The Daily Nut (your way of making a living)

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: The Daily Nut (your way of making a living)

Post by peetie44 »

I am paid to drink free beer, and while waiting for the next round, bang on a piano and sing passably on-key.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

treetop
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by treetop »

joiner by trade. plied my living as a barman for years earlier in life. never could get on with the sots though. miserable bunch.
it's all good in the woods, nobody hears me when i scream.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Towards the end of this, after a LOTTA stage beer, I get my moment...

Ricky Nelson...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjifjbDpx2U
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

Judge

Post by Judge »

Look at Peetie, just a young man with a dream having a Garden Party of his very own. You shoulda been sitting in with the man, Deano and Walter. "My Rifle, My Pony and Me" could have used a little tinkling to carry it through. Any good with a six shooter?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmMflqOEFyA

Rio Bravo, where the answer to sobering up a drunk is to take his whisky away and give him beer.

Classic.
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

Judge

Post by Judge »

Strange, the auto correct must be drunk. How'd "sobering" get through? Have to file an IT report I guess.

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

Judge

Post by Judge »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:I sell candy, crutches, cough drops, wheelchairs, and narcotics.
YES YOU CAN
You sound like a pharmacist.

CPE1704TKS

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Judge wrote:Look at Peetie, just a young man with a dream having a Garden Party of his very own. You shoulda been sitting in with the man, Deano and Walter. "My Rifle, My Pony and Me" could have used a little tinkling to carry it through. Any good with a six shooter?

Rio Bravo, where the answer to sobering up a drunk is to take his whisky away and give him beer.

Classic.
Your Honor,

Actually, I'm quite proficient with a Colt Single Action Army revolver (western six-shooter). My late Uncle Joe was a fast-draw competitor back in the '50s/'60s and he taught me some skills. Put it this way, you wouldn't want me shooting at you with a Colt pistol within 30 yards.

While playing with Rick Nelson (this was @1982-1984, between Blasters tours, and I was on-call to play with RN because his #1 piano guy worked a lotta LA record sessions and didn't wanna go on the road), I did get to hang a bit and talk some shit with Wayne Newton (WN was taking a little time off and came in to see us a couple of times during Rick's 2-week run at the MGM Grand @1983). Newton was friendly, down-to-earth...total class act. VERY knowledgeable about all kinds of music...and you should hear him play the guitar...I mean, DAMN!

Also...survived a piano encounter in Vegas @Jan/1982 with this character...
Last edited by peetie44 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Judge wrote:Strange, the auto correct must be drunk. How'd "sobering" get through? Have to file an IT report I guess.
It only corrects the five-letter "S-word"; not any derivatives thereof, sadly.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Judge

Re:

Post by Judge »

peetie44 wrote:
Judge wrote:Look at Peetie, just a young man with a dream having a Garden Party of his very own. You shoulda been sitting in with the man, Deano and Walter. "My Rifle, My Pony and Me" could have used a little tinkling to carry it through. Any good with a six shooter?

Classic.
Your Honor,

Actually, I'm quite proficient with a Colt Single Action Army revolver (western six-shooter). My late Uncle Joe was a fast-draw competitor back in the '50s/'60s and he taught me some skills. Put it this way, you wouldn't want me shooting at you with a Colt pistol within 30 yards.

While playing with Rick Nelson (this was @1982-1984, between Blasters tours, and I was on-call to play with RN because his #1 piano guy worked a lotta LA record sessions and didn't wanna go on the road), I did get to hang a bit and talk some shit with Wayne Newton (WN was taking a little time off and came in to see us a couple of times during Rick's 2-week run at the MGM Grand @1983). Newton was friendly, down-to-earth...total class act. VERY knowledgeable about all kinds of music...and you should hear him play the guitar...I mean, DAMN!

Also...survived a piano encounter in Vegas @Jan/1982 with this character...
The Mrs. and I saw Wayne Newton at the Stardust before they tore it down. He put on a hell of a show, can't sing anymore but he played just about every string instrument up there (mandolin, guitar, banjo) and I believe he played the trumpet and sax. Actual performer who can play, not just sing into a reverb unit copying Michael Jackson dances. And the Mrs. got a kiss from him of course.

Huh, you survived an encounter with Liberace and Ruiner survived one with Boy George (who bought him a drink).

And for your listening enjoyment.....the King of Strings Joe Maphis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi4W3qH4xxs

CPE1704TKS

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Re:

Post by peetie44 »

Judge wrote:

And for your listening enjoyment.....the King of Strings Joe Maphis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi4W3qH4xxs
OHHHHhhh, yeah...

Screwball
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: A half foot away from a cat's nutsack. I Gotta get the DevilKat Fixed!

Post by Screwball »

Judge wrote:
ThirstyDrunk wrote:I sell candy, crutches, cough drops, wheelchairs, and narcotics.
YES YOU CAN
You sound like a pharmacist.
..or a pimp.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Here ya go, Judge...another great picker.

Largely unknown to all but country guitar fanatics, the late Phil Baugh (who I used to see play in the lounge at the old Pomona Lanes bowling alley in Pomona/CA, when I was @10-11yrs old) could TEAR UP a guitar.

The studio version of this song won the CMA Country Instrumental of the Year Award in @1965.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwws6XPZ1JM

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

I just worked what was unofficially my last shift as a kitchen porter in a fish and chip restaurant, so I'm back to being a student.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"