What Did You Do When You Ran Out?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

What Did You Do When You Ran Out?

Post by mistah willies »

Of booze?

I tried to drive and got stuck in a snow bank. No one died. I learned my leesom.

I tried out sterno, (blecch) cleaning products (fresh breath! um, nope) and vanilla extract.

maybe that's why I;m fond of black rum

Anyone else Low Rent?

Just me?

Fuckers.

Zog
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Re: What Did You Do When You Ran Out?

Post by Zog »

I check my supply each morning because it's the only time I can account for what I drank, so if I am low I get more.

The only time I run out is sometimes at hunting camp. I didn't bring enough beer one weekend this year, so when I drank all of mine I drank some of my Buddies because there wasn't much liquor left either. My Buddy was passed out, so I figured it was open season. I thought that fucker was going to cry the next day when I told him I drank two of his beers. I should have drank all of them but I was nice and left him a few, so he should of just shut his trap! Some people.....

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

Play screw your nieghbor.

Seriously, ran out of booze at a fly-in fishing camp up in Ontario a hundred years ago and got Hawk Air to make a special supply trip. Drank a fifth of Imperial that afternoon, maybe my most expensive drunk other than the arrest.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

I woke up one morning to find out that i had drank the vermouth.

On the other end of the spectrum, I have, after fininshing the normal everyday cheap beer and bourbon, gotten into the good stuff- the stuff that I was supposed to be saving for when it can be truly appreciated.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Dale
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Dale »

I'm only about 5 minutes away by walk from the next gas station.
And it sells Booze 24/7. And cigarettes. And cigars. And food.
So I go for a walk.
"What doesn't kill you makes you ... stranger."

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

Dale wrote:I'm only about 5 minutes away by walk from the next gas station.
So I go for a walk.
Lucky fuck. I live in BC Canada in a Chinese dominated neighborhood. Its a 30 minute walk to the closest liquor store and its closed by 9pm most days. You gotta plan your supplies very carefully down these parts.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

frankennietzsche wrote:I woke up one morning to find out that i had drank the vermouth.

On the other end of the spectrum, I have, after fininshing the normal everyday cheap beer and bourbon, gotten into the good stuff- the stuff that I was supposed to be saving for when it can be truly appreciated.
Oh I know that pain. I've killed all my cheap er'ry day beer and hooch to find either a) all the wife's wine or peach schnapps got gone or b) I killed my only three glasses into it Laphroiag Triple Wood or Ardbeg Corry.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

Budget v. buzz, the eternal struggle.

$12.79 is the cost of the insurance policy here, a handle of Value-rite vodka, and a two day drunk.

If you don't have the stones or sense to keep this in reserve I pity the hell out of your bankrupt, wasted, good-for-nothing wastril poor motherfucker existance and feel sorrier for your mother.

Dale

Post by Dale »

JimLahey wrote:
Dale wrote:I'm only about 5 minutes away by walk from the next gas station.
So I go for a walk.
Lucky fuck. I live in BC Canada in a Chinese dominated neighborhood. Its a 30 minute walk to the closest liquor store and its closed by 9pm most days. You gotta plan your supplies very carefully down these parts.
I forgot to mention that the gas station sells ice cold Beer too...
Sorry, i can be a sadist at times.
"What doesn't kill you makes you ... stranger."

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Back when I lived on the eastern end of Shields Ave in Fuckno, Joey used to just chuck his change all over the floor in his room, amongst his clothes, boots and jackets. Yea, the carpet was his closet/dresser/hamper. The couple days before payday I'd be fucking poor, and would go dig about on his floor collecting change for a few forties at the corner store.

On payday, I'd cash my check at the rip-off check-cashing place and ask for a roll of quarters.

Being a gentleman, I crack it open and then throw them all over his room. I'd kick his clothes with my Docs to bury them quarters. I told him about it years later, and he wondered why sometimes he'd find quarters in the shoes he was putting on.

Good times.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Yep, the ol' buying malt liquor with change routine. I used to live two blocks from a 24 hour Speedway. Many a night, right around 330am I would stagger up there and get whatever was cheapest, although I prefferred the 2 24oz cans to 40's; they were usually the same price.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Man...

I woul love to live anywhere that sold alkyhawl around the clock.

Everywhere I been, it's either 2:00 am at the latest, or 1:00 in this damned blue law state.

or that Vegas

Now that is some fun

One time, in the low rent district, off Flamingo Drive, take a left at Terribles, we were staying in a hotel that shall not be named, but it allowed cigarette smoking only on the second floor.

Yeah, so fuck going outside.

We went down and hung out by the elevator on that floor, butting out our cigs in the cheap bonsai tree ion the table in front of the mirror. After a while, folks getting dropped off at that floor would come out, smile at us and walk away quickly,

and

them others going up to their better floors would get a blast of a cloud from that massive smoke out as the doors closed.

Ya know, to carry them on their way.

Four folks laughing and drinking and puffing in the wee hours of the moaning on the second floor.

Frig it. I'll never see them again, and they got something to bitch about for years after.

Cheers!
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Made eyes at the old man, and handed him the car keys. But years ago, when he was on DET or later, OTR, I took the shab-mobile to the local vendor or, in one sad case, drank some shitty orange liqueur that tasted like the nasty lollypops our family doctor used to hand out after we had our vaccination shots (oh, but only if we didn't cry).
like tears in rain

tomodon
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by tomodon »

Raided the home-brew that wasn't quite ready but thought a sample while it was still 'young' would give me a better idea how it had matured. And I'd already finished the emergency stash in the back of the Marshall amp...

Rev. Dead Corpse
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Rev. Dead Corpse »

Run out?

That thought never occured to me. Why would anyone do that to themselves?
<insert something profound here>