New to The Board? Then introduce yourself here...

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar

Ouroboros
Tippler
Tippler

Re: New to The Board? Then introduce yourself here...

Post by Ouroboros » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:07 pm

New guy. A little about myself:

Born and raised in Northern Nevada, U.S., and proud of it. I get enraged when I find myself in the kind of place where the bars close at 2am...

I can find the appeal of damn near any drink, as long as it’s not a sugary mess made for college girls. I’ve definitely put some of the decendants of John Jameson through graduate school though. I’m a daily drinker, and weekend rager; I’ve been known to stumble out of my favorite local between 7 & 8 on a Saturday morning, go find a diner with breakfast and a good Bloody Mary (or a bottomless drink special), and hunker down there until early afternoon when it seems reasonable to return to the pub.

Been an auto mechanic for 23 years now (thus the drinking), and drive in motor racing events through the warm seasons. It gets down right wintery here in the Sierras, so racers hibernate during winter.

I probably won’t be too chatty on here, but I’ve been around MDM long enough that I thought it was about damn time I said hello.

Cheers fellows.
Remember: Safety third

BingoHead
Tippler
Tippler

Post by BingoHead » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:05 am

Dear Booze wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:15 pm
In what part of Germany are you located?
I live in Hamburg, but work a two hour train ride away. I spend a lot of time on trains. Hence my sig--I typically buy a little bottle of Jaegermeister for breakfast when I get to the station in Hamburg, then another when I arrive at my destination. Other than the two small bottles of Jaegermeister, I don't usually drink until I finish work for the day--though I do keep a pint in my office for stress or emergencies. But I suppose I can elaborate on these sorts of things in other forums. For now, thanks for the welcome.
"Frühstuck!"
--the guy at the train station shop where I regularly buy my morning Jaegermeister.

Dear Booze
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Dear Booze » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:48 am

Ouroboros wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:07 pm
... I thought it was about damn time I said hello.
Glad you did, Ouro! Welcome!

Rule around here is "post drunk, post often, post drunk often" or something like that. Maybe piss drunk? Pissed often drunk. Not sure. But I do know that the new guy buys the next round. I'll join you with a Jameson.

Cheers.
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a drunk man tortilla chips, Velveeta and a hair dryer and he has nachos.

Badfellow
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Badfellow » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:04 pm

BingoHead wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:05 am
I live in Hamburg, but work a two hour train ride away. I spend a lot of time on trains...
First off, welcome to the boards, and I raise a toast to you for breaking such a long lurking streak as you have. Both Oettinger and the lovely miss Artful Detective (also an American) currently reside in Wuppertal. Not exactly a stone's throw from Hamburg but you might consider meeting them for a drinking session at some point in the hazy, drunken future.

Ouroboros wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:07 pm
... I thought it was about damn time I said hello.
Hello, and welcome. New guy buys. I'll have a Long Island Tea if you please, and tell the bartender not to skimp on the mescaline.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Verbal_HM
Souse
Souse

Post by Verbal_HM » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:06 pm

I'm a twat, I'm a cunt, I get my thrills through testing peoples limits to my own obnoxious form of drunken banter.

Man, guys, fellas. I honestly tried in life, you need to honestly re-evaluate your life once you feel you're having conversations with children?

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm the problem, not them. Truth is, it is probably me, and not them.

Anyhow, to lighten the mood. I'm me, I'm 'Verbal', I took a fuck tonne of drugs when I was young, these days I'm relying on Alcohol because I'd like to avoid a prison sentence.

I enjoy 'pissing' people off, testing limits, and generally having some fun while staying within the confines of the law.

Drunk, it's a polite kind of 'angry'. I'm not a physical fighter, but I am 'angry' at society. As I consider it mostly to be habituated by undrunk tards.

Did maths, did sums, dropped out of University because t wasn't worth the debt. About a decade ago...

buzzsaw
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by buzzsaw » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:15 pm

Verbal_HM wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:06 pm
I'm a twat, I'm a cunt, I get my thrills through testing peoples limits to my own obnoxious form of drunken banter.

Man, guys, fellas. I honestly tried in life, you need to honestly re-evaluate your life once you feel you're having conversations with children?

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm the problem, not them. Truth is, it is probably me, and not them.

Anyhow, to lighten the mood. I'm me, I'm 'Verbal', I took a fuck tonne of drugs when I was young, these days I'm relying on Alcohol because I'd like to avoid a prison sentence.

I enjoy 'pissing' people off, testing limits, and generally having some fun while staying within the confines of the law.

Drunk, it's a polite kind of 'angry'. I'm not a physical fighter, but I am 'angry' at society. As I consider it mostly to be habituated by undrunk tards.

Did maths, did sums, dropped out of University because t wasn't worth the debt. About a decade ago...
Whilst well thought out and feisty, who are you again???
Last edited by buzzsaw on Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Verbal_HM
Souse
Souse

Post by Verbal_HM » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:17 pm

I'm an absolute nobody, same as the rest of you?

buzzsaw
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by buzzsaw » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:19 pm

Verbal_HM wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:17 pm
I'm an absolute nobody, same as the rest of you?
Aye, welcome aboard!

Patchez
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Patchez » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:10 pm

Welcome aboard , Bingo Head, Ouroboros, and Verbal.

I'll have a Four Roses, Jamesons and a pitcher of any good stout.

Enjoy our little drunken corner of the intertrons.

Skal ta as fassen!
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Ouroboros
Tippler
Tippler

Post by Ouroboros » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:16 pm

Appreciate the warm welcome!

I’m never gonna remember what everybody wants; just tell the bartender to put it on my tab...
Remember: Safety third

Nausea
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Nausea » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:44 am

Ouroboros wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:16 pm
I’m never gonna remember what everybody wants; just tell the bartender to put it on my tab...
Welcome! And this is a dangerous suggestion for your wallet's sake. As a fancy bitch, I have very expensive, elegant taste.
Oh God, my grandmother would kill me.

Artful Drunktective
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Artful Drunktective » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:17 am

Welcome fellow drunkards! As Dear Booze basically said...post piss drunk often. I would also love a Long Island Ice Tea, an order of nachos, maybe Mötley Crüe Greatest Hits if it's no trouble? Chin chin gents! Happy to have you aboard!
"Something's got to be done. We can't go on like this.
I must have some booze".

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:53 pm

Also a big welcome from me and three rounds of vodka lemon please
^^^ Ignore please ^^^

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:30 am

oettinger wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:53 pm
Also a big welcome from me and three rounds of vodka lemon please
I'll have whatever you're pouring. Indeed, welcome to this marvelous internet pub, and don't be strangers.

Far~Out~Pat
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Far~Out~Pat » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:12 am

I originally joined september 15 2009, but my profile was banned for inactivity, I'll try not to be as lazy this time CHEERS!!! 🍺
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." -Dr. Johnson. In A Smokey Old Bar, With A Cold Lone Star⭐🍺