Your local weather reports

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Your local weather reports

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Savage wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:02 am
I am now an official old lady. I feel cold, even in a warm house. Cardigans are my friends. Thems, and that nice brand new fox jacket I scored at the antique store that was going out of business. I blame the chemo and radiation crap. My hands are icy. Which is actually nice, for when I'm making pastry things. Anyway, the saying is "cold hands, warm heart." And I am nothing if not warm-hearted. I love you all. Come on over, and have some brownies and booze.

I need a cat.

sorry. random thought. Pandora died, and we haven't had a fur blob since.
What about fuzzy socks or furry slippers? Those are a must no matter what as I find my feet are always cold no matter what climate.

I would love to come over for some brownies, booze, and company! I'll bring my shawl in case it gets chilly.

I also need a cat. And a Pomeranian. (no papers are necessary, Dude). I feel deprived from my lack of fur therapy.
Okole maluna!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

I am seriously waiting for the cats to find us. Everywhere you live, there are homeless cats, looking for a cushy home. Except if your homestead is located on a former ranch, and the cats fled. They need to know that it is once again a safe haven. After Pandora died, I would put out little bowls of yummies, but suddenly, we moved. I don't know if that would work here as our entryway is long and darkish, so I would have to set out lures on the driveway, I guess. Our house has outdoor lights, but they are some kind of fancy, that you need an instruction manual to program, so basically, they don't work. Also, to go with our granite countertops and really nice cupboards, we have some nasty cheap appliances. We had to leave our good ones at the old house, so now I cook on a piece of poo that would have been disgusted with back in the early eighties.

Oh well. At least there is always booze. I console myself with this concoction:

1 oz. bourbon (I am rather partial to Makers Mark, but you do what you do)
1/2 oz. Amaretto (I used to loove this one in an oddly shaped bottle, but it disappeared from the market, so I guss the usual)
1/4 oz simple (1:1)
3 honking dashes of angostura bitters
Beat the hell (with your muddler wand) out of a swath of orange peel
Shake it all, or if you can't remember where the fragging shaker is, just stir, stir, stir, over ice.

This is rather good,though a bit sweet.
like tears in rain

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Okay actually, who am I kidding It's more like 2 or 3 oz. bourbon. Wartever.
like tears in rain

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Spring and winter in a cockfight
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

oettinger wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:11 am
Spring and winter in a cockfight
Sounds like the weather in my area. Hopefully spring will kick the shit out of winter.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:30 am
Savage wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:02 am
I am now an official old lady. I feel cold, even in a warm house. Cardigans are my friends. Thems, and that nice brand new fox jacket I scored at the antique store that was going out of business. I blame the chemo and radiation crap. My hands are icy. Which is actually nice, for when I'm making pastry things. Anyway, the saying is "cold hands, warm heart." And I am nothing if not warm-hearted. I love you all. Come on over, and have some brownies and booze.

I need a cat.

sorry. random thought. Pandora died, and we haven't had a fur blob since.
What about fuzzy socks or furry slippers? Those are a must no matter what as I find my feet are always cold no matter what climate.

I would love to come over for some brownies, booze, and company! I'll bring my shawl in case it gets chilly.

I also need a cat. And a Pomeranian. (no papers are necessary, Dude). I feel deprived from my lack of fur therapy.
I wear UGG slippers and a heavy robe over my jammies. I have a large quilt on my bed stuffed with saffron foam and heat insulating niceties. I tell you a few cocktails will warm you up!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Spring tomorrow they say, I`ll have to install the bumskito nets
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

oettinger wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:06 pm
Spring tomorrow they say, I`ll have to install the bumskito nets
Skeeters! If they bite you, they'll be flying around like a Boeing pilot on autopilot. They'll be flame-able too.

Do you have a cigarette lighter?

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

We've got a little drizzle today, just enough to rinse some of the bird shit off the cars.

You see, this is momentous in it's small sort of way, considering our precipitation has been in the form of snow for the past five months.

All drizzle shits and misty skied, it reminds me of Blade Runner weather, a good day for dark rum and drinking replicants under the table. Like rum in the rain.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Badfellow wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:51 am
We've got a little drizzle today, just enough to rinse some of the bird shit off the cars.

You see, this is momentous in it's small sort of way, considering our precipitation has been in the form of snow for the past five months.

All drizzle shits and misty skied, it reminds me of Blade Runner weather, a good day for dark rum and drinking replicants under the table. Like rum in the rain.
Time for a Skype. Dark clouds with furrowed foreheads, cold drizzle of black rum over the barrens.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

A relatively pleasant weekend will be followed by a week of mostly rain. At least it most likely won't be snowing.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

The weather in SoCal today is why everyone wants to live here. They keep spraying the skies with chemtrails but that's not keeping me from building my booze supply. Today was just a great day to walk down to the beach side pubs and get shitfaced.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

70 F and sunny today. Wednesday the forecast calls for 5-8 inches of snow with a high of 34. These rapid changes in weather would most certainly drive me crazy had I not lost my sanity years ago.

I'll be the guy on the front lawn drinking Black Velvet and giving the middle finger to the sky.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

buzzsaw
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by buzzsaw »

Savage wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:23 am
Okay actually, who am I kidding It's more like 2 or 3 oz. bourbon. Wartever.
Sexy avatar.... Poison ivy most likely but still a beauty out there i bet

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Badfellow wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:19 pm
70 F and sunny today. Wednesday the forecast calls for 5-8 inches of snow with a high of 34. These rapid changes in weather would most certainly drive me crazy had I not lost my sanity years ago.

I'll be the guy on the front lawn drinking Black Velvet and giving the middle finger to the sky.
While wearing a stained wife beater, a greasy bathrobe, and Lebowski jelly shoes yelling at neighborhood children to stay off your lawn.
Okole maluna!