Trivia Night at The Pub

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Trivia Night at The Pub

Post by mistah willies »

Smatter Noguts wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:48 pm
Oettinger, Badfellow and Dear Booze;

Do you wonder why people quit the board? Why Bluespook and my friends from MIchigan aren't here?

Please convey your reply in German or some derogatory Alzhiemers riff, 'cause it's clever.
Plenty of room for us all in our MDM community, indeed. Misbehaving miscreants and dignified Drunkards be we.

Thanks to FKR, no DRYs are welcome.

I'll drink to the Editor In Chief and creator of this fine site now.

Cheers.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Smatter Noguts wrote:

Do you wonder why people quit the board? Why Bluespook and my friends from MIchigan aren't here?

Please convey your reply in German or some derogatory Alzhiemers riff, 'cause it's clever.
I accept full responsibility for everybody's fuck-ups and hurt feelings. Is that better?

The drink is raised to you in good tidings, but I'm sorry to disappoint.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Smatter Noguts wrote:

Oh Smatter, I always liked your bloody recipies and positivly tried to talk to you to no avail.
And now this.
Drink!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

There was a lot of good natured ball busting when I was lurking for two or three years before joining Smatter. Hell that was the biggest reason for lurking as long as I did. It seemed like it was such a tight knit group that had a ton of inside jokes. God forbid back then if you posted anything against the grain. The "regulars" would land on the "offender" like the Wrath Of Dionysus.

So many of the incrowd back then seemed smart and witty as Dorothy Parker and her Vicious Circle. Topping that off more than a few of you wrote like writers. Like real writers. For a blue collar shlub like me that was terrifying.

So my question is, how is that any different than the now active gallery of fuck ups?

Minor jibes can be taken as scathing indictments when read. There is no sarcasm or inflection fonts. It's one of the reason's we tend to like Skyping from time to time. To get to really know one another and to see how pissy and sarcastic some of the current Posters act.

I for one would love to see the booze knowledge base that the former board member possessed return. I would also love to see a ball busting anyone can take it just a little, attitude prevail.

I think I've said my piece but I'm shitty right now.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Patchez wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:20 am
There was a lot of good natured ball busting when I was lurking for two or three years before joining Smatter. Hell that was the biggest reason for lurking as long as I did. It seemed like it was such a tight knit group that had a ton of inside jokes. God forbid back then if you posted anything against the grain. The "regulars" would land on the "offender" like the Wrath Of Dionysus.

So many of the incrowd back then seemed smart and witty as Dorothy Parker and her Vicious Circle. Topping that off more than a few of you wrote like writers. Like real writers. For a blue collar shlub like me that was terrifying.

So my question is, how is that any different than the now active gallery of fuck ups?

Minor jibes can be taken as scathing indictments when read. There is no sarcasm or inflection fonts. It's one of the reason's we tend to like Skyping from time to time. To get to really know one another and to see how pissy and sarcastic some of the current Posters act.

I for one would love to see the booze knowledge base that the former board member possessed return. I would also love to see a ball busting anyone can take it just a little, attitude prevail.

Is this part of the trivia?
Drink!

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Patchez wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:20 am

I know this was probably meant to be heartfelt and shit but what the fuck ever
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Alrighty and fuck that jazz. This is booze trivia, not a therapist couch (no, it's not the rapist couch either).

We're having a drink and another question if any of you so drunkenly adept would care to play. Booze nerds united takeover.

We'll make the question worth: whoever get's it right also get's to ask the next question. The category is Drunk Women in Music. Good luck to all.

*What 1980s country western artist stated that Jose Cuervo was a friend of hers?

In the meantime, I will do my best not to dance on the bar or start any fights.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Lushinda Williams. There's a song of her'n that I particularly find consumable, but I'd have to cheat and go online to find the answer to that.

Of course, I'm not on line right now, am I? I'm in the ethylnet. I'm friggin ethylreal being.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

My guess would have been Dolly Parton
Drink!

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

Shelly "Ridin' the Coattails of her Mother" West. Also known in the C&W world as a wanna-be, worthless hack. Her only acheivement was the ability to perform as a part of a number of duets with her mother and husband. Essentially, she was a glorified back-up singer with little (if any) original talent. I had the "honor" of being part of an interview team* that covered her realease of some shitty album in the late 1980's.

*I assisted a photographer by taking notes on who was in each photo in order to properly identify the subjects for publication.
DRINK!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Dear Booze wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:07 am
Shelly "Ridin' the Coattails of her Mother" West. Also known in the C&W world as a wanna-be, worthless hack. Her only acheivement was the ability to perform as a part of a number of duets with her mother and husband. Essentially, she was a glorified back-up singer with little (if any) original talent. I had the "honor" of being part of an interview team* that covered her realease of some shitty album in the late 1980's.

*I assisted a photographer by taking notes on who was in each photo in order to properly identify the subjects for publication.
Did you ever live in Bakersfield? You're the C&W go to guy. Buck Owens would be proud!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

Lush City wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:30 pm
Dear Booze wrote:

Did you ever live in Bakersfield? You're the C&W go to guy. Buck Owens would be proud!
I was born there.
DRINK!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Dear Booze wrote:
that covered her realease from jail

I read that in my mind for whatever reason
Drink!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Yeah, yeah. Shut the fuck up already.
Let's take a look at the answer, shall we?
Dear Booze wrote:
Shelly "Ridin' the Coattails of her Mother" West. Also known in the C&W world as a wanna-be, worthless hack.
Shelly West, worthless C&W hack, is CORRECT!!!

The song Jose Cuervo by Shelly West was immensely popular during the early 80s; my father used to drive me nuts as a kid listening to this very type of shit on the radio. It wasn't until I was 14 that I actually met Jose Cuervo and descimated the toilet with vomit. Ergo: Shelly West = vomit.

No points on that one, smarty britches, but you do have the honor of posing the next booze trivia question.

SCOREBOARD

Damned if we do/Damned if we don't.................. 0

TN@TP will continue.

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

Badfellow wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:02 am
Yeah, yeah. Shut the fuck up already.
Let's take a look at the answer, shall we?
Dear Booze wrote:
Shelly "Ridin' the Coattails of her Mother" West. Also known in the C&W world as a wanna-be, worthless hack.
Shelly West, worthless C&W hack, is CORRECT!!!

The song Jose Cuervo by Shelly West was immensely popular during the early 80s; my father used to drive me nuts as a kid listening to this very type of shit on the radio. It wasn't until I was 14 that I actually met Jose Cuervo and descimated the toilet with vomit. Ergo: Shelly West = vomit.

No points on that one, smarty britches, but you do have the honor of posing the next booze trivia question.

SCOREBOARD

Damned if we do/Damned if we don't.................. 0

TN@TP will continue.
Mr. Wink Bagfellow, sir. i am entirety too drunk to post anything. Can you please post for me? Pour favor.
DRINK!