The Drunken Skype Thread

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: The Drunken Skype Thread

Post by Badfellow »

And now, your words of Diva wisdom for the day.
DivaBitch wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:31 pm
i had a cat once namd it corny beuse it was yelow. he was a sweat cat and cute but i just gave him reglar water. i dont think suger water is good for cats
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Night over at the skype bar, who`s with us?
Drink!

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

Last edited by shawnonious on Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

Last edited by shawnonious on Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

brandonman wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:14 pm
Also, the filipino girl who works at my favorite bar down the street noticed this a few weeks ago. It just recently started happening. Occasionally (not every time), when I get a couple drinks in, my face will go beat flush red for a while. She said she's only ever seen other asians do that before. What gives? Was I drinking something I had slight allergies to?
Brandon, what have you been drinkink? Botanicals, Quinine; sulfates from wine and any juice-based booze. Tey switching to rum and or vodka and see what happens. Honestly, your best bet is vodka.
DRINK!

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

Last edited by shawnonious on Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

brandonman wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:37 pm
I normally drink a beer from southern IL called Stag, whiskey, or gin and tonics. I THINK that this flushness came when I started having a lot of rum and cokes or vodskis (vodka and ski - a citrus soda from southern IL). I never drink soda otherwise. I think it's my body taking up alcohol like usual, then getting a sugar rush from the soda. I don't think I've seen it happen on a strictly beer night. I've never seen it happen in the rare cases I drink an appreciable amount of soda on its own, either, though. Must be the combination of liquor with the soda. It eventually fades. It's around the 2-5 drink mark, when it happens.
Rosacea cannot be caused by Vodka. switch to Vodka.
DRINK!

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

Im drinking at a bar where the bartender is an "expert" in this. Skype me at dear.booze. This will be fun.
Last edited by Dear Booze on Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
DRINK!

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Dear Booze wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:57 pm
brandonman wrote:
I normally drink a beer from southern IL called Stag, whiskey, or gin and tonics. I THINK that this flushness came when I started having a lot of rum and cokes or vodskis (vodka and ski - a citrus soda from southern IL). I never drink soda otherwise. I think it's my body taking up alcohol like usual, then getting a sugar rush from the soda. I don't think I've seen it happen on a strictly beer night. I've never seen it happen in the rare cases I drink an appreciable amount of soda on its own, either, though. Must be the combination of liquor with the soda. It eventually fades. It's around the 2-5 drink mark, when it happens.

Not true. When I was younger my Dad would get red blotches on his face when he drank vodka, so for many years he switched to whiskey because of that. He eventually went back to vodka many years later and discovered it didn't happen anymore and that is still his preferred drink today at the age of 83.

Then, when I was in my 30's, it started to happen to me. Vodka, especially cheap vodka, would cause my face to get red blotches after a few drinks. Certain beers, usually higher end beers like Sam Adams or Double Diamond, would also cause this but it's now been many years since it has happened to me, so like my Dad, I seemed to have outgrown it. Both my Dad and I have always suffered from allergies, so I think it must have been an allergic reaction to grains used in certain vodka brands and beers. Best way around this is to switch liquor brands or start drinking something different.

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

Sammy wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:50 am
Dear Booze wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:57 pm
brandonman wrote:

Not true. When I was younger my Dad would get red blotches on his face when he drank vodka, so for many years he switched to whiskey because of that. He eventually went back to vodka many years later and discovered it didn't happen anymore and that is still his preferred drink today at the age of 83.

Then, when I was in my 30's, it started to happen to me. Vodka, especially cheap vodka, would cause my face to get red blotches after a few drinks. Certain beers, usually higher end beers like Sam Adams or Double Diamond, would also cause this but it's now been many years since it has happened to me, so like my Dad, I seemed to have outgrown it. Both my Dad and I have always suffered from allergies, so I think it must have been an allergic reaction to grains used in certain vodka brands and beers. Best way around this is to switch liquor brands or start drinking something different.
Sammy, you are correct. But neutral spirits will not cause rosacea when consumed without a mixer. Vodka should be a neutral spirit, but is often somewhat flavored. The slight flavor comes from some sort of botanical used in the manufacturing process. That botanical is what is doing it. Yes, cheaper booze will more likely do it to you.

There is also strong evidence that alcohol allergies are triggered by diet. For example, some people get sick if they consume shellfish and drink wine. The chemical reactions are fascinating.
DRINK!

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Mr- Viking, we need to talk.
If you don`t nurse your drinking habit a little bit more I have to conclude you`re s crack-head
Drink!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

My buddy Johan really enjoyed talking to you folks yesterday. He was amazed how nice a bunch of wasted drunks can be. You all made his day! Cheers on that
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Yeah we are pretty fking awesome.
Okole maluna!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie