some time off!?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

sloweducation
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

some time off!?

Post by sloweducation »

I love you guys, but me and my wife are taking February off from the hooch. We will be back in March with a vengeance. Right now my dad is very sick (whiskey has finally caught up with him) and we will be doing a lot of traveling and working. I am pretty hammered right now and happy for once in a long while. I love you all, even if my posts happen every couple of months. I will be managing my off time with some weed, and hopefully a couple of lonely nights where I can sneak some booze. See you all in the hollow month of March. Most of all...cheers

treetop
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: some time off!?

Post by treetop »

an hiatus can be a good thing now and again. the weed helps. be well. we'll be here when you get back.
it's all good in the woods, nobody hears me when i scream.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Whist a hiatus can indeed be a good thing (for everyone but me), stopping drinking suddenly, especially if you are a heavy drinker, can be really fucking dangerous. Go see your doctor to get advice first. If your medical plan won't cover that, call A.A. and lie to them, they'll organise some sedatives to get you through and monitor your health. Then when your month is up, just disappear (it is "anonymous", after all - just don't pick the branch that meets opposite your local and lie a lot).
Best wishes,
P.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

We'll be waiting with bells on and shots in hand. My thoughts are with you and yours during this rough time with your Pop.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

Sorry to hear the news about your father. Take the time that you need to do the things you need to do. You've got our support and look forward to your return.

Cheers
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595