Ascetic boozing.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Ascetic boozing.

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Does it sometimes happen to you?
I mean, you're too busy to have lunch, and then you painfully work the day through thinking about dinner, but when you get back home this bottle of (insert drink of choice) winks at you and you simply don't eat at all, because all you want is an other glass and an other cigar. And somehow you don't feel hungry any more any way.
Sure happens to me.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Ascetic boozing.

Post by Savage »

I never want a cigar. They stink. I am no Gigi. But another glass is always welcome.
Oh, and food? Sometimes, it would be wonderful if I was not me, but only knew me, and that one who is not me would cook for me.
like tears in rain

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

This frequently happens to me. Often when on a bender I can go for days without food; relying on Guinness, plenty of limes in the gin and tonics, the odd Screwdriver, Bullshots and Bloody Marys; and lots of cigarettes.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

Happens to me, like palinka, if I'm on a bit of a jag.

Usually though, my life is largely composed of stuffing my face punctuated by occasional cigarettes, though less occasional when I'm drinking. I tend not to get hungry if I have something to do
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

ltwhiskas
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by ltwhiskas »

I envy you all. I pair food and booze like a muthafugga. One leads to the other and back again. No order, just eats and drinks.

My surefire hangover cure of a greasy breakfast gets the job done every time. What rounds out a meal like nothing else? Well, you get the idea.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

The worst thing is, spending hours cooking, and having no appetite when it is done.
like tears in rain

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Savage wrote:The worst thing is, spending hours cooking, and having no appetite when it is done.
Totally happened to me.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

I am guilty of skipping dinner for booze instead. But if skipping dinner for booze is wrong, I dont want to be right.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

Negromancer
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Negromancer »

Too poor to smoke. Too poor to stock up (well, at least the first is true). But when I have scotch or something it may happen, and I enjoy it. But thing is, that when I'm in this kind of mood I also would like to bite into something good for my stomach. A bowl of stew or something.

...Or wait a minute. I DO recall this happening on occasion, but I feel it's not something that happens no more. for some reason.
"The best drink of the day, was the drink he had in his head before the first drink of the day."

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Mr Boozificator wrote:
Savage wrote:The worst thing is, spending hours cooking, and having no appetite when it is done.
Totally happened to me.
Totally? Oh yeah, I saw what you did there.
like tears in rain

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

Yes, but as a student it's more of an "okay, I went to one class, and that was hard work since I was hungover already, so I'm entitled to start drinking at 11am and not worry about the rest of the day."

Of course, this can lead to blind drunk late night cooking, which in turn leads to smoke alarms going off.