To what and/or whom are you toasting, tonight?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar

Lush City
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: To what and/or whom are you toasting, tonight?

Post by Lush City » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:57 pm

oettinger wrote:
Tarcek wrote:Last night, while i was quite drunk, i got it into my head to try and get free booze by mass-emailing distilleries in my area. They got back to me, and were some of the NICEST people i've ever corresponded with. They thought i was having trouble finding their products in my local liquor stores, and offered to get in contact with them and sort out whatever was wrong. Now i feel bad.

So... um, here's to them! I drink for their forgiveness and would buy them a drink had i met them in person.
To that very creative drunk!

Edit: I should email my vodka company and complain that their stuff isn`t getting me drunk enough and ask for a higher proof version personalized on my special needs.
Just drink more of it. Why cause a fuss?
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by oettinger » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:15 am

Lush City wrote:
oettinger wrote:
Tarcek wrote:Last night, while i was quite drunk, i got it into my head to try and get free booze by mass-emailing distilleries in my area. They got back to me, and were some of the NICEST people i've ever corresponded with. They thought i was having trouble finding their products in my local liquor stores, and offered to get in contact with them and sort out whatever was wrong. Now i feel bad.

So... um, here's to them! I drink for their forgiveness and would buy them a drink had i met them in person.
To that very creative drunk!

Edit: I should email my vodka company and complain that their stuff isn`t getting me drunk enough and ask for a higher proof version personalized on my special needs.
Just drink more of it. Why cause a fuss?
You`re right, what a dumbass I am... Cheers!
I do not remember posting that ^^^

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:49 pm

A shot of rum and a glass full of beer to my friend Patchez. A belated happy beerthday to you, Sir!

cheers

-Bluto
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595

brandonman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by brandonman » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:53 pm

I'm toasting to a woman who has been my best friend for quite a while now. Turned out, that after a very crazy turn of events, the intense feelings I had for her were mutual. We're going out hiking with her dog, and stopping for a picnic she's preparing with a bottle of wine she made, on Sunday. Everything about us lines up (except for her having in the past said she would never consider a younger guy. She told me that "you're good looking enough to more than make up for it :P") Toast to us, because I sure am. She's everything I've ever wanted in a girl, and is wife material. And isn't crazy, unlike the previous fiasco.

CHEERS!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

Gall4185
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Gall4185 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:04 pm

Tonight it seems I'm toasting my return here,and to those I've discovered passed in my absence

Lush City
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Lush City » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:46 pm

I'm toasting the coming demise of Hillary Clinton.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

hossthomas
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by hossthomas » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:03 am

I'm toasting to the fact that I'm trying to get a job at a local beer brewery. I have all the qualifications, but it's a popularity contest where if you don't fit the little local clique that hangs out in the tap room you're probably shit out of luck.

Why am I toasting? Because fuck those guys, I'm raising a glass to those who truly appreciate a good pint and the effort that goes into getting it into your glass. Cheers you fuckers.
into each life a little stroh's must fall - surreal

i told my landlord and all the other tenants they could fuck off if they don't like hank- hellbound glory

Patchez
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Patchez » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:28 am

Bluto wrote:A shot of rum and a glass full of beer to my friend Patchez. A belated happy beerthday to you, Sir!

cheers

-Bluto
Can't like it but Cheers good Sir.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Patchez
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Patchez » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:32 am

hossthomas wrote:I'm toasting to the fact that I'm trying to get a job at a local beer brewery. I have all the qualifications, but it's a popularity contest where if you don't fit the little local clique that hangs out in the tap room you're probably shit out of luck.

Why am I toasting? Because fuck those guys, I'm raising a glass to those who truly appreciate a good pint and the effort that goes into getting it into your glass. Cheers you fuckers.
If the brewery is worth a shit they'll hire by skill and passion. Heres to you getting the gig!
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by oettinger » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:25 am

Patchez wrote:
hossthomas wrote:I'm toasting to the fact that I'm trying to get a job at a local beer brewery. I have all the qualifications, but it's a popularity contest where if you don't fit the little local clique that hangs out in the tap room you're probably shit out of luck.

If the brewery is worth a shit they'll hire by skill and passion. Heres to you getting the gig!
Drunkenly concur

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:27 pm

to savage, a glass of "champagne"
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Lush City
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Lush City » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:18 am

I'm toasting to the fact I'm able to toast to anything I damn well please while living on retirement funds. They haven't captured me yet but they will make sure I'm stripped penniless before I die.

oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by oettinger » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:19 am

Lush City wrote:I'm toasting to the fact I'm able to toast to anything I damn well please while living on retirement funds. They haven't captured me yet but they will make sure I'm stripped penniless before I die.
So make sure then to drink yourself bare naked before they come for you.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:09 am

It's still the night (blackout curtains *ahem* black sails hoisted over the windows) and here's a toasst to you Modern Drunkard summina bastidges. Keep the faith!

Cheers to Bacchus, long may he make it rain booze

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto » Tue May 03, 2016 6:26 pm

Raising a few glasses for my friend Thonen.
He was involved in a head on collision with a semi yesterday. He's lived to tell about it so far and I'm drinking to recovery.
The 2 bars I've been to so far don't serve Busch Light but when I find one that does I'll be drinking the whole damn thing for him.
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595