Warning to future Drinking Man attendees!

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

IrishForYou'reFucked
Souse
Souse

Warning to future Drinking Man attendees!

Post by IrishForYou'reFucked »

Do NOT try to go to bed early! We will do our best to serenade you into drinking with us again. Popular choices include Queen and Frank Sinatra
Life's a bitch, fuck it like one. -Apple Juice

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Warning to future Drinking Man attendees!

Post by Oggar »

I don't think I turned in early any night. And once started the goddamned Queen never stopped- I'm certain it was played on a loop for 2 days.

That being said Slushfund once again threw a great party. Excellent music from Johnny Swagger and Three Day Threshold. I spent three day in along a gorgeous river drinking pints of bourbon from the moment my feet hit the ground in the morning until I was no longer in condition to operate pants. I had an excellent time commiserating with fellow Drunkards again. We traded stories, remembered the old days, fallen friends and I think cemented some new friendships. I'll be honest, my inner monkey doesn't seem to climb as far up the fun tree these days and some of the best times I had this weekend were just sitting at a table drinking and shooting the shit. Wish more of you would have been able to make it. Thanks again for everything Slushfund and the staff.

These big gatherings are the majors I hadn't been to one in so long I forgot how important these can be to the esprit de corps. Keep at it fellow Drunkards stage Invasions, tell tales, raise glasses.
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by NYDingbat »

IrishForYou'reFucked wrote:Do NOT try to go to bed early! We will do our best to serenade you into drinking with us again. Popular choices include Queen and Frank Sinatra
This is NOT a bad thing.
"I don't start the day. I continue the night."
- mistah willies

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields

Judge

Post by Judge »

Good to hear of the continued carrying of the flag. For many of us who have been stalwart attendees in the past, life's unexpected challenges make doing what we wish inconvenient or impossible. Therefore we must live vicariously through our drunkard brethren, who (while not required during the time of such events) must endevour to take time once home to enlighten us with pictures and stories (lies) of the activities enjoyed.

That's a fancy way of saying fuck you guys, I had to move to Mississippi to get a paycheck while you drained Slushfund of his good will and booze. I was once a master at that and I'm pissed I missed it. -Yours truly, Mr. Judge (I'm in the South y'all-the Mister part is key).
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by NYDingbat »

Judge wrote:Good to hear of the continued carrying of the flag. For many of us who have been stalwart attendees in the past, life's unexpected challenges make doing what we wish inconvenient or impossible. Therefore we must live vicariously through our drunkard brethren, who (while not required during the time of such events) must endevour to take time once home to enlighten us with pictures and stories (lies) of the activities enjoyed.

That's a fancy way of saying fuck you guys, I had to move to Mississippi to get a paycheck while you drained Slushfund of his good will and booze. I was once a master at that and I'm pissed I missed it. -Yours truly, Mr. Judge (I'm in the South y'all-the Mister part is key).
You'll be happy know we drained Slushfund of every last drop of his good will. Though we left him plenty of our BYOB booze (I brought two bottles of Four Roses bourbon - I hope there is a drop or two left for our generous host) - we left him seated at a table laden with bottles, so there is a chance he'll post here again.
- mistah willies

- W.C. Fields

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

I drained every bottle of Bourbon I saw.
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Many good times were had. One of us is not the pro he once was. Two days in and I ended up taking an 18 hour nap. I rallied late Sunday night but had to curtail that early due to driving home. Slush was a great host and Hank was on point in the grub dept. Glad to have met all of you attendees face to face. This should happen more. Al ot of great quotes were heard this weekend but I'll not steal anyone's story thunder.
More later when the pics are ready. I'll put them in Dingy's wrap up thread.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

jonnyswagger
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by jonnyswagger »

Oggar wrote:I drained every bottle of Bourbon I saw.
I'm going to have to vouch for this one. I've never heard bourbon get scared before, until this weekend.

Amusingly enough, I was on the demon rum all weekend and not a single blackout - I can't tell if I'm impressed or disappointed. I felt like I was sleeping with a stranger though when I woke up smelling of rum instead of whiskey.

Slush is the goddamned best, as are most of you fine booze bags. An absolute pleasure.

slushfund
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by slushfund »

I can't remember anything after 6 pm on Friday. I also had a black out Monday, due to starting early with some kind of Godly bourbon cocktail, and finishing with most of a growler. I may have had a blackout Sunday too, its hard to remember almost everything.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

slushfund wrote: its hard to remember almost everything.

I would definitely call that a success.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Anybody have any idea what happened to my pipe. I have been unable to locate it since Drinking Man? If I drunkenly gave it to someone cool. I would just like to know what happened to it or it it's forever lost to Drinking Man.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by NYDingbat »

Patchez wrote:Anybody have any idea what happened to my pipe. I have been unable to locate it since Drinking Man? If I drunkenly gave it to someone cool. I would just like to know what happened to it or it it's forever lost to Drinking Man.
I'd PM or FB slushfund.
- mistah willies

- W.C. Fields