Sunday

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Palinka (RIP)

Re: Sunday

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Lush City wrote:And a big ass 3 day bender...
Three days does not a bender make. Know thine Drunkardist Terminology*.

*And whom better to explain it, than the master of the bender. Bow and give thanks for the mighty one who walks softly by the side of we Modern Drunkardists and give thanks, with every glass, that he fights for Booze, Endrunkendom and the Modern Drunkardist Way!
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Palinka wrote:
Lush City wrote:And a big ass 3 day bender...
Three days does not a bender make. Know thine Drunkardist Terminology*.

*And whom better to explain it, than the master of the bender. Bow and give thanks for the mighty one who walks softly by the side of we Modern Drunkardists and give thanks, with every glass, that he fights for Booze, Endrunkendom and the Modern Drunkardist Way!
The Lost Art of the Bender article was brought up in that comments thread, but it wasn't mentioned that it defines a bender as a minimum of 3 days. However, there are always internal conflicts in doctrine, and I am happy to accept the wisdom of those elders who fight for Booze, Endrunkendom and the Modern Drunkardist Way. In fact, always liked this handy guide within that thread.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

booznik wrote:...In fact, always liked this handy guide within that thread.
Indeed, the gentleman in question, Ozz, also has a link to an interesting post within his "Signature".
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Yes, a bender must be defined, most certainly. Perhaps depth and gravity contribute, beyond temporal displacement?

Sunday gawblessit. Just another day for moar draaaanking

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

mistah willies wrote:Just another day for moar draaaanking
Indeed, and it doesn't count if you spell it correctly. We're speaking Drunk, not English!

There is one exemption in place...

DRINK!

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Yes, another happily buzzed Sunday. Cheers all!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Coin toss... the what are you listening to thread or the Sunday thread. Sunday won.

Louisiana Sunday Afternoon

I do enjoy a serving of spicy culture melting-pot.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

well, I drank, did some shopping, got halfway to fixing the gears on my bike and drank some more, cooked a gammon (making a ham), then smoked a cigar.Throw in a few drunk dials and I think this was a productive sunday. All praise be to almighty Ra
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Mr. Viking wrote:well, I drank, did some shopping, got halfway to fixing the gears on my bike and drank some more, cooked a gammon (making a ham), then smoked a cigar.Throw in a few drunk dials and I think this was a productive sunday. All praise be to almighty Ra
You are a Renaissance drunkard we can all be proud of.

Sunday's just getting started here, and the schedule's fairly clear, apart from drinking.

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

So what am I drankin' this fine Sunday?

We do NOT need any stinkin' badges today. My drunk is now completely made of smoke and desert plant. Glorious.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

From the depths of the pirated ship
erupted a baleful roar.
It echoed and rang throughout the hull:
"Stinking badges no more!"

Now for this here dried-out bastard.

DRINK!

Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

mistah willies wrote:Now for this here dried-out bastard.
This stuff I'm imbibing is 49%.

Needless to say, your rock is now on. I accuse you of searching randomly on kraken, but it appears to have produced results!

Destroy! Destroy!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

booznik wrote:
mistah willies wrote:Now for this here dried-out bastard.
This stuff I'm imbibing is 49%.

Needless to say, your rock is now on. I accuse you of searching randomly on kraken, but it appears to have produced results!

Destroy! Destroy!
You've got me Kraken beat by 2%, and how does your victory taste? Mezzzz--Callll

Sounds like a hot, dry, sun-burnt Sunday eve, while looking over an azure bay off the western coast...

Now about the random search: i prefer to call ye correckyness this: Surfing for the perfect, tiny hidden treasure. Do ya ken, the impetus for a creative spark occurs within the course lined by a drunken helmsman, with the rudder untied, or fully tied-on, as the case may be.

What treasures await, as we travel the ocean of booze.

Plus, damn that is a catchy, unknown gem, huh.

To serendipity!
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

mistah willies wrote:...travel the ocean of booze...
And occasionally the seas change to cheese!

Gawdamn, I still have this cassette tape packed away in a closet. I wonder if it even works anymore. Wouldn't know, since I haven't owned a tape player in so long.

Sailing the Seas of Cheese

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Serious munchies are calling.

It's time for trout. From the great state of Maine. Hallowed be thy moose. Damned eternally be thy mosquitoes.

Extremely tasty be thy fish.