don't bogart drunken forum

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Screwball
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: A half foot away from a cat's nutsack. I Gotta get the DevilKat Fixed!

Re: don't bogart drunken forum

Post by Screwball »

JimLahey wrote:Ok... can someone tell me who the fuck RIPT is? And what did he do that was so horrible? Sounds legendary.
RIPT is a little sad kitten that threatened to kick my ass one time. Told him where I was in Dallas(I was working there at the time),told him I would pick him up at the airport, pay for his plane ticket and told him when he got here he could shoot me with any of the guns he loves if he would take time enough to pull it out his ass. He never took the offer up.

...a little sad yet ugly as fuck kitten with no nuts.

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

Flame wars are fun.

But son, ya aughtta get down on yer knees every night and thank God for Palinka.

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

Screwball wrote:
JimLahey wrote:Ok... can someone tell me who the fuck RIPT is? And what did he do that was so horrible? Sounds legendary.
RIPT is a little sad kitten that threatened to kick my ass one time. Told him where I was in Dallas(I was working there at the time),told him I would pick him up at the airport, pay for his plane ticket and told him when he got here he could shoot me with any of the guns he loves if he would take time enough to pull it out his ass. He never took the offer up.

...a little sad yet ugly as fuck kitten with no nuts.
Do you have pictures of this guy you can post? I like to see what crazy looks like in person.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

JimLahey wrote:Do you have pictures of this guy you can post? I like to see what crazy looks like in person.
Surreal posted two pictures a while back.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

HaveGinWillBabble
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by HaveGinWillBabble »

I'd also like to know what that means.
"Once a Trailer Park Boy, always a Trailer Park Boy."
"DRINK!" -mistah willies

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Hey man , we're all just here to have a good time.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Screwball
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: A half foot away from a cat's nutsack. I Gotta get the DevilKat Fixed!

Post by Screwball »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:Hey man , we're all just here to have a good time.
Not me. I'm here for the sexy pictures. Here's one for the ladies.

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

Well that was exciting. I gotta admit, I didn't take to zog but i figured hes a vet with mental health issues, so cut him some slack. Turns out not.

But, back to the original post. I've only ever been a member of one other fora site, gaijinpot n that place was a total shitfight. I'm comfortable with the regulation here. Yes its somewhat intimidatory. No its not always fair. But its a hell of a lot better than a free for all n i dont envy palinka One. Little. Bit.

Hey I'm getting a glow on. Will soon cease to make sense. Just picked up the pepper grinder in place of my beer.

mikegj1077
Souse
Souse

Post by mikegj1077 »

Palinka wrote:
mikegj1077 wrote:You censors are bogarting this forum, particularly Palinka. It's like walking into a room and suddenly you guys are on us like flies on shit. Shoving us aside and taking over a conversation with bullshit like everyone is interested in what you say..
Interestingly, you have come to this conclusion in less than two weeks of membership (in fact, you first made this observation two days after joining, yet you offer no examples of me shoving you "aside and taking over a conversation with bullshit". It would be interesting to know if you actually could offer an example, however, since the thing that you accuse me of, hasn't happened, it's very unlikely that you would be able.
Indeed, it may interest you to know that you have made just as many post as I have, in the same period of time.
So, what is your actual point? Do you just not like me? Presumably you are someone who has been a member before and was banned under your previous username.
As for others thinking that all I post is bullshit, their posts indicate otherwise: The Very Bloody Mary, The Bullshot, Roasted Garlic, Port and Stilton, An APB For Missing Modern Drunkardists are the last few threads that I've started. Others, you may notice, have started many more new threads.
As a moderator, here on the MDM Board, I mostly spend my time: correcting typos for links; banning spammers, adbots and spambots; answering questions put to me by PM or on The Board; etc. You can find out more about what moderators actually do, by clicking here.
The fact that I am slightly more prolific than the others, at the moment, is due to the fact that four of my co-moderators are on sabbatical, for various reasons, and another is part-time, plus one forum moderator on sabbatical and another forum moderator doing part-time MDM Board duties. This leaves two full-time and one part-time Global Moderators plus one full-time and one part-time Forum Moderator for the whole Board; this is hardly over moderation.
Finally, I should like to point out that none of us asked to become moderators, we were all appointed by FKR (Slurred Be His Name), the chap who publishes the Modern Drunkard magazine, and who supports and pays for this Board to exist. So do feel free to write to him to complain about the moderators in general or me, specifically.
Of course, you could just not bother to read anything that I write but you may well miss out on information that FKR (Slurred Be His Name) might want to spread among the members of this Board.
I await your response to these questions with keen interest, particularly examples of me shoving you "aside and taking over a conversation with bullshit".
Cheers,
P.
Your friendly neighbourhood moderator.
I took me three days to read your reply. At least I know how to get under your skin....The proof is in the pudding. Palinka, Palinka, Palinka, Palinka...I have to scroll back three weeks (longer than you say I have been a member) to find someone else. Palinka, Palinka, Palinka, why don't you have a Palinka section and free up some space here? Palinka, all I see is Palinka, Palinka, Palinkaaaaaaaaaa.............

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

We're about to have a good old fashioned pub brawl! Grab a chair and start swinging!! YEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Listen, there is only one thing that the authorities understand!
And that is artistic elements with an edge of social commentary. You should write a song about it, or at least use flowery prose.
(NOTE: flowery prose may only used by special permission of no less than two (2) ranking moderators)
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

HaveGinWillBabble
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

JimLahey wrote:We're about to have a good old fashioned pub brawl! Grab a chair and start swinging!! YEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
LET'S GET SOME FUCKING TABLES KNOCKED OVER!!

i'LL LEFT HAND THE FUCK OUT OF ANYONE WHO WANTS TO START IT!

WOOOOOOOOOO!!

CHEERS!
"DRINK!" -mistah willies

HaveGinWillBabble
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

AND WATCH IT, i BEEN WORKING THE FUCK OUT!

Cheers!
"DRINK!" -mistah willies

HaveGinWillBabble
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

I took me three days to read your reply. At least I know how to get under your skin....The proof is in the pudding. Palinka, Palinka, Palinka, Palinka...I have to scroll back three weeks (longer than you say I have been a member) to find someone else. Palinka, Palinka, Palinka, why don't you have a Palinka section and free up some space here? Palinka, all I see is Palinka, Palinka, Palinkaaaaaaaaaa.............
Oh SNAP, son.
"DRINK!" -mistah willies