Boozy Phone Apps

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Location: On the border of Pineys Everywhere and Gaudy Summer Homes. Not far from Ghetto in the Woods.

Boozy Phone Apps

Post by Rip Rufus »

These here fancy phones are useful! I have an app called Brew Gene that tracks all the beers I've tried and rated. It's cool. But does anyone know if there's a similar app for tracking booze? Specifically bourbon?
"You know, you remind me of a poem I can't remember, and a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." - A.J.S.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Boozy Phone Apps

Post by Patchez »

For beer I started with Brewster. Pretty much like the one recommended by Shane's or Bluto, Untappd. The one bonus I find with Brewster is the ability to scan barcodes to find your beer. Makes life easy when drinking. Untapped however does have some people from here on it so it is more social for me. The Brewster was more or less a journal for my own use. I

I haven't looked into Brew Gene as yet.

On the liquor side I just found Liquor Free version. Again I chose this one because of the barcode scan ability. Still haven't played with it much but I'm on as Patchez though I don't think there is a friend or buddy list.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

The only app I need for bourbon is my mouth.
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Bluto wrote:The only app I need for bourbon is my mouth.
You win this thread.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

Patchez wrote:On the liquor side I just found Liquor Free version. Again I chose this one because of the barcode scan ability. Still haven't played with it much but I'm on as Patchez though I don't think there is a friend or buddy list.
So are you going to ask the bartender to let you see the liquor bottle every time they pour you something? That's not likely to happen in a lot of places I've visited. I am getting a "smart" phone in a few months though so I'm curious.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

I hadn't thought of that RA. I just find it convenient with the Brewster app especially when 3/4 of the way through a sampling session. Three or four of us get together every few weeks and we all bring new to us sampler cases. We then well sample. I just don't want to be bothered typing in a beer name. i figured it would just be easier when at home to have the same option for liquor. Though when trying different scotches and bourbons at my favorite whiskey bar, I may just have to ask the bartender to see the bottle. As long as it's a slow night.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Resident Asshole wrote:...I am getting a "smart" phone in a few months though so I'm curious.
It would seem that the advances in technology in Smart 'Phones and Tablets wil soon make the PC as obsolete as an 8-track. An interesting thought but is it necessarily true? Discuss...
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Resident Asshole

Post by Resident Asshole »

Personally I like a real keyboard for typing, for making music and for video editing. So far the tablets have neither the ergonomics nor the power to do video editing. Also, if you are designing something for viewing on TV or the big screen you don't want a tablet screen whilst editing. Just my 2 cents.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

Negromancer
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Negromancer »

In the beginning I was reluctant to have a phone smarter than I am, but now I've bit the bullet.
I want a booze (beer) app, but this discussion just made me dizzy. Which is hands down the best app with the least ads?

Palinka wrote:
Resident Asshole wrote:the PC as obsolete as an 8-track.
By "obsolete as an 8-track", surely you mean "worshipped by hipsters" and "the preferred medium of the future Neo-Old School Black Metal scene"?
"The best drink of the day, was the drink he had in his head before the first drink of the day."

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Untappd seems to be the choice. Bluto, shane's and Drunkard Pirate as well as myself are on there.

See this thread.http://www.drunkard.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=66387

Hardcore Stig
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Hardcore Stig »

I'm floating round untapped too.

It has achievements, I can achieve through drinking!
"That's only a problem if you stop drinking"

"Nationality? I'm a drunkard, and that makes me a man of the world"

"The word "pub" should never need to be followed by the word "why""

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

No ads in untappd. PM your username and I'll add you to my list. I've found all kinds of beer to seek out by using it.
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595