Off topic off topic, but?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Off topic off topic, but?

Post by Savage »

Can anyone explain to me why I cannot buy a money order with my debit card, but I can swipe my debit card, receive cash from the clerk, and then use that cash to buy the money order? Because, I'm confused. Oy don ged id. Cashiers, bank tellers, accountants, help me out.
like tears in rain

Judge

Re: Off topic off topic, but?

Post by Judge »

Savage wrote:Can anyone explain to me why I cannot buy a money order with my debit card, but I can swipe my debit card, receive cash from the clerk, and then use that cash to buy the money order? Because, I'm confused. Oy don ged id. Cashiers, bank tellers, accountants, help me out.
Because the clerk's company has to pay a 3% fee on the transaction or they lose their franchise agreement. So you basically paid the vig on the whole gig.
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Oh, and fuck the DMV. Our identity got stolen, so we have to jump through hoops. Money orders? I thought those were as dead as Traveler's Checks.
like tears in rain

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Or as dead as that piece of shit who stole our identity/bank account numbers. I will beat him or her until he or she cries like a hungry baby.
like tears in rain

BigDog49
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by BigDog49 »

Savage wrote:Or as dead as that piece of shit who stole our identity/bank account numbers. I will beat him or her until he or she cries like a hungry baby.
That reminds me, thanks for the brand new FlatScreen!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

BigDog49 wrote:
Savage wrote:Or as dead as that piece of shit who stole our identity/bank account numbers. I will beat him or her until he or she cries like a hungry baby.
That reminds me, thanks for the brand new FlatScreen!
Bless your simple heart. Do not even joke like that. Or I will find a way to remove your liver while you still live.
like tears in rain