MDM Con. 2014, a proposal based on recent events...

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Re: MDM Con. 2014, a proposal based on recent events...

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Palinka wrote:
Mother Grinch wrote:Has anyone booked their hotel yet? I'm getting ready to book, just want to be sure this shit is going to happen. :)
We haven't even agreed on dates!?! Seriously, I have repeatedly pleaded, cajoled and begged for people to offer some of their time to making this happen and out of all of you, only "Patchez", "Resident Asshole", "mistah willies"and "l..." (as in Liz) have actually given any help (may the gods of booze bless and keep them (plentifully supplied with booze)), sending out ebuckets of emails and actual letters, trying to get an itinerary together (I will post a "beta-stage" draft a bit later today, when I have more time, hopefully), trying to see who and what we can get in the way of entertainments and trying to run ideas past FKR (who will not be organising this Con. He has said that he will help sponsor it but the days of the "Official MDM Con." are over.
So, before we start booking hotels, once again I will ask, "Who can spare some time to take on one or more specific task? Any time that anyone can offer, will be greatly appreciated but please don't say that you will do something unless you are certain that you can complete the job."
As I said, I shall put a "beta-stage" draft of the proposed itinerary (later, when I have time), so that it can be discussed and alterations can be made.
I shall also put up a list of tasks and put by each task a date by which that task must be completed. There will undoubtedly be additions to the list of tasks.
So again I ask, not who may or may not be "in" but the question that I started this thread with, "Who can offer some time in order to make this happen?"
I am obviously willing to help, but I won't be able to attend the con itself: the professional and family events are leaving me stuck here for at least a year and there is not one day without things worsening lately (I've recently discovered that I'll be on duty for new year's eve and possibly Christmas). If there are things that I can do from home I'll be happy to help though.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

l...
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by l... »

tell me what you would like for me to do. pm me. :)
That's what I call Drunkard justice. I hate prisses like that. They're mincing their way through life when they should be marching. ~fkr.

I wish i could find me a woman who drinks!~ruiner..on lack of women drinkers.

Mother Goose
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mother Goose »

I can help after the first of the year but until then work has me completely buried. I thought Memorial Day weekend was already set . . .just let me know how we can help.

"DC is a toilet. And it needs a good flush." ~ Weatherman

Drunkard Chat bot sez: fiyah: i'm picturing wasabi oozing out of her parents, and im at a good pace if you have to do this cheap as fuck. but drunkards need to unite

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Dear Mr. P, party planning is a bitch. I know: I retired from such many years ago, bearing battle wounds but no medals. I dread the thought of a 3,000 mile trip, but how can I resist a ten-year reunion? (Even though so many ((dear departed)) cannot attend) Barring apocalyptic happenings, I'll be there, drugged to the gills if necessary, with the Master Gunns in charge.
like tears in rain

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

First off we need to agree on the location, if anyone has a different proposal from Rochester, NY, please post your suggestion with details off your reasoning.

If we are going to Rochester, NY, then some solid information from a Modern Drunkardist "on the ground", so to speak". Therefore, would someone please contact "Unkle Lemmy" and get him to start posting again, please.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

slushfund
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by slushfund »

I have a small motel and restaurant in western Mass. Both are currently closed, but should be open by next April at the latest. 25 rooms, built in the 60's, with décor to match. Plus a 4 bedroom house 7 minutes away. I'm sure my cat will be ok with drunks for the weekend.

l...
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by l... »

I mailed lemmy twice. I can't believe he hasn't gotten back to you yet.
That's what I call Drunkard justice. I hate prisses like that. They're mincing their way through life when they should be marching. ~fkr.

l...
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by l... »

just wrote him again. (lemmy)

treetop
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by treetop »

slushfund wrote:I have a small motel and restaurant in western Mass. Both are currently closed, but should be open by next April at the latest. 25 rooms, built in the 60's, with décor to match. Plus a 4 bedroom house 7 minutes away. I'm sure my cat will be ok with drunks for the weekend.
this sounds quite intriguing.
a private location can help to minimize casualties.
it's all good in the woods, nobody hears me when i scream.

slushfund

Post by slushfund »

I forgot, there's also a 3 bedroom house on the motel property. And a river across the road. And a 6 hole golf course. And a swimming pool. And tennis courts with really big cracks running thru them.

In the restaurant, there's 3 drinking areas, a stage, and a PA.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

What are the local airport facilities like, for the Euro Modern Drunkardist, messire?
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ドロンケン
ImageImage

treetop

Post by treetop »

depending on where in western mass, you'll either be flying into logan (boston) or bradley (hartford/springfield).
it's all good in the woods, nobody hears me when i scream.

slushfund

Post by slushfund »

Palinka wrote:What are the local airport facilities like, for the Euro Modern Drunkardist, messire?
Hartford/Springfield, aka Bradley, is about a 90 minute drive. Boston, aka Logan, is a bit longer, maybe 2.5 hours.

I would offer the rooms at the minimum price. I don't know if the state has a minimum price. If not, that would be $0.

I would have to charge for booze at the bar, although reduced prices may be possible.

The restaurant is pretty big, about 3700 sq feet of drinking area, seats about 100.

slushfund

Post by slushfund »

The golf course is a bit of a joke. Short holes, 75 - 175 yards. At least one of the greens reminds me of the Volcano hole at a miniature golf course (that is, not flat). We do provide all equipment.

Several great micro-brewers nearby, BBC and Lefty's.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

OK. This is beginning to sound like a plan.

I know that we'd all like to go to Rochester, NY, and pay our respects but, frankly, trying to organise a bunch of Drunkardists is akin to herding cats.

If we have someone who has a place, with booze, and is prepared to put up with our shit, I say, go for it.
ドロンケン
ImageImage