don't bogart drunken forum

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Re: don't bogart drunken forum

Post by Mr Boozificator »

mikegj1077 wrote:You censors are bogarting this forum, particularly Palinka. It's like walking into a room and suddenly you guys are on us like flies on shit. Shoving us aside and taking over a conversation with bullshit like everyone is interested in what you say. Give your members some credit and space. There are lots of interesting people here who would like to talk without you looking over their shoulders. Is this a forum or play pen with adults watching us. We know the rules. Maybe a drunken forum needs all these moderators. But you have more moderators than the United Nations has members. Chill. Back off. Listen. Poke in to say something but don't shove us around. I am on my last bottle of vodka. Cheers.
A pity I am not there that often any more (I do apologize to my fellow drunkards for that).
See, you seem to find Palinka too repressive on your ass, while I happen to find him extremely patient with you.
Palinka, unlike me, shows deep respect for freedom of speech and he genuinely believes in giving people a chance even when they are boring aggressive or simply annoying. That is why you haven't been banned so far.
I am completely different: If I acquire the conviction that a board member is more of a nuisance than an entertainment for the community I just ban him for good. You are currently one post away of this happening to you. Possibly even less depending on how my apéritif will go this evening. Type carefully and be extra precautious when whining and complaining.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

AntonArkydivich
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by AntonArkydivich »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Beautiful. Just... Just beautiful.

That was the bartender leveling the metaphorical shotgun at the obnoxious asshole.
Making my own city lights out of bourbon and the stars of a barroom fight.
- Josh Ritter

drunkenmaster
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by drunkenmaster »

JimLahey wrote:Ok... can someone tell me who the fuck RIPT is? And what did he do that was so horrible? Sounds legendary.
I want to know too, I'm curious.

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

I'm interested too. All I know is that there's a shitload of drama flying past me.

Girl drama I let roll off my shoulders when they roll me up into it, but drunken folders draw me in.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

Rev. Dead Corpse
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Rev. Dead Corpse »

brandonman wrote:I'm interested too. All I know is that there's a shitload of drama flying past me.

Girl drama I let roll off my shoulders when they roll me up into it, but drunken folders draw me in.

As for the OP's asshattery, I highly approve of the job the moderators here. The "job" of a moderator isn't just to "censor" posts, it's to help keep interest going in the forum by chirping in now and again. They can either help keep things on topic, derail the Flamebait Train, or hell... Start a flame war just to hammer f*ck some dink that desperately asks for it.
<insert something profound here>

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by NYDingbat »

drunkenmaster wrote:
JimLahey wrote:Ok... can someone tell me who the fuck RIPT is? And what did he do that was so horrible? Sounds legendary.
I want to know too, I'm curious.
RIPT was a rather unseemly fella who fancied threatening fellow board members and in one particularly egregious episode, committed outright libel against one of our own. He would be promptly banned for his most un-Modern Drunkard like behavior and would nearly immediately turn around and re-up under a new handle. Steps have since been taken that would eliminate or at least severely curb this workaround of his. We continue to be vigilant so our li'l nabe stays friendly and enjoyable for all.

This vigilance is not reserved for RIPT alone. You may have noticed - in this thread, for example, we tend to nip undesirable behavior in the bud. Sometimes we do this by engaging the offending poster in dialogue to find out the true root of their behavior or statement, sometimes - depending on the severity of the post or just being fed up with the poster, we'll slam The Ban Hammer forcefully and forthwith.

Hope that answers your question.

Slainte!
"I don't start the day. I continue the night."
- mistah willies

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Ript? Wasn't he the one who posted himself in a purple bathrobe, pointing a gun at the camera? Also, wasn't he the creep who put up a really disgusting, filthy, perverted picture, without putting it under a click-on-link and warning people, NSFL?
like tears in rain

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

NSFL? Is that Nor Safe For Life?

Or did you mean NSFW, in which case yes I do remember someone doing that and I for one was pretty upset since I can get fired for things of that sort. Too bad I missed out on this conversation.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Resident Asshole wrote:NSFL? Is that Nor Safe For Life?

Or did you mean NSFW, in which case yes I do remember someone doing that and I for one was pretty upset since I can get fired for things of that sort. Too bad I missed out on this conversation.
Uhm, yeah. Not Safe For Life. As in, I choked on my lunch and couldn't click fast enough to make the nasty image go away. That RIPT was a real jerk. Sometimes, people show up here with weird, angry agendas. They need to be removed. This is what our mods do: take out the trash.
like tears in rain

μεθύστακας
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by μεθύστακας »

Last edited by μεθύστακας on Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tomodon
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by tomodon »

Guns, guns, guns! Interesting thread.

My own MDM board freak show of choice would be Compass. His rather disturbing weed updates were a thing to behold. I hope he is getting the help he needs.

In happier news, let's have a drink!

Mother Goose
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mother Goose »

If I recall, Ript's final undoing was incredibly inappropriate negative comments about another MDM regular who had passed away. It's one thing to be a complete asshole to someone still living, but quite another to say horrific things about someone deceased and who couldn't defend herself. He was a complete piece of shit. Good riddance!!

"DC is a toilet. And it needs a good flush." ~ Weatherman

Drunkard Chat bot sez: fiyah: i'm picturing wasabi oozing out of her parents, and im at a good pace if you have to do this cheap as fuck. but drunkards need to unite

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

"ah, hatred, the only thing that lasts"
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

whiskeyprick wrote:"ah, hatred, the only thing that lasts"
Well, it is the only thing that both parties get to take away intact, after a break-up...
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage