Shit monday

A place for general talk.

Moderators: NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies

Post Reply
User avatar
brandonman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Posts: 553
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:01 am
Location: St Louis, MO

Re: Shit monday

Post by brandonman »

JimLahey wrote:
How can you confirm? You're taking the word of someone who is dumping you? I'm not trying to make you feel bad, just hoping you will get past it quick. She's out looking for another dick, the sooner you can realize that the sooner you can go out and look for other women too. Best of luck to ya bro and may the liquor be with you.
I've known her for a long time. But yea, c'est la vie. My main obstacle is finding girls I actually consider quality. Casual sex-intersted hookup girls aren't on my quality radar, and they're what populate my university. Have a turkish girl on my radar that came to a party recently who seems halfway quality from a nearby school. Time will tell, the libations will cure my ills. C'est la vie. Doing much better than I figured I would.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

User avatar
JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Posts: 2105
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:32 pm
Location: Sunnyvale Trailerpark

Re: Shit monday

Post by JimLahey »

brandonman wrote:
JimLahey wrote:
How can you confirm? You're taking the word of someone who is dumping you? I'm not trying to make you feel bad, just hoping you will get past it quick. She's out looking for another dick, the sooner you can realize that the sooner you can go out and look for other women too. Best of luck to ya bro and may the liquor be with you.
I've known her for a long time. But yea, c'est la vie. My main obstacle is finding girls I actually consider quality. Casual sex-intersted hookup girls aren't on my quality radar, and they're what populate my university. Have a turkish girl on my radar that came to a party recently who seems halfway quality from a nearby school. Time will tell, the libations will cure my ills. C'est la vie. Doing much better than I figured I would.
Cheers man! Best of luck with the Turkish girl.

User avatar
brandonman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Posts: 553
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:01 am
Location: St Louis, MO

Re: Shit monday

Post by brandonman »

Yep, all part of the grand tale of life. I've got a good bank of stories, ranging from sad sappy lover to drunkard laughing shenanigans, with everything in between. I'm doing better on the tales than anybody else my age, so I've got that goin' for me.

I must say, all of us drinkers are THE gold mines of story telling. We're like modern day Homers. And not ALWAYS the D'OH! kind.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

User avatar
oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie
Posts: 10540
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 am

Re: Shit monday

Post by oettinger »

Time heals almost everything. If it cures mondays hangovers it surely will cure your pain.
According to some drunkard counseling I recieved on skype I already should have thrown my girlfriend in front of a train.
Relationship is still going relatively well somehow but I`m waiting for it`s ultimate downfall for some time now myself.
In the meantime I drink, heavily.
Drinking heavily is a basic instinct
Image

User avatar
booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed
Posts: 1545
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 2:29 pm
Location: People's Republic of SoCal

Re: Shit monday

Post by booznik »

oettinger wrote:According to some drunkard counseling I recieved on skype I already should have thrown my girlfriend in front of a train.
You did. The train threw her back. Apparently, it was meant to be.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

Image

User avatar
oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie
Posts: 10540
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 am

Re: Shit monday

Post by oettinger »

It`s here, it`s ugly and I overslept. Fuck this, where`s my leftover vodka?
Drinking heavily is a basic instinct
Image

User avatar
oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie
Posts: 10540
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 am

Re: Shit monday

Post by oettinger »

I was still quite drunk the whole morning so it was one of the better mondays in recent (and sparse) memory
Drinking heavily is a basic instinct
Image

Palinka (RIP)
Moderator
Posts: 9793
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2003 7:29 pm
Location: In The Liquor Cabinet

Re: Shit monday

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

booznik wrote:
oettinger wrote:According to some drunkard counseling I recieved on skype I already should have thrown my girlfriend in front of a train.
You did. The train threw her back. Apparently, it was meant to be.
Maybe this will help.
However, be sure to remember this.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

User avatar
oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie
Posts: 10540
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 am

Re: Shit monday

Post by oettinger »

^^^ Ha! Nice one, lead me to this.

Shit, tuesday.
Drinking heavily is a basic instinct
Image

User avatar
oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie
Posts: 10540
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 am

Re: Shit monday

Post by oettinger »

Nice, I didn`t oversleep and thanks to uncle booznik`s sound advice to buy shitloads of beer last night there`s still some in the fridge.
I might crack one open right now, it`s a "do the right thing" situation mostly on mondays.
Image
Drinking heavily is a basic instinct
Image

User avatar
mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Posts: 6657
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:48 pm
Location: A ship upon the vast ocean of the Mighty MDM
Contact:

Re: Shit monday

Post by mistah willies »

Spike Lee always has a good "joint" but I like to have a Spike Jonze flicker as well.

He sparks quite well. I think that if you name your offspring

Spike


then they will make their mark.



.
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

User avatar
oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie
Posts: 10540
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 am

Re: Shit monday

Post by oettinger »

I only know Wendy O, NSFW, cause mondays suck and are NSFD, not safe for drunks that is.
Drinking heavily is a basic instinct
Image

User avatar
Patchez
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill
Posts: 5566
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:41 pm
Location: South Central, PA

Re: Shit monday

Post by Patchez »

Loved Wendy and the Plasmatics back in the day....my Mom hated them. As it should be.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

User avatar
Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Posts: 2964
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:55 am
Location: Finland

Re: Shit monday

Post by Bur »

Ah, the nothing to do on Monday but to chill. Now I need to gently put down this raging hangover from my 3 day binge and see some family members.

User avatar
oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie
Posts: 10540
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 am

Re: Shit monday

Post by oettinger »

Bur wrote:Ah, the nothing to do on Monday but to chill. Now I need to gently put down this raging hangover from my 3 day binge and see some family members.
Seeing family members every day, not the (no. 1) reason I drink heavily but one has to wonder after encountering the same weird folks for 30 plus years straight...
Just glad I`m not the son of some of my aunts or uncles, because, damn, that cross just doesn`t seem to fit my asshole.
Drinking heavily is a basic instinct
Image

Post Reply