red.
Stendhal wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:54 pm
Cheers, Robby Bobby! For the first round, I will have a Glenfiddich and club soda.
Thank you Gentlemen. That is frightfully descent of you (proper English that I'm trying to learn since a Brittish friend was jokingly horrified by my 'Murican southern twang).

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Welcome aboard RB! Token lady drunkard here, and pleased to meet another fellow drunkard. I'm an murrican' living in Germany and I MISS people who like 'murricans and speak English lol. Since it's been a while, I'll have a dirty vodka martini with bleu cheese stuffed olives, s'il te plaît et merci! Bravo! Prost! Chin chin! Sláinte!
Okole maluna!

Backbone Robby Bobby
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:30 am
Welcome aboard RB! Token lady drunkard here, and pleased to meet another fellow drunkard. I'm an murrican' living in Germany and I MISS people who like 'murricans and speak English lol. Since it's been a while, I'll have a dirty vodka martini with bleu cheese stuffed olives, s'il te plaît et merci! Bravo! Prost! Chin chin! Sláinte!
Thank you Miss Artful. Who wouldn't like 'Muricans? It's totally amazing how so many of the European "elites" never understood America and Americans while a simple Frenchman like myself, without even having English as native tongue just...got it! God bless America.

Dirty Martini? Had heard the name before but since I never drink it, I had to Google it. And may I ask if the blue cheese stuffed olive is your invention?
I am not at all judgemental when it comes to alcohol. I just have a very poor cocktail- culture. However, got totally wasted on Bourbon Cowboys (could that be the name?) during my vacation in Georgia, USA a few years ago and loved that one.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Backbone Robby Bobby wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:28 am
Thank you Miss Artful. Who wouldn't like 'Muricans? It's totally amazing how so many of the European "elites" never understood America and Americans while a simple Frenchman like myself, without even having English as native tongue just...got it! God bless America.

Dirty Martini? Had heard the name before but since I never drink it, I had to Google it. And may I ask if the blue cheese stuffed olive is your invention?
I am not at all judgemental when it comes to alcohol. I just have a very poor cocktail- culture. However, got totally wasted on Bourbon Cowboys (could that be the name?) during my vacation in Georgia, USA a few years ago and loved that one.
I would say that I also, am not the best in cocktail culture. I just posted cocktails that include KFC gravy in the drink recipe thread for cryin' out loud. That clearly screams I know nothing. But I do know this...martini's are generally gin, but beings how I'm a vodka drinker, I just prefer vodka. The more bottom the shelf, the better. True martini drinkers are abhorred by this and don't acknowledge vodka martinis as a legitimate martini. Oh, and making it dirty just means heavy on the olive juice. And apparently some people prefer pearl onions in place of olives.

On that note, no I did not invent the bleu cheese stuffed olives although I wish I could take credit for it. I dated a bartender for many years and he turned me onto it. I guess it's a "thing." Vielen dank for the martini. Ready for another. Cheers!
Okole maluna!

Thompson
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Thompson »

Thank you for having me. I’m humbled in a way. But I’ll end up good and drunk and insult everyone just you wait and see. I sent a poem to the magazine and it wasn’t published because it wasn’t any good. The fellow across the street got one of his poems published and I sort of hate to admit it but it was plenty good. I just came on board and my computer skills are awful and I don’t have a computer I’ve got this phone that has no number but I’ll try to get up to date. One thing I can tell ya, make no bones about it, a beer for breakfast is very important. You wake up, first thing you look at is the bottle level and the number of beers in the fridge. So, you plan your course of action accordingly.
“Talk is cheap, whiskey costs money.” — Harry Caray

Stendhal
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Stendhal »

Cheers Thompson! I will have a Glenfiddich and club soda.
Everything in moderation, including moderation

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Thank you Stendhal. Bottoms up.
“Talk is cheap, whiskey costs money.” — Harry Caray

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Welcome Thompson! Nice to know ya! Now that the weather is finally turning quasi nice, I'm in the mood for something refreshing and simple like a strong Tajin-rimmed frozen lime margarita to kick things off. Much obliged for the drink, fellow drunkard. Sláinte!

Okole maluna!