don't bogart drunken forum

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: don't bogart drunken forum

Post by peetie44 »

"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

mikegj1077 wrote:I took me three days to read your reply...

It took you three days to read a few paragraphs? Well, given that and your spelling, grammar and syntax, I guess that you ride the very short bus and have to have anything sharper than a sausage kept away from you, for your own safety.
mikegj1077 wrote:At least I know how to get under your skin...
Given that most of this thread has, so far, been used to discussed RiPT, you failed. It takes quite a lot to get under my skin. After all, I could just lock this thread or ban you.
mikegj1077 wrote:The proof is in the pudding. Palinka, Palinka, Palinka, Palinka...I have to scroll back three weeks (longer than you say I have been a member) to find someone else. Palinka, Palinka, Palinka, why don't you have a Palinka section and free up some space here? Palinka, all I see is Palinka, Palinka, Palinkaaaaaaaaaa.............
You seem to have quite the obsession. I hope that you find a good therapist to talk it over with.

I should point out that although you claim to have read my post (thereby insulting everyone else with your claim that no-one else has posted since the Sixth of January, 2015; including all the people who have posted within this thread) you have yet to provide any proof of your accusations.

By the way, I am only the 9th in the list.

However, since you are too chickenshit to offer any examples of me shoving you "aside and taking over a conversation with bullshit", I shall just wish you well (in Painesville, OH; the populous of the aforementioned town having more time and sympathy than I, I hope, put up with your nonsense with gentle forebearing).

Please try to contribute to the Board instead of trying to start "flame wars" because you are getting very boring...and no-one wants a crashing bore around.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

Am I the only one who gets excited when I see this? To me it's great because it means people have replied on the forum and I have new dicussions to read!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

brandonman wrote:Am I the only one who gets excited when I see this? To me it's great because it means people have replied on the forum and I have new dicussions to read!
Eeermmm...The bit that shows that there is stuff to read is the bit that should be on the right of the picture; the "Last Post" column (although the circle on the left should turn red if there are new posts or threads).
The names under each forum merely indicate who the moderators for that forum are (with the colour of each name indicating the purpose: Blue is an ""ordinary member" or a "Forum Moderator", Green indicates a "Global Moderator" and Red indicates a "Site Administrator".

If you look at the top right-hand corner of the screen there's the "Search" facility, to help members find the right thread to place something or to join an ongoing conversation.
Beneath that there are three other points: the "Logout", "Members" (should you want to look for a certain person or see if a particular Username has already been taken, and finally "FAQ"; this stands for Frequently Asked Questions and you should find most general information about the Board (and BBS in general) by clicking on that and then looking for topic you were interested in finding out about. If you cannot find the information that would answer you question, there; then feel free to send a "PM" (Personal Message) to a moderator, who will attempt to answer your questions for you.

It is also worth making sure that you familiarise yourself with the "Posting Guidelines" (click on the underlined words in blue - AKA a hyperlink - to go to the page in question).

I hope that this answers some of your inquiries. If you have any other questions, please feel free to PM a moderator for more information.

All the best.

Cheers,
P.
Your Friendly Neighbourhood Moderator.
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ドロンケン
ImageImage

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

Yea I think imgur cropped my image weird or something, I meant for focus to be on the most recent posts list.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

brandonman wrote:Yea I think imgur cropped my image weird or something, I meant for focus to be on the most recent posts list.

Agreed, it's always good to see that folks have contriubuted something on the board.

Also, yes, the BulletinBoardServices can limit image width so that the page doesn't get all weired looking

weird looking.

but if an inage is not reziesed resized

if an image is not resized before uploading it into an image-hosting site, or if it

blah. too much thinking not enough drinking...
DRINk! for crying out loud

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

The time for a logical discussion is over, it's time to get it on!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

A-friggin-men brutha

Hehehee

DRINK!

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Palinka, Palinka, Palinka, Palinka...

We love ya.

Lovely Palinka, wonderful Palinka!

So, trolls... piss off.

"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

Judge

Post by Judge »

I seem to remember back when I was the only one moderating for a few years making an issue of names ending in a bunch of numbers. I seem to remember putting up naming guidelines warning that an immediate banning might occur as so many spammers hand handles like that.

I also remember that if someone came along and caused a ruckus, I, unlike my more cultured European counterparts would simply ban that person. No discussion, no warnings, no reason offered. FKR never seemed to mind and I got no complaints from the patronage at large.

So I guess its good I'm otherwise involved in offline activities otherwise Palinka would spend more of his time re-instating members than trying to reason with them.
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

Judge

Post by Judge »

On the otherhand tfuck it. Last thing needed is a RIPT wannabe. You other mods feel free to rescue if you must. Feels good to wield the ban hammer one more time.
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Judge wrote:On the otherhand tfuck it. Last thing needed is a RIPT wannabe. You other mods feel free to rescue if you must. Feels good to wield the ban hammer one more time.
Frontier justice…

"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Judge wrote:I [...] remember [...] when I was the only one moderating [...] putting up naming guidelines warning that an immediate banning might occur as so many spammers hand handles like that.

I also remember that if someone came along and caused a ruckus, I [...] would simply ban that person [...] FKR never seemed to mind and I got no complaints from the patronage at large.

[...] Palinka would spend more of his time re-instating members than trying to reason with them.

On the otherhand fuck it. Last thing needed is a RIPT wannabe [...] Feels good to wield the ban hammer one more time.
Whilst I bow to your wisdom, my friend. I was hoping to get a logical and reasoned discussion going.

And if that didn't work:

I guess that we'll have to wait and see what happens next.

Thank you to all those who offered support for my moderating tenure.

However, I must say: Mr. Judge, sir; please don't be a stranger. Come back and visit us as often as you can, please?

P.S. No-one was banned with the exception of RiPT - for reasons so horrible that I'll not dignify them with repetition - so fire away; mikegj1077, HaveGinWillBabble, brandonman and Jim Lahey, and all you who have no knowledge of the job. Just don't do it when any of the other moderators or the Site Admin, FKR (Slurred Be His Name), are around or you may well find yourself locked out of the Board and put on the, "NO!" list for any future MDM Events - this list is real and people are told that their company is unwanted and unacceptable (I've seen it in action)*
* Ever notice that people who don't know jack about a task, always seem to be around to tell you how to do it properly? Or just make shit up (yes, I am looking your way, mikegj1077)?
ドロンケン
ImageImage

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by NYDingbat »

mikegj1077 wrote:
Palinka wrote:
mikegj1077 wrote:You censors are bogarting this forum, particularly Palinka. It's like walking into a room and suddenly you guys are on us like flies on shit. Shoving us aside and taking over a conversation with bullshit like everyone is interested in what you say..
Interestingly, you have come to this conclusion in less than two weeks of membership (in fact, you first made this observation two days after joining, yet you offer no examples of me shoving you "aside and taking over a conversation with bullshit". It would be interesting to know if you actually could offer an example, however, since the thing that you accuse me of, hasn't happened, it's very unlikely that you would be able.
Indeed, it may interest you to know that you have made just as many post as I have, in the same period of time.
So, what is your actual point? Do you just not like me? Presumably you are someone who has been a member before and was banned under your previous username.
As for others thinking that all I post is bullshit, their posts indicate otherwise: The Very Bloody Mary, The Bullshot, Roasted Garlic, Port and Stilton, An APB For Missing Modern Drunkardists are the last few threads that I've started. Others, you may notice, have started many more new threads.
As a moderator, here on the MDM Board, I mostly spend my time: correcting typos for links; banning spammers, adbots and spambots; answering questions put to me by PM or on The Board; etc. You can find out more about what moderators actually do, by clicking here.
The fact that I am slightly more prolific than the others, at the moment, is due to the fact that four of my co-moderators are on sabbatical, for various reasons, and another is part-time, plus one forum moderator on sabbatical and another forum moderator doing part-time MDM Board duties. This leaves two full-time and one part-time Global Moderators plus one full-time and one part-time Forum Moderator for the whole Board; this is hardly over moderation.
Finally, I should like to point out that none of us asked to become moderators, we were all appointed by FKR (Slurred Be His Name), the chap who publishes the Modern Drunkard magazine, and who supports and pays for this Board to exist. So do feel free to write to him to complain about the moderators in general or me, specifically.
Of course, you could just not bother to read anything that I write but you may well miss out on information that FKR (Slurred Be His Name) might want to spread among the members of this Board.
I await your response to these questions with keen interest, particularly examples of me shoving you "aside and taking over a conversation with bullshit".
Cheers,
P.
Your friendly neighbourhood moderator.
I took me three days to read your reply. At least I know how to get under your skin....The proof is in the pudding. Palinka, Palinka, Palinka, Palinka...I have to scroll back three weeks (longer than you say I have been a member) to find someone else. Palinka, Palinka, Palinka, why don't you have a Palinka section and free up some space here? Palinka, all I see is Palinka, Palinka, Palinkaaaaaaaaaa.............

It took you three days to read Palinka's reply? What, too many polysyllabic words? <== Sorry - that means big words - guess I should probably dumb down for ya.

Repeatedly typing somebody's board name is what, an insult or an incantation of some sort? You didn't come off as intimidating, you came off as a fuckin' loon.

And you are getting under no one's skin. What you are doing is parading your pathetic existence and addiction to attention, even when said attention is given merely to dress you down publicly. Unfortunately, as Mods, we are obligated to pay some attention to you, if only to highlight your stupidity to forewarn our board members. You are a sad little man who lives for nothing more than creating a new handle to post insipid shit. We will NEVER stop beating you back. My suggestion is to find another way to spend your useless existence on this planet. You ain't winning here, pal.
"I don't start the day. I continue the night."
- mistah willies

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields

Screwball
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: A half foot away from a cat's nutsack. I Gotta get the DevilKat Fixed!

Post by Screwball »

Why bitch about a forum that you just joined? If ya don't like it, don't come back.

Do like I do. Get Drunk and tell dick jokes.

Anybody Drinking here instead of me?

What do you call a woman who loves small dicks? Hopefully your girlfriend.