More bars than grocery stores? where do you live?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

More bars than grocery stores? where do you live?

Post by Bluto »

Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: More bars than grocery stores? where do you live?

Post by Resident Asshole »

I already knew that Wisconsin drinks the most of all states so that part does not surprise me.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

I think that it is a truism of most British cities, towns, villages and hamlets, that there will always be more pubs than "grocery stores" (which have a slightly different meaning over here but for the sake of argument, we will use as the term for places where one goes to buy food stuffs for consumption off the premises). Indeed, in some, small, settlements, they can often be one and the same.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Negromancer
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Negromancer »

Concerning grocery stores I was always a bit surprised to find that up here there is a supermarket every hundred meters. If there isn't, somebody is perfectly happy to persuade somebody to destroy farmland to make up for it. We might have a strict policy on number of drinking establishments, but at least we don't need to walk more than a minute to buy groceries. And we get to choose! Between one of the four major chains that dominate every corner the country.
"The best drink of the day, was the drink he had in his head before the first drink of the day."

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Everything here sells alcoholic beverages, but we also have more bars than grocery stores by far.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

lot more shops than bars anywhere I've lived
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Hmmm...I wonder what their criteria are. I would say that there would be more bars than groceries in most cities, unless they are counting convenience stores and fruit stands and such. What about bakeries?
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

l...
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by l... »

living in miwaukee....i can vouch for more bars. by like one million percent.
That's what I call Drunkard justice. I hate prisses like that. They're mincing their way through life when they should be marching. ~fkr.

I wish i could find me a woman who drinks!~ruiner..on lack of women drinkers.