The Drunken Skype Thread

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: The Drunken Skype Thread

Post by Dear Booze »

Things I learned from today's Skype call:

Gordon Lightfoot wrote a song about Mr Willie's recent window breaking incident.

Rye & Coke has never heard Gordon Lightfoot

Badfellow Stole Old Dirty Bastard's license plate.

As far as comedians go, Hitler was hilarious.

Artful Drunktective has a mean streak.

Oettenger watches The Connors, but preferred it when Rosanne was a part of the cast.

Willies has a collection a flasks in various sizes. They are all full. Also, they are hidden throughout his house.

Willies lives on a staircase.

Rye & Coke lives in a basement like Chuckie Margolis.
DRINK!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

...and Dearbooze googles liquor stores, finds and calls Nausea on his shift. Hilarious
Drink!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

oettinger wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:46 pm
...and Dearbooze googles liquor stores, finds and calls Nausea on his shift. Hilarious
Most unexpected! But pleasantly brightening. You drunktectives, you.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Nausea wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:26 pm
oettinger wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:46 pm
Most unexpected! But pleasantly brightening. You drunktectives, you.
I was literally in tears
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

It was hilarious, indeed. DB was going down the list of all the liquor stores in the area trying to find Nausea and I said "Nah it has to be more ghetto sounding than "Liquor Emporium", it's got to be something like "3rd Street Liquor" and sure as shite it was a numbered street name. We were legit drunktectives, no doubt as we found him after the fourth try.

It was especially funny when Nausea answered the phone and was all skeptical sounding when DB asked for him by name.

On an added note, one drunkard on the call was drinking absinthe, another was sipping Everclear straight from the bottle, another one was drinking Bushmill's while eating a pot brownie (and he doesn't do edibles ever). It was pretty hardcore but a blast to say the least.

Any of you drunkards that want to ever join in the madness, just PM one of us. Especially now with this quarantine B.S. if you want the camaraderie of fellow drunkards without leaving the comfort of home. We welcome the company!
Okole maluna!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Wasn`t Mistah Willies shooting up Kraken or something, it felt like being backstage with Mötley Crüe
Drink!

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:09 am
It was hilarious, indeed. DB was going down the list of all the liquor stores in the area trying to find Nausea and I said "Nah it has to be more ghetto sounding than "Liquor Emporium", it's got to be something like "3rd Street Liquor" and sure as shite it was a numbered street name. We were legit drunktectives, no doubt as we found him after the fourth try.

It was especially funny when Nausea answered the phone and was all skeptical sounding when DB asked for him by name.

On an added note, one drunkard on the call was drinking absinthe, another was sipping Everclear straight from the bottle, another one was drinking Bushmill's while eating a pot brownie (and he doesn't do edibles ever). It was pretty hardcore but a blast to say the least.

Any of you drunkards that want to ever join in the madness, just PM one of us. Especially now with this quarantine B.S. if you want the camaraderie of fellow drunkards without leaving the comfort of home. We welcome the company!
I got a pretty good laugh out of the extended conversations with each of the other liquor store employees who answered their phones.
DRINK!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Dear Booze wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:15 am

I got a pretty good laugh out of the extended conversations with each of the other liquor store employees who answered their phones.
Try it again, different town now
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Dear Booze wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:15 am
Artful Drunktective wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:09 am

Holy shit! I left too soon

Jeebus Crisco, I'd take a prank call from Dear Booze anytime at all.

Wait. Skype doesn't exist. I call BS on such a thing as that.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Drunk Ain't Patty's Day Skype pending. Had the grand skin dogs from 0630 till 2230. Need to drink. Nipped here and there but fuck.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

So we're in lockdown mode here in Commiefornia where all bars and restaurants are now closed. And so, I decided to take advantage of our great virtual pub. Installed Skype on my new laptop and signed in to my old account. Tried to go online but it tells me I got no mic or cam. WTF! The system says they are fine. Can't get any info on Skype website to help me out. I was forced to use MS Edge which I hate. So in disgust I have abandoned the operation because I'm sick of the grief dealing with Skype's shitty support features. This is cutting in to my drinking time! So, if anyone has any suggestions how to troubleshoot send it along and I'll be glad to call you.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Here's something I found that is not on the Skype site, and it deals with the microphone. Maybe this could help? https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/fi ... ws-solved/

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Hugh wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:32 pm
Here's something I found that is not on the Skype site, and it deals with the microphone. Maybe this could help? https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/fi ... ws-solved/
Thanks! Now I know what's wrong. I'm running Spybot Beacon which completely blocks all the setting like this including to insure privacy and stop Win10 from spying on me and sending all this info to 3rd parties. Now I have to figure out if I want to disable it in order to change the settings. I'll think about it over a few more drinks. Maybe tomorrow.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Lush City wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:09 pm
Hugh wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:32 pm
Thanks! Now I know what's wrong. I'm running Spybot Beacon which completely blocks all the setting like this to insure privacy and stop Win10 from spying on me and sending all this info to 3rd parties. Now I have to figure out if I want to disable it in order to change the settings. I'll think about it over a few more drinks. Maybe tomorrow.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Use duct tape on the cam if don`t want windows watching 24/7
Drink!