Your local weather reports

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Your local weather reports

Post by Lush City »

Well, I guess there is no one in Houston or SE TX on this board but our hearts are out to all of you. We've not seen the full extent of the damage by any measure, yet.

SoCal weather has been like a blast furnace with low humidity and high fire hazard. There will be convection storms tomorrow. Beaches about 90F and inland valleys 106+. Oh boohoo!

Get that A/C going and those drinks a pouring!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Give me some pils lives there, but that addict hasn`t been answering for months now. I hope his junkie ass floats*

*Nah love ya!
Drink!

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

USA Today reports that the weather in central California will be "HOT AS FUCK" and encourages people who live here to "...stay inside or, if you are an idiot, go outside and die..."
DRINK!

Ptflea2
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Ptflea2 »

Things here in Central Florida are getting pretty scary.

I've been in Orlando for 12 years and each summer we get 1 or 2 hurricane "warnings" but nobody seems to blink an eye. However, this one with Irma is something different. All/most of south Florida is being forced to evacuate and here locally, there seems to be a panic in the air. Huge lines for gas, lines at the grocery store, home depot, etc.......

I've of course got the bar fully stocked and hope the decision to ride it out is a wise one.

All of my tipsy Florida brothers and sisters out there........stay safe.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Ptflea2 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:22 am

I've been in Orlando for 12 years and each summer we get 1 or 2 hurricane "warnings" but nobody seems to blink an eye. However, this one with Irma is something different. All/most of south Florida is being forced to evacuate and here locally, there seems to be a panic in the air. Huge lines for gas, lines at the grocery store, home depot, etc.......

I've of course got the bar fully stocked and hope the decision to ride it out is a wise one.

Raising a glass to the southern tip of our nation. Here's to the health and well being of folks where you are. A report after the blow would be very good of you, if you please.

*clink*

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Ptflea2 wrote:

Right on, I think I would sit tight as well. Good luck man, sounds like you're doing it right. Canned goods and bottled goods...
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

mistah willies wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:51 am
Ptflea2 wrote:

Raising a glass to the southern tip of our nation. Here's to the health and well being of folks where you are. A report after the blow would be very good of you, if you please.

*clink*
Hear ye, hear ye!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Canned food and a stockpile of booze? Sounds like my normal weekend
Drink!

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

Dear Booze wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:21 am
USA Today reports that the weather in central California will be "HOT AS FUCK" and encourages people who live here to "...stay inside or, if you are an idiot, go outside and die..."
Plus it's been humid as hell this last week, at least in my neck of Central California. I'd gladly take the typical 100 degrees of dry heat over 90 degrees of humidity any day.

I can't complain about an extended summer though when the weather has been brutal in other parts of the country.

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

Chimneyfish wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:05 pm
Dear Booze wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:21 am
Plus it's been humid as hell this last week, at least in my neck of Central California. I'd gladly take the typical 100 degrees of dry heat over 90 degrees of humidity any day.

I can't complain about an extended summer though when the weather has been brutal in other parts of the country.
I believe we live in the same town. Fresno?
DRINK!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I got flushes of heavy rain for 5 minutes followed by 5 minutes of sun for the last week or so. When you go outside you have to time it perfectly
Drink!

Ptflea2
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Ptflea2 »

Thanks for the well wishes. That bitch Irma gave is a kick in the balls as we had our power out for 5 days......not a fun experience in Florida during the summer months, but it could have been much worse. So with no real damage done to the house and the family all safe and sound, my biggest concern now is our booze shortage.

Heading out now to the candy store to stock back up and enjoy the AC with cold beer, lots and lots of beer.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Ptflea2 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:54 am
Thanks for the well wishes. That bitch Irma gave is a kick in the balls as we had our power out for 5 days......not a fun experience in Florida during the summer months, but it could have been much worse. So with no real damage done to the house and the family all safe and sound, my biggest concern now is our booze shortage.

Heading out now to the candy store to stock back up and enjoy the AC with cold beer, lots and lots of beer.

Stoked to know you are all safe and sound. Now...go pillage for booze now and enjoy that A/C!
Okole maluna!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Artful Detective wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:07 am
Ptflea2 wrote:

Stoked to know you are all safe and sound. Now...go pillage for booze now and enjoy that A/C!
I'll drink to that. Thank you for letting us know your state of mind. Now about the state of drinking when there's no power for frosty cold beverages, or ice...

Dastardly business, that.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

mistah willies wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:20 pm
Artful Detective wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:07 am
Ptflea2 wrote:

I'll drink to that. Thank you for letting us know your state of mind. Now about the state of drinking when there's no power for frosty cold beverages, or ice...

Dastardly business, that.
I will drink to that too! Survival demands a few drinks at the end of the day. That's why it's important to stockpile and prep. Always have a stockpile of booze, food and water of course, before the lights go out.