New to The Board? Then introduce yourself here...

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: New to The Board? Then introduce yourself here...

Post by Lush City »

I raise a toast to you, Artful Detective. Cheers!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

oettinger wrote:Welcome YellowRose.
Try cheese filled peperoni, works with every drink. In them? I dunno yet.
Quit facebook altoghether, this drunkbook here works just as fine.
New one buys, so pour me some of that cheap vodka please.
Cheers
Oettinger, you had me at cheese. I neglected to add that to my favorite list...thanks for the reminder. And yes, I am tempted to give up FB almost daily.

Savage re: Frasier. I would succumb. The only reason I haven't is because I DVR'd all the episodes.

A round of cheap vodka and fried chicken for you all my merry friends! Aloha!
Okole maluna!

oldsmartskunk
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by oldsmartskunk »

Artful Detective wrote:Hello my friends. I am newly registered but long time reader- don't want to use the word "lurker" as it sounds rather creepy like "stalker". But I have found solace and entertainment from all of you from afar.

About me: I like cheap vodka- but not so cheap where it has that rubbing alcohol flavor- I do have some dignity- I mean cheap as in a plastic handle is perfectly acceptable.

I love food in my drinks... Hefeweizens (with lemon), Dirty Martini's (with bleu cheese olives), Mojitos (with cucumbers) and Bloody Mary's (with bacon or shrimp). I am open to suggestions as to other delicious combinations.

I also love the company of intellects...animals...and plants. In no particular order I also like gardening, fried chicken, reading, being in nature, and watching "The Big Lebowski"...all while drinking or drunk of course.

I am here to meet new friends... for companionship, comic relief... and to prevent myself from drunk Facebooking.

I am a mellow and true person, drama free, great listener, and enjoy life to the fullest!

I'm here and to quote Dr. Frasier Crane "I'm listening! ". for those of you who need a lending ear... it is what I do best!
Welcome, it is always nice to see our numbers grow. Beware of oettinger though.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

oldsmartskunk wrote:Welcome, it is always nice to see our numbers grow. Beware of oettinger though.
Nah, it's cool since he got the court mandated order to be muzzled at all times, when in public.

Welcome aboard, Artful Detective. Please feel free to PM me if there is anything that I can do to help or any questions about the Board or MDM that you'd like answered.
Your friendly neighbourhood moderator.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Partlow
Tippler
Tippler

Post by Partlow »

Hi!

I'm bad at writing about myself, so i'm gonna recite a bunch of stuff i've said to people while hung over and then ask a question, and you can get to know me like that.

Me: "Well, if i could AFFORD single malts, my breath would smell like old oak barrels or something. Wanna buy me a drink?"
Me: "I'm only on my 2nd cup of coffee, how do you expect me to drive a truck!"
Me: "I don't drink alone, you twit. I have two cats! You're holding one of them!"

So, about what i put in my gullet! A friend gave me a bottle of Jameson on St Patricks day, and i keep postponing our inevitable late-night confabulation because i've heard its 'light' and 'smooth' and other crimes against nature... i just wanna get drunk (as shit). Is it going to get me -less- drunk, or is it just light and smooth but equally intoxicating, because at this rate i'm never gonna choose it over my pals Jim and Jack out of fear it will be ineffective, and result in a lingering disappointment as opposed to a splendid evening!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Welcome aboard Partlow.
I don`t exactly know what`s your problem here. Light in terms of calories? Alc by volume should be a good guide. Also why just not find out, broaden your drink-horizon. Also, that second J you mentioned is the forbidden toxic on here for good reasons. Look it up.
New one buys, me being from abroad and never having one before I`ll take some of that Jameson, neat, please.
Nice to have you with us and
Post drunk
Post often
Post drunk often!
Drink!

Partlow
Tippler
Tippler

Post by Partlow »

oettinger wrote:Welcome aboard Partlow.
I don`t exactly know what`s your problem here. Light in terms of calories? Alc by volume should be a good guide. Also why just not find out, broaden your drink-horizon. Also, that second J you mentioned is the forbidden toxic on here for good reasons. Look it up.
New one buys, me being from abroad and never having one before I`ll take some of that Jameson, neat, please.
Nice to have you with us and
Post drunk
Post often
Post drunk often!
...You're right. I have to get BETTER! It'll be gone by monday!
I am learning stuff! So far so good!

Memory Losser
Tippler
Tippler

Post by Memory Losser »

I regularly wake knowing or remembering nothing of the night/morning before. The only given (not a memory) is that I will have abused somebody at some point, in fact I often think "eh, what the fuck" when I occasionally find out that I haven't.

My greatest downfall or achievement (depending on how you see it) apart from being an extremely abusive cunt when extremely pished, is that I never seem to pass out. I just drink and drink and drink, sometimes to the point where I talk to myself, become confused and think I have friends over when I don't, wander about the house naked and now and again piss on white radiators, white towels, anything white really, while in a completely detached from reality alcoholic stupor. People who have come across me doing this, said I just carry on, shake my cock and then just look straight through them like they didn't exist and then wander off, as though everything I just did was normal....and that's only the half of it.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Memory Losser wrote:I regularly wake knowing or remembering nothing of the night/morning before. The only given (not a memory) is that I will have abused somebody at some point, in fact I often think "eh, what the fuck" when I occasionally find out that I haven't.

My greatest downfall or achievement (depending on how you see it) apart from being an extremely abusive cunt when extremely pished, is that I never seem to pass out. I just drink and drink and drink, sometimes to the point where I talk to myself, become confused and think I have friends over when I don't, wander about the house naked and now and again piss on white radiators, white towels, anything white really, while in a completely detached from reality alcoholic stupor. People who have come across me doing this, said I just carry on, shake my cock and then just look straight through them like they didn't exist and then wander off, as though everything I just did was normal....and that's only the half of it.
Wait, are you me?

Is this what I do when I reach the island? Do I post as other people?

Help!

I piss on whites as well. I do not "pee: Pee is the sound that women make.

Real men make a sound like a firehose, not a tinkle.

Well met, young Drunkard. well met indeed.
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Welcome aboard but beware of the pirates lurking in your midst. They are looking for recruits to take over the world. Maybe I'm just toasted or very paranoid. This will take some time to evaluate... Cheers!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

mistah willies wrote:I piss on whites as well.

Note to self. When ever I get the chance to drink with Willies, walk away at any mention of going for a piss.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Patchez wrote:
mistah willies wrote:I piss on whites as well.

Note to self. When ever I get the chance to drink with Willies, walk away at any mention of going for a piss.

I never piss on white goods.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Russian buddy? Is that lost soul yours?
No?
Damn, but welcome anyway
Drink!

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Introducing myself.

Post by TheDrunkardAnglo »

Hello there my name is Herman and that's why I drink!

I live in the UK and drink Ale, Whisky (mainly scotch - Johnny Walker), Gin, Vodka and Rum on occasion. During my first year of University I had an art student as a roommate. We partook in the cliche of absinthe quite heavily whilst reading a lot of Bukowski. They were good times.

I'm approaching my third year at University now, studying politics and history whilst working for a political party. It would be wise not to say too much here. I'll just say politics is a great profession to get into if you like to drink. Though I do fear that its in a midst of a change. Many would argue that its a positive change, I would argue the opposite. There is nothing like ending a long day irritating the electorate than with a good piss up. It makes it all worth it.

I suppose its the progression of things at the moment. When you read the obituaries section of your paper of choice they will say 'heavy drinker' or 'heavy smoker' insinuating that it was lifestyle related illness. Despite the person who's just kicked the can practically being a museum exhibition.

This is journalism! Once British Journalism was the pinnacle of shit-faced professionalism. People would whisper fleet street as if it were a mecca of all things booze. But no more my friends. The ones who were part of this metropolis have been dragged from their offices with urine doused trousers and thrown onto the streets long ago.

So now I stand. Alright I admit, lean awkwardly on the wall, in protest against this type of rubbish. Abstinence doesn't equate to immortality. It only equates to self-righteous bores.

Anyway, i'll end this here my drink won't refill itself.

Herm
Major Strasser: What is your nationality?
Rick: I'm a drunkard.
Captain Renault: That makes Rick a citizen of the world.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Welcome, Herman!

Cheers!
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be