Sunday

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Palinka (RIP)

Re: Sunday

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

"There's nothing to do on bloody Sunday!" (by Stiff Little Fingers).
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Palinka wrote:"There's nothing to do on bloody Sunday!" (by Stiff Little Fingers).
Great punk song, Dr. P.

Images are from the Troubles, for the uninitiated who might not know.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

^ ^ ^

Amen.

Sunday is yet another day for our church. Drinkuality is our single religion.

The pub is our church.

The bar is our altar.

The list is our missive.

The prayer is our cheer.

We speak many languages,

but it all comes down to

DRINK!

Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

mistah willies wrote:
booznik wrote:I accuse you of searching randomly on kraken, but it appears to have produced results!
Now about the random search: i prefer to call ye correckyness this: Surfing for the perfect, tiny hidden treasure. Do ya ken, the impetus for a creative spark occurs within the course lined by a drunken helmsman, with the rudder untied, or fully tied-on, as the case may be.
Indeed, and somewhat flat my jest did fall, for the intent of my imperious accusation was to make fun of using youtube for the very thing youtube is for...

And doing exactly what I do...

Your poetic piratey defense was quite ARRsome.

I accuse you, as well, of drinking! On a forum for drunkards! THE NERVE, SIR.

These and 9,000 other charges will be taken into consideration when you are arraigned in the Chasist Criminal Kangaroo Court, 1 Courthouse Drive, The Chasist, NBR.

Don't worry, I've been hauled there myself. The criminal kangroo they hired as the judge can't even operate the gavel, so they always let you off on procedural grounds.

"J'accuse! J'accuse!"
"Who is this Jack Hughes?"
--'Allo! 'Allo!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

mistah willies wrote:^ ^ ^

Amen.

Sunday is yet another day for our church. Drinkuality is our single religion.

The pub is our church.

The bar is our altar.

The list is our missive.

The prayer is our cheer.

We speak many languages,

but it all comes down to

DRINK!

Well, that all is well known. Why not pay homage first then go for brunch with the minister and his wife? It's all good and even better when made to feel holy. But that's just my opinion and an extended excuse to get shitfaced.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

There is nothing more glorious than watching sunrise on a sunday, drunk like an aircraft-carrier, cheap beer in hand, smoke and listening to the beautiful sound of an oboe
Drink!

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

oettinger wrote:There is nothing more glorious than watching sunrise on a sunday, drunk like an aircraft-carrier, cheap beer in hand, smoke and listening to the beautiful sound of an oboe
These moments Ethyl grants us, free for the taking...

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

booznik wrote:
Palinka wrote:
Lush City wrote:And a big ass 3 day bender...
Three days does not a bender make. Know thine Drunkardist Terminology*.

*And whom better to explain it, than the master of the bender. Bow and give thanks for the mighty one who walks softly by the side of we Modern Drunkardists and give thanks, with every glass, that he fights for Booze, Endrunkendom and the Modern Drunkardist Way!
The Lost Art of the Bender article was brought up in that comments thread, but it wasn't mentioned that it defines a bender as a minimum of 3 days. However, there are always internal conflicts in doctrine, and I am happy to accept the wisdom of those elders who fight for Booze, Endrunkendom and the Modern Drunkardist Way. In fact, always liked this handy guide within that thread.
Dman fine links, worthy of the swarthy, hail Drunkard to imbibe with his/her eyes.

Reading, for when the vcr taoes have lost their magnetic ability to release their photons

or the glue has released them lead particles form the celophane

I digress

Awakeneing every three or four hours since Friday morning'f first belly burn of me 3 bottles of Kraken and three 30 packs of chepa beer has left me THristy.

GOnna have to go out into the sunlight, like a vampire what shuns it

THis means, after another few hours of sleep, that I may have to make meslef presentable

I mena, hello there you damned Drunkards.

SUnday! As oettinger said, nothing like wathcing the Sun arise yet again. Starts with the deep vlue.

Oboes make me think of that one song Bruebeck

Anyways,

wait, there was a n image of smoked trout in one of these past pages.

YES.

Mainah lox, eihtout the capers, for i save me fruit for bleu chees olives now

SGO back to bed
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

sunday is my favourite day. Fuzzy head from hangover, cooked breakfast, roast dinner, nibbles throughout the day. Acceptance that pre lunch drinking is alright or even necessary. I am drinking cheap white wine that I put in the fridge last night and laying out my pallet shed in the garden, struggling with whether to build brick piers or whether to lay on top of the paving already down albeit wonky and weedy. Tending towards the slabs with shims to level the floor as they're already concreted down. And easier
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Pilings? Nah.

Short of ripping up the old ones, shims and then a bag of quick-rete a sqaure at a time will save trouble.

Look at it this way: New surface will be higher. A small trip and a bit of a stumbling with drink in hand from a couple inches higher than before,

versus a busted shin from a decimeter or two piling-raise?

As for the likes of this man, time for a shower beer, then a ride to the corner store to restock with gin and rum.

and beer, of course.

Then a bit of cleaning. Them ladies be returning from New York state in another ten hours. gotta make meself pre-smellable

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Avast, yon Sundays...

I seem to have eliminated much whisky last night. And burned some candles for a worthy cause.

My drunken Sundayists are going about their tasks. Mayhaps there are words within me? They require coaxing out. I must visit the liquor cabinet again for inspiration.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

booznik wrote:Avast, yon Sundays...

I seem to have eliminated much whisky last night. And burned some candles for a worthy cause.

My drunken Sundayists are going about their tasks. Mayhaps there are words within me? They require coaxing out. I must visit the liquor cabinet again for inspiration.

If ye have a taste of the Buffalo Trace, I'll be right over. You do have fiber optical connection, yes? It's takes a bit to print me out 3D

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

mistah willies wrote: If ye have a taste of the Buffalo Trace, I'll be right over. You do have fiber optical connection, yes? It's takes a bit to print me out 3D
Let's see, inventory time. Echo echo echo... there's a bit more room in this cabinet as of late.

Outta bourbon entirely. I seem to be left with a handle of mid-shelf gin, several Scotch varieties, that Ransom gin Mr. Badfellow turned me onto, plenty of mezcal (never without, of course), and enough brandy to float an oettinger who's drunk as an aircraft carrier by the dawn's early light, Oboe edition.

Angostura bitters, which I will sometimes do in a pony shot as a bracing pick-me-up because I'm eccentric, though it can stain one's lips.

A suitable number of beers in the fridge. Can't be bothered to go anywhere this fine Sunday, so I think I'll stay in.

And...

A curious bottle of Frankfortian Canadian whisky which started full, and is now damaged, listing to port side, and taking on water. Decision made, bottle in distress. The crew shall be relieved of their duties first thing, this Sunday.

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

So... a fruit fly just landed on that maple leaf lid, and started helping itself to the drops around the glass rim.

That stuff's 40% little buddy, better take it easy.

I just saw it swoop about crazily, but they often do that, so I'm not sure if it was the alcohol.

Too funny.