New to The Board? Then introduce yourself here...

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: New to The Board? Then introduce yourself here...

Post by mistah willies »

Savage wrote:I am just signing on to say, Why the hell am I on this thread? I have been here since 2003. I am sorry, and will try to refrain from posting here. The fact that I change personalities weekly should have nothing to do with it.
24,000 posts +

It would appear that you, lady S

have kept close to the kiln,

glazed every bottle to empty

and shown to be true, like a sharp blade on a whet stone.

None can compare

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Just a word to the newbies, beware of the Gaelic speakers here. They are very shifty.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Actually, it is more like a million posts. We had a meltdown a few years ago. Whatever. Clearly, I have no life.
like tears in rain

Reaply
Tippler
Tippler

Post by Reaply »

Yo, everyone. Glad I've found such a forum.

I do alcohol alone, that's more safe than doing it elsewhere with some "friends" - I don't have to try getting home and risking to put my ass in some trouble. If I get overdosed - I can puke with confort.

And noone harms my nerves with jibber jabber talky talks. When I get drunk my mood eventually gets worse and worse, and I might get into an unneeded conflict wth people I'd still need.

I do vodka. Used to do cognac in the past but in my country it costs a lot now, while prices for vodka are still reasonable. And cognac usually put me into some deepest layers of my personal infernal abyss. That was scary, so since 2015 I switched to vodka - it never makes me rendervouz with demons.

Cheers

oldsmartskunk
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by oldsmartskunk »

Welcome Reaply. Glad to have you here. You will find this place soothing. Encouraging. Encouraging to drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

^ ^ ^

Listen to this man. he knows of what he speaks.

Jockstewart
Tippler
Tippler

Post by Jockstewart »

Savage wrote:I am just signing on to say, Why the hell am I on this thread? I have been here since 2003. I am sorry, and will try to refrain from posting here. The fact that I change personalities weekly should have nothing to do with it.
The best people are never themselves, shit I'm Robert Mitchum this week. Unfortunately lizard eyes get you into bar fights with old bearded men, apparently 'hey cunt' isn't an appropriate greeting - even when you're shouting drinks.
"I'm only drinking white wine because I'm on a diet and I don't eat." - Oliver Reed
'Drink em' like Mitchum' - Me

pubsheds
Tippler
Tippler

Pub Sheds

Post by pubsheds »

Thanks for the add, I look forward to reading through some of the threads on here!

If anyone is interested, I run 'pub sheds' - a group on facebook with over 7000 members (feel free to join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1479838 ... ment_reply)

Our group is for people interested in or currently creating their own home bar / pub shed / basement boozer!

Many thanks, hope to also see some of you there!

'Cheers'

Ben
Pub Sheds

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

My home bar is wherever my butt happens to be parked.
like tears in rain

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Wow! New blood, that's what this place needs. Post on! Post drunk!
Except when they try to make money selling crappy bars to drone website users. We are watching you.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Lush City wrote:Wow! New blood, that's what this place needs. Post on! Post drunk!
Except when they try to make money selling crappy bars to drone website users. We are watching you.
Shit, bought two of em
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Hello my fellow drunkard friends. I am newly registered but long time reader- don't want to use the word "lurker" as it sounds rather creepy like "stalker". But I have found solace and entertainment from all of you from afar.

About me: I like cheap vodka- but not so cheap where it has that rubbing alcohol flavor- I do have some dignity- I mean cheap as in a plastic handle is perfectly acceptable.

I love food in my drinks... Hefeweizens (with lemon), Dirty Martini's (with bleu cheese olives), Mojitos (with cucumbers) and Bloody Mary's (with bacon or shrimp). I am open to suggestions as to other delicious combinations.

I also love the company of intellects...animals...and plants. In no particular order I also like gardening, fried chicken, reading, being in nature, and watching "The Big Lebowski"...all while drinking or drunk of course.

I am here to meet new friends... for companionship, comic relief... and to prevent myself from drunk Facebooking.

I am a mellow and true person, drama free, great listener, and enjoy life to the fullest!

I'm here and to quote Dr. Frasier Crane "I'm listening! ". for those of you who need a lending ear... it is what I do best!
Okole maluna!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Artful Detective wrote:Hello my fellow drunkard friends. I am newly registered but long time reader- don't want to use the word "lurker" as it sounds rather creepy like "stalker". But I have found solace and entertainment from all of you from afar.

About me: I like cheap vodka- but not so cheap where it has that rubbing alcohol flavor- I do have some dignity- I mean cheap as in a plastic handle is perfectly acceptable.

I love food in my drinks... Hefeweizens (with lemon), Dirty Martini's (with bleu cheese olives), Mojitos (with cucumbers) and Bloody Mary's (with bacon or shrimp). I am open to suggestions as to other delicious combinations.

I also love the company of intellects...animals...and plants. In no particular order I also like gardening, fried chicken, reading, being in nature, and watching "The Big Lebowski"...all while drinking or drunk of course.

I am here to meet new friends... for companionship, comic relief... and to prevent myself from drunk Facebooking.

I am a mellow and true person, drama free, great listener, and enjoy life to the fullest!

I'm here and to quote Dr. Frasier Crane "I'm listening! ". for those of you who need a lending ear... it is what I do best!
You sound like you'll fit in here just fine. BTW, I love olives stuffed with garlic cloves. I don't put them in my bourbon, I just crunch them. Do share your fried chicken recipe,as the Grumpy and I have cornered the market of elegance on that subject.
P.S. I am eyeballing the complete series of Frasier on Amazon, and may succumb at any moment.
like tears in rain

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Welcome AD.
Try cheese filled peperoni, works with every drink. In them? I dunno yet.
Quit facebook altoghether, this drunkbook here works just as fine.
New one buys, so pour me some of that cheap vodka please.
Cheers
Drink!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Welcome aboard Artful Detective. since no one else has said it, post drunk, post often, post drunk often.

Cheers and I'll have one of those Martinis with the bleu cheese olives with one of my favorite stuffed olives as well. Chorizo. Should be spot on with the bleu cheese ones.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice