I know this is a big NO NO NO...

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

I know this is a big NO NO NO...

Post by Miklo »

....and we dont talk about health issues, but I got to ask.

I get regular check ups, ie blood draws to check the status of my liver, and keep him in line with copious amounts of booze. Long story short, everything is good except my uric acid. From research, I should have, or will have soon, gout by my current acid levels. Does anyone have experiance with this demon gout? It sounds bad, and I am not a big fan of meds or changing my diet... well I could change anything except my beloved whiskey. I am maninly asking, if you have it, how bad does alcohol actually affect it? What do you do to regulate it?

EDIT: Fucking google pictures of this shit is FUCKING nasty.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: I know this is a big NO NO NO...

Post by oettinger »

Miklo wrote:What do you do to regulate it?
Nothing really. A quick research says coffee helps. I drink a lot of it. Well and diets, you are right, fucking ewww! But lots of meat and fish help wikipedia says. That doesn`t sound that horrible.
But why didn`t they tell you what to do exactly? Of course immediately tell them to skip that less drinking part when they start talking
Drink!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I`m no doctor though, but someday will sneak into a hospital put on some scrubs and order everyone to drink alot and all their ailments will be fine
Drink!

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Start taking a Strong Vitamin B Compound, 2 - 3 times a day (with meals), and eat lots of liver (paté counts) and oily fish. That should put it off.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Not to be used as a preventative, but rather a more immediate remedy for acute onset.

Two tablespoons of raw (it has to be raw) apple cider vinegar daily will aid in the dissolving of the crystalline buildup responsible for causing acute pain in the affected joint or joints. Discontinue once symptoms have abated. Do not exceed one week.

I'm not a doctor either and I couldn't tell you the science behind it. But I can tell you it works. You should notice at least some difference within 1-2 days.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Badfellow wrote:vinegar
I use it to free the drain, stuff is nasty. Coke and baking powder/mentos work also but not in this case.
The eating liver stuff Palinka posted indeed is very healthy for your liver, better then anything else btw. Some B Vitamins (I think they are Bs) that are good for you are contained in magnitude in livers of other mammals. Only problem is, toxins eaten by said mammal are accumulated in them as well. Same goes for fish.
So, never eat wale, allegedly tastes like nothing and end of the foodchain stuff is always full of heavy metall and what else Radio Active Sea Man has to offer.
Drink!

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

I've had it. I've used several things to combat it. (It could all be shickzosemitic, though...)
In a pinch: lots of water and vitamin c.
Eat blueberries and strawberries at signs of an onset. Several servings a day.
Here's the witchery: celery seed ground up in capsules (or extract, I hear.)

I've read about the apple vinegar, but never tried it. I've also read about soaking the afflicted area in it, but have never tried that.
I've also been told taht it will help treat the GERD, but I take drugs for that.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by NYDingbat »

frankennietzsche wrote:I've read about the apple vinegar, but never tried it. I've also read about soaking the afflicted area in it, but have never tried that.
I've also been told taht it will help treat the GERD, but I take drugs for that.
Vinegar indeed helps with some GERD - depends on why you have it. Your gut basically has a thermostat for acidity - once it reaches that level, your stomach stops producing acid - hence, downing some vinegar - and yes, preferably the apple cider kind with "the mother" - does provide some people with relief - sounds contradictory, I know. NOTE: If you're gonna do the apple cider vinegar and his mom - you'll want to dilute it with water and you can add some raw honey for further health benefits and to mellow the taste. For hell's sake, however ya fix it, drink it through a straw so as not to erase your tooth enamel.
"I don't start the day. I continue the night."
- mistah willies

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

I have noticed that sauerkraut helps. Same principle, I reckon.
With the GERD.

Not the gout.

You know what doesn't help with gout? Devilled ham. Sweet, delicious Underwood Deviled Ham...I hear your siren's call, but I shall not heed it for I would limp for a week... woe unto me...
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Gerd?

Anitdote is some NERD!

Surreal
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Surreal »

Does anyone have experiance with this demon gout? - Not yet. [knocks on wood]

It sounds bad, and I am not a big fan of meds or changing my diet... well I could change anything except my beloved whiskey. I am maninly asking, if you have it, how bad does alcohol actually affect it? - First we must look at causes. It flares do to increased urate crystals accumulating in a joint space. Urate crystals are formed from high levels of uric acid in your blood. Your body produces uric acid when it breaks down purines, which is a substance naturally found in your body as well as in certain foods, such as organ meats, anchovies, herring, asparagus and mushrooms.

What do you do to regulate it? - quit putting anchovies, asparagus in your bloody mary and stop ordering the meat lovers special with 'shrooms from Dominoes.

Rx? - drink 6 martini's, chase it with a side of Jamesons. Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Nurse, call the next patient.
fuck em man, it ain't easy walkin the righteous path.
- Hoss

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Surreal wrote:...Nurse, call the next patient.
Does this mean that I can start giving legal advice?
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Surreal
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Surreal »

Whoops.

Scratch that.

Apparently alcohol limits the speed in which your body eliminates uric acid.

You're fucked.

Nurse, call the next patient.

ps - Palinka - if they'll let me give it, they'll let anyone.
fuck em man, it ain't easy walkin the righteous path.
- Hoss

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Pabst Blue Ribbon cured my gout.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

Surreal wrote: Rx? - drink 6 martini's, chase it with a side of Jamesons. Lather, Rinse, Repeat.
Thanks Doc...will start immediantly.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs