Merry Christmas you drunks!

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Judge

Re: Merry Christmas.

Post by Judge »

Curious that those little suits seem to be about the same size as the little sweaters that Makers Mark sent out a few Christmas' ago to cover their bourbon bottles. I suspect the penguins are using them to hide the booze they have pilfered from the unsuspecting South Koreans. Most likely stolen from a Kareoke bar when SK's most famous Elvis impersonator was doing a rousing rendition of Brue Chrismas.

The man herding them to the docks to an awaiting frieghter is obviously another young unmarried wanna be immigrant that Savage has duped into thinking he can marry her daughter if he assists in getting her penguin operatives back to Southern California where they can deliver their ill gotten bottles of bourbon. Unfortunately for him and others before him, Grumpy will be waiting for him at the dock and explain to him in only the way a Marine can that he needs to go back to South Korea...if he knows what's good for him.
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

And I hope that you all get to celebrate The 12 Days of Christmas (in a Scottish stylie!)
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Re: Love To Know How You Celebrate Christmas and Hannukkah

Post by Bluto »

I spend the holiday with family, as much as possible. try to recreate some of the food my grandmother used to make. I spent this afternoon making batches of knepf (dumplings) that I'll serve to my family after my daughters' piano recital tomorrow afternoon. there will of course be sausage, cabbage, roast beast, braunschweiger, pickled things (in addition to myself), and bourbon sauce with bread pudding.

My boys will be hellions during church services.

Later on I will make pfefferneusse and drink copius amounts of eggnog and spiked tea. On Christmas eve the glass and bootle of wine will passs around and anyone old enough to hold the cup will imbibe. Old Christmas records will be played on an actual an record player not an I-Pod. Dad will get his tradtional Sports Illustrated Swimsuit calendar and there will be much feasting and meryment.
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

I'd love to train penguins to serve martinis. That would be awesome.
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595

General E. Fubar
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by General E. Fubar »

I have been experimenting in time travel since I was approximately 14. At first I was alone on the back porch but as the years went on more and more family members helped me in my experiments, at the end of having anything to do with my family we had managed to take years off our lives.

Lesson learned, always make an offering to Dionysus and pray you don't have to spend any time with someone who actually wants to be there.
"I hope you like Guinness, I find it a refreshing substitute to... food."
- O'Neill

If I stop drinking all at once, I'm afraid the cumulative hangover will kill me.
- Archer

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

In the true spirit of Christmas...

SANTA FIGHT!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHXS0G3ah4M
It's a six Santa , tag team, street battle royale
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by NYDingbat »

Bluto wrote:I spend the holiday with family, as much as possible. try to recreate some of the food my grandmother used to make. I spent this afternoon making batches of knepf (dumplings) that I'll serve to my family after my daughters' piano recital tomorrow afternoon. there will of course be sausage, cabbage, roast beast, braunschweiger, pickled things (in addition to myself), and bourbon sauce with bread pudding.

Later on I will make pfefferneusse and drink copius amounts of eggnog and spiked tea. On Christmas eve the glass and bootle of wine will passs around and anyone old enough to hold the cup will imbibe. Old Christmas records will be played on an actual an record player not an I-Pod. Dad will get his tradtional Sports Illustrated Swimsuit calendar and there will be much feasting and meryment.
Will one of the old Christmas records played on the Victrola be an Andy WIlliams Christmas album?
"I don't start the day. I continue the night."
- mistah willies

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields

Palinka (RIP)

Just in Time for Christmas...

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

...An interview with Shane MacGowan.

Time to put "Fairytale of New York" on, loud, break out the booze and enjoy the words of one of The Greatest Living Drunkardists.

And when you're done with that, read the overview of The Pogues 30 years of making finest kind drunkardist music.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Bluto wrote:braunschweiger
And that`s what again?
Drink!

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

oettinger wrote:
Bluto wrote:braunschweiger
And that`s what again?
It's a German pate' like substance.

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

NYDingbat wrote:
Bluto wrote:I spend the holiday with family, as much as possible. try to recreate some of the food my grandmother used to make. I spent this afternoon making batches of knepf (dumplings) that I'll serve to my family after my daughters' piano recital tomorrow afternoon. there will of course be sausage, cabbage, roast beast, braunschweiger, pickled things (in addition to myself), and bourbon sauce with bread pudding.

Will one of the old Christmas records played on the Victrola be an Andy WIlliams Christmas album?
Ed Ames' Christmas Is The Warmest Time Of The Year is my favorite.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Tonight will be spent at my Dad's place. Being a loveable lush there will be adult beverages along with, my late Grandmother's favorite, mince pie with a good dousing of brandy. Grandma said she wasn't a drinker, but she would hammer down four or five "slices" of mince pie. We will eat steamed shrimp and ham with the trimmings set up buffet style. The ham will be baked to perfection and the shrimp will have been steamed with what seems like a pound of Old Bay per two pounds of shrimp. Then when the kids and grandkids can't seem to sit still for want of opening gifts we'll head to the tree for a few rounds of gift openings.

Tomorrow morning we'll wake up and the wife and I will exchange gifts with the children left under our roof, the other having been issued the night before. Big crockpot breakfast casserole that went on in the wee hours. Then in the evening to my teetotaling , bible-thumping Mother's fo a few gifts and a few hours of guilt tripping the Light Fantastic. All the usual never visting, drinking to much, not going to church ad nauseum.

Then home to more sweet sweet booze to wash all the dirty off.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

A Toast To All Drunkards On Christmas Eve

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

It's Christmas Eve, and somewhere out there in the cosmos, a long-haired dead-and-risen boy-man-saviour may be pleading desperately with his father that he might escape to the pub to celebrate his birthday with his friends tonight and tomorrow. Chances are good that we won't see him, so let's raise our glasses to that person, as well as all the other spirits out there, up there, down there and everywhere else besides.

More importantly perhaps, here's a toast to each and every one of you. After a long day of wrestling with maniacal shoppers, I am now at home and getting acquainted with a bottle of Old Pulteney. I hope that all of you experience a warm and pleasant Christmas, punctuated by numerous visits to the bottle.

Cheers everybody!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: A Toast To All Drunkards On Christmas Eve

Post by Patchez »

Happy Chrismahannakwanzatice to each and everyone!!

Cheers!!
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice