Mere human females drink Whiskey 1st time.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Mere human females drink Whiskey 1st time.

Post by Savage »

Holy Mother of Pearl. These bitches are what, like thirty years old? And apparently they grew up on a planet that did not have fucking bourbon. Uhm kay, then.. Aside from that fact, oh please Jesus Christ, do not let these cows breed, because, what the fuck is their probs?
like tears in rain

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

HaveGinWillBabble wrote:people who actually prefer vodka over other liquors are the types of people to water down their liquor with sugary substances.
que?
Drink!

Rev. Dead Corpse
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Rev. Dead Corpse »

John Barleycorn wrote:
Mr. Viking wrote:they all seemed to like the taste. That's a good thing. There's no need to be afraid. I think some drinks have built up a manlymanlymanlyman reputation and "only a man could drink it" which is stupid. We all have the same taste buds and yes, whiskey can take a while to really enjoy but it's damn well worth it.

Note

Stroh is, and always will be an exception. It is not for the faint hearted
Stroh 80 is evil stuff. It doesn't intoxicate, it destroys.
My Father-in-Law has a bottle.

It's no more intoxicating than anything else, it just tastes vile. It'll take the hair off your chest and deposit on your teeth...
<insert something profound here>

Rev. Dead Corpse
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Savage wrote:Holy Mother of Pearl. These bitches are what, like thirty years old? And apparently they grew up on a planet that did not have fucking bourbon. Uhm kay, then.. Aside from that fact, oh please Jesus Christ, do not let these cows breed, because, what the fuck is their probs?
This was my first impression. I felt it would have been impolitic to have stated it so boldly without that extra X in my chromosomes...

Cheers...

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

I only watched a few seconds cause i couldnt see the point. Maybe if theyd been hot it wouldve been more watchable? All i know about buzzfeed is that maddox hates it, but then maddox hates everthing. That one clip hasnt impressed me.

On the whisky/vodka debate, im no expert but id have to say that whisky tastes better straight, but you can make some damn fine cocktails (or mixed drinks for those sticklers who refuse to accept the moscow mule as a cocktail) with vodka. I had a bottle of smirnoff blue which was quite nice straight though, but not as nice as a good whisky. I dunno if jd is good. Seems expensive for just another mass-market bourbon.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Casual Binger wrote:...I dunno if jd is good...
As a Modern Drunkardist it is your right and responsibility to know the truth. Sad to say but Jack turned Traitor on us (which is why you'll often find it referred to, on This Board as, "TJD"). Have no truck with it.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

Palinka wrote:
Casual Binger wrote:...I dunno if jd is good...
As a Modern Drunkardist it is your right and responsibility to know the truth. Sad to say but Jack turned Traitor on us (which is why you'll often find it referred to, on This Board as, "TJD"). Have no truck with it.
Oh yeah, i have read that, but not being a bourbon drinker it doesnt really bother me. I guess if that was your brand it'd be irritating, but i always found that particular "tennessee whikey" a bit pretentious. Ive had it numerous times over the years, but was never overly impressed.

As it happens however, im planning on visiting a bourbon bar on Saturday.

Maybe i'll give old style TJD a try.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Casual Binger wrote:...not being a bourbon drinker...
I am sure that some of our learned U.S. siblings-in-spirituous-siblings will explain that TJD id not a Bourbon, and why that is the case. Suffice it to say that its description of itself, as a "Sour Mash Whiskey" is more accurate than calling it a Bourbon. Nonetheless, I do hope that you have a good time at the Bourbon bar that you'll be visiting.
Casual Binger wrote:...Maybe i'll give old style TJD a try.
However, even if they do sell this particular Sour Mash Whiskey, it'd probably be politic not to mention it here.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Rev. Dead Corpse
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

I was a big fan of Jim Beam for a very long time.

Safer for everyone if I stick to vodka.

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

Palinka wrote:
Casual Binger wrote:...not being a bourbon drinker...
I am sure that some of our learned U.S. siblings-in-spirituous-siblings will explain that TJD id not a Bourbon, and why that is the case. Suffice it to say that its description of itself, as a "Sour Mash Whiskey" is more accurate than calling it a Bourbon. Nonetheless, I do hope that you have a good time at the Bourbon bar that you'll be visiting.
Casual Binger wrote:...Maybe i'll give old style TJD a try.
However, even if they do sell this particular Sour Mash Whiskey, it'd probably be politic not to mention it here.
Well, i dont wanna cause a ruckus, but followed that link to sour mash, then another to tennessee whiskey & it said this:

"Tennessee whiskey is straight bourbon whiskey produced in Tennessee.[1][2][3] However, most current producers of Tennessee whiskey disclaim references to their products as "Bourbon" and do not label them as such on any of their bottles or advertising materials. All current producers are required by Tennessee law to produce their whiskey in Tennessee"

Sounds like a marketing gimmick to me if there ever was one.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

Casual Binger wrote:Well, i dont wanna cause a ruckus, but followed that link to sour mash, then another to tennessee whiskey & it said this:

"Tennessee whiskey is straight bourbon whiskey produced in Tennessee.[1][2][3] However, most current producers of Tennessee whiskey disclaim references to their products as "Bourbon" and do not label them as such on any of their bottles or advertising materials. All current producers are required by Tennessee law to produce their whiskey in Tennessee"

I believe you are correct there. It fulfills all the requirements to be a bourbon. Don't think the bourbon description is an opt-in one. It's like red wine. Donesn't have to say red wine on the label in order to be red wine
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Casual Binger wrote:"Tennessee whiskey is straight bourbon whiskey produced in Tennessee.[1][2][3] However, most current producers of Tennessee whiskey disclaim references to their products as "Bourbon" and do not label them as such on any of their bottles or advertising materials. All current producers are required by Tennessee law to produce their whiskey in Tennessee"

Yep.

And it is our watery pals at Brown-Forman (JD) who have the main interest in perpetuating this marketing gimmick.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Mr. Viking wrote:...Don't think the bourbon description is an opt-in one.
In this particular case, it is opt-in. You can't call a whiskey bourbon if it doesn't meet the requirements, but you're under no obligation to call it bourbon just because it meets the requirements. Those are the US whiskey regulations.

The same is true of "straight" whiskey.

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

but if I were to decant Jim Beam into another bottle and declare this to be viking whiskey, would it not still be bourbon?
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Mr. Viking wrote:but if I were to decant Jim Beam into another bottle and declare this to be viking whiskey, would it not still be bourbon?
It would be Single Viking Bourbon Whiskey, according to the regulations of the Liverpool Buckfast Tonic Wine Council.