"Hello, I'm back!" - Where have you been? What's your excuse?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

kowalski
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: Greetings, Friends!

Post by kowalski »

Best regards to you too Shane - enjoy the rest of your time drinking in the sun!
Snakebite & Blue Bols <-- The Drink of Champions

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Always nice to see somebody come back and post after a prolonged absence. Cheers, indeed!
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

I hope this is nothing to do with me cursing you...

May your holiday get better

Hard to see how it won't in a town that serves beer in its kebaberies
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Now don't go off for another half year, young man
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

Hardcore Stig
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

I have been absent

Post by Hardcore Stig »

Well I have been absent, glad to report that it is for no bad reason rather a very hectic time meaning at first I had little that would be of interest to all in the thought of the day and as time grew longer, it was realising I wanted to add a comment more than just a 2 liner and my mind was rebelling against composing any body of text longer than a tweet.

First off then folks, thanks for the nods from a few of you to ask how I was doing, always nice to have your absence noted and to know you are welcome back anytime. I have been buying a house and this is why I have been manically busy. The place isn't exactly a fully furnished place, so I have been decorating, deconstructing and otherwise wearing myself out while not supping an ale as often as I would like.

It has also drained funds like I wouldn't have believed and so I was getting out to gain drinking stories. Again I hate to bore you all, this is MDM and tales of only drinking 2 nights a week aren't the sort for this board.

But now I am trying to return, mainly as I miss the board and the patter. Miss the random outbursts, nods to new drinks and drunken ponderings, the very reason I returned for the thought of the day thread. I always liked that we could think a little differently from the norm, that our minds drift and ponder without the need for us to reign ourselves back in. Taxes and jobs exist, but they don't define our lives like many others, we work to live, not live to work.

Got to add some form of booze related tale so I will return to the start of the Thought for the Day threads first tale (I think), my Christmas party. I managed to flip last years events of me being the focus of some less than sterling behaviour due to booze and instead managed to drink well, act like a true drunkard gent ad do nothing stupid. All around me couldn't do the same and so the night saw arguments, people storming off, insulting and offending and just generally acting like it was the last days of Rome. It was nice to sit and watch with a drink in hand knowing I could walk into work on Monday with my head high and without the existential hangover.

Well, best not bore you all anymore, but I am back, in spirit at least and intend to be more so once I have finished the house and got the internet hooked up. I will be watching you all at least and may try for a new TFTD thread in the new year, but until then, I raise a glass to you all. SKOL!
"That's only a problem if you stop drinking"

"Nationality? I'm a drunkard, and that makes me a man of the world"

"The word "pub" should never need to be followed by the word "why""

Dale

Re: I have been absent

Post by Dale »

Welcome back and Cheers!
"What doesn't kill you makes you ... stranger."

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

You know,

For myself, I wondered if the magnificent week-long bender that you Europeans (landed on the satellite named Europa) had left you with a squalid taste in your drink.

Well met again, you fine Pirate. Welcome to the unending, continuous hell of home ownership. But also, good for you to OWN your own piece of the planet.

We will Skype sometime.,

Yup.

DRINK!

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Hardcore Stig wrote:Taxes and jobs exist, but they don't define our lives like many others, we work to live, not live to work.
Says this and also just got his own house. Yep. Wisdom.

Hardcore.

Stig.

Modern Drunkard First Class.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

tomodon
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by tomodon »

Congrats on the house Stig. Glad to hear you're back back with the Drunkards and doing it like a pro unlike a lot of people this time of year. Skol!

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

I hope that you ensured that there was enough money leftover from your mortgage loan to enable you to fill one room (at least) of your new house, with booze.

When you have time, please post some (internal) pictures* of your new premises.

Congratulations on being a property owner! I hope that you have a cellar with a view to home-brewing, wine-making and (say it quietly) home-distilling.

Stay in touch, my sibling-in-spirituous-substances (and let me know if you need a hand, doing any decorating or the like and I'll make my way up, and I'll happily help out))

* External pictures, posting other people's address and other forms of creepiness (that would make your hair stand-up on end), are best left to the likes of RiPT.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Good to see ya, Stig…did you bring any whiskey?
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by NYDingbat »

Welcome back, my fine British Buccaneer! Congratulations on the purchase of your new abode! I hope the purchase hasn't drained all your treasure, forcing you to venture to Tortuga to plunder at will for your liquid provisions.

Cheers!
"I don't start the day. I continue the night."
- mistah willies

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Welccome back Good Sir. Grats on the new money drain. Homes will keep you balancing a budget between new windows or good hooch. Home brewing/ wine making are great ways to keep boozy on a budget though.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Hardcore Stig

Post by Hardcore Stig »

On the home brewing topic, a good friend of mine who brews several fine things walked into the house, right into the dining room, found a hidden cupboard and promptly advised what to brew on what shelf. If I follow his advice I will have a fine selection of cider and wine. And I am not saying there is a sink and drain in my utility room that you could use to feed a still or anything, byut I am not saying there isn't either . That may be a future adventure though!

Palinka, have no worries, I still have a well stocked shelf for when decoration stops and living there starts and plans for my home bar in the dining room complete with bar globe and Wingback Leather chair.
"That's only a problem if you stop drinking"

"Nationality? I'm a drunkard, and that makes me a man of the world"

"The word "pub" should never need to be followed by the word "why""

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

Congrats on the new house.
If you need any tips for redecorating or brewing you have my number. Don't ask for my advice on distilling though. I don't do that.
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best