Booze vs Hair

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Zog
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Booze vs Hair

Post by Zog »

Strange topic right? Every since I got out of the Marines I just can not let my hair grow out. Everyone says, "Hey, you'd look better with longer hair." but I try and as soon as it gets a little beyond regulation, and I've a got a few drinks in me, I rush into the bathroom and buzz it back again. I don't want to have to carry a comb or worry about how my hair looks. Is this wrong?

Yeah, it sucks in the in winter but I have lots of hats.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Booze vs Hair

Post by Patchez »

As soon as I got out of the Air Farce I stopped hair cuts and shaving almost altogether. I like the biker/caveman look. Plus I can't be bothered by general grooming other than dragging my fingers through the rat's nest.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

6 months wasn't enough to get me to a habit in this matter (mandatory military training in Finland). I usually trim my beard back in to something of a form like every 3-4 weeks, sometimes I don't bother to touch the whole thing for months. I tend to however now and then have an great idea with what to do with my beard while drunk and occasionally this'll lead to a full clean up.

I used to have long hair, but never bothered to grow it back after keeping it short and noticing I didn't lose my drinking powers without it.

Another Tipsy Sailor
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Another Tipsy Sailor »

Took me a few years after leaving the Navy before I could grow my hair past regs.
Same story with getting drunk and breaking out the clippers.
"Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I’m not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you’ve felt that way."
-Charles Bukowski

I was probably drunk when I said that, but I meant it.

The second best thing about a shot of Malört is the face the bartender makes when you order it.

HappyLittleBoozer
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by HappyLittleBoozer »

Going for the scruffy hobo look these days, I hate having no hair on my face whatsoever as it looks like im having chemotherapy. Plus its always amusing to see the clean-shaven 'ladies' be jealous of my sporting beard as its always the subject of conversation, you'd never see anyone go 'hey nice shave dude'.

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

When I got out I kept it short for awhile, then grew a pony tail, then went bald, now I keep about 2 inches on the top with a fade. Close to a low fade you would get in the Marines. Now my facial hair, I will always keep facial hair and will not go back to shaving every fucking day. I will keep my beard.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

The Grumpy gets antsy if his hair gets too long (an inch or so), but it looks nothing like the shorn Jarhead look he had to wear for thirty years.
like tears in rain

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

I like to go for months without haircuts or shaving and just go full drunken caveman mode. Feels good to be drunk with a beard, I dunno why.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Yes. Yes it is.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.