To what and/or whom are you toasting, tonight?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

bluebottle
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: What are you drinking to tonight?

Post by bluebottle »

I am drinking to the very fact that I have a big fresh, gleaming bottle of voddie in front of me - not the usual bottom shelf stuff but an actual well formed glass bottle of decent silent spirit. A big one, with broad shoulders, looks like a linebacker to me, a 350 ml bottle of formidable stuff. Its called Svedka, from Sveden. I am drinking it plain, from a glass no less, in a room with carpet and heat. At least for tonight, I am not pulling from a plastic pint of Taaka beneath a bridge or tree, staving off the rain with tarps or boughs. All this glory for washing dishes for eight hours! Blessed be!

Brewster
Souse
Souse

Post by Brewster »

I am currently drinking a Genesee 12 Horse Ale because I love the chubby little beer barrel bottles and a classic Old Grandad 100 Proof Bourbon on the rocks. Any questions?

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Post by beerkegbilly »

bombay sapphire I'm thinking of going on vodka and gin kick for a bit

bluebottle
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by bluebottle »

Brewster wrote: Genesee 12 Horse Ale because I love the chubby little beer barrel bottles
Anything called 12 Horse Ale sounds good to me! I know Genesee makes cream ale, is 12 Horse more strong?

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

bluebottle wrote: Anything called 12 Horse Ale sounds good to me! I know Genesee makes cream ale, is 12 Horse more strong?

I enjoy their cream ale quite a bit. The 12 horse sounds good. So, now I'm drinking to the hunt for new beer.
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595

Brewster
Souse
Souse

Post by Brewster »

If you have a Rite Aid near you then I would look there as that is where I get the 12 Horse. It's currently also $5.99 a 12 which is also nice.

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

Brewster wrote:If you have a Rite Aid near you then I would look there as that is where I get the 12 Horse. It's currently also $5.99 a 12 which is also nice.

Sweet Lord! $5.99 a 12?! I don't have a Rite Aid near me but I'm about to pull up Google Maps to find the nearest one. At tat price it's damned near worth the gas money.
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

I'm pouring the last glass of wine and toasting a fine weekend put behind me. No trips to the ER, no deer hit by car, and new beer on tap at the bar. It's been been pretty good so far. Now it's time to finish my drink and shuffle off to bed.

cheers

-Bluto

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

Last night was gin and sprite. This morning was said gin and sprite with a splash of orange juice to get me to a functional state of mind. After work, it will be gin on the rocks...possibly with a squeeze of lime, but that is yet to be determined.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

To good times with good friends with neither a moment nor a drop wasted.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Post by beerkegbilly »

vodka / bloody Mary's with vodka chasers

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Beer and white russians to the russian passed out on my couch at 11:30 p.m. again
Drink!

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

Hoping that Missus Bluto has a successful surgery tomorrow. Having a splash of vodka and trying to sleep.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Bluto wrote:Hoping that Missus Bluto has a successful surgery tomorrow. Having a splash of vodka and trying to sleep.
I hope nothing to severe? A shot to mademoiselle bluto.
Drink!

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

to people making their minds up and sticking to it
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best