Learn something every day

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Learn something every day

Post by mistah willies »

I watched the neighbor's kid when I was eleven. He was one of us neighborhood ruffians, and he was nine. Imagine that.

How did a boy find himself doing a girl's job? like this:

The boy's father got "fresh" with the babysitters a couple times, then word spread around. Back then, nothing was done about it. It was like a secret that everyone knew.

So he gets me to watch his son: "Dollar an hour. He'll be sleeping. Just watch TV and don't eat all the Entenmann's."

Hah? Watching Taxi and Hill Street Blues for pay?

Hell yes, I'd do it again, same price. But I'd bring a bottle with me of course.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Savage wrote:home of Disneyland
Been over there aged eight. It was so boring and horrible, back in the day pre wall-fall east germany was a better ride.
Poor people handing out tickets, extra for adults, "whats in that bagback", a "banana gun?", sir "are you sure you are from here"? Spell "popcorn" please then, you "dunno, what?"...
Drink!

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Today I learned that the female ghost in my house is named Marjorie. and she's a redhead and she smokes.
This is for real i even sensed this ghost and heard things but mianly when
I'd been drinking heavily but sometimes i heard shit and it made me go look like somebody says "HELLOO" right in your room and noone is there. She is pretty cool i said and the chick here said no she isnt cool she;s suckin the energy from you. I say well what could it be, she gets the combined energy of bourbon and weed and we all have a good time
and that seems to be the way it went down
cheers man i am fucked
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:Today I learned that the female ghost in my house is named Marjorie. and she's a redhead and she smokes.
This is for real i even sensed this ghost and heard things but mianly when
I'd been drinking heavily but sometimes i heard shit and it made me go look like somebody says "HELLOO" right in your room and noone is there. She is pretty cool i said and the chick here said no she isnt cool she;s suckin the energy from you. I say well what could it be, she gets the combined energy of bourbon and weed and we all have a good time
and that seems to be the way it went down
cheers man i am fucked
And you named your wife "Marjorie" exactly why?

Funny note: I got two bland russian gigs going, one is my future ex, the other puts me into the grave.
The former is making an art out of doing both to me. Still able to grab a healthy load of the latter while going drunk-nuts.
Drink!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

I learned today that 'made in China' gadgets for $9.95 probably don't work right out of the box and you need to hang on to that receipt. And watch out for those nose hair trimmers. They'll pull the hairs out by their follicles! Ouch!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Lush City wrote:I learned today that 'made in China' gadgets for $9.95 probably don't work right out of the box and you need to hang on to that receipt. And watch out for those nose hair trimmers. They'll pull the hairs out by their follicles! Ouch!

pulling hairs out from the inside of my nose will give me ingrown hairs= interior nose pimples.

Do not do this

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

mistah willies wrote:I watched the neighbor's kid when I was eleven. He was one of us neighborhood ruffians, and he was nine. Imagine that.

The boy's father got "fresh" with the babysitters a couple times, then word spread around. Back then, nothing was done about it. It was like a secret that everyone knew.

So he gets me to watch his son: "Dollar an hour. He'll be sleeping. Just watch TV and don't eat all the Entenmann's."

Hell yes, I'd do it again, same price. But I'd bring a bottle with me of course.
Also made/sold candles that looked like ice cream sundaes, cleaned houses, raked leaves, fetched soda for a fat old man who couldn't walk much, ran circuses in my backyard (little brother was every one of the animal acts), I forget what else. Didn't have a newspaper route, because girls couldn't do that back then (sheesh!) Yeah, and had a coupla perv daddies try to get funny with me. Eww. You. Are. So. Old. (hah, they were probably thirty, but that was incredibly elderly to me at the time.) Babysitting was great. After the little dears were asleep, Saturday night was mine. Carol Burnett, Mary Tyler Moore, Bob Newhart. Sunday afternoons, TZ reruns. Just me, a tv that required rabbit ears and my foot atop it to run, and all the Shasta soda my rotting teeth could handle.
like tears in rain

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Savage wrote:
mistah willies wrote:I watched the neighbor's kid when I was eleven. He was one of us neighborhood ruffians, and he was nine. Imagine that.

Also made/sold candles that looked like ice cream sundaes, cleaned houses, raked leaves, fetched soda for a fat old man who couldn't walk much, ran circuses in my backyard (little brother was every one of the animal acts), I forget what else. Didn't have a newspaper route, because girls couldn't do that back then (sheesh!) Yeah, and had a coupla perv daddies try to get funny with me. Eww. You. Are. So. Old. (hah, they were probably thirty, but that was incredibly elderly to me at the time.) Babysitting was great. After the little dears were asleep, Saturday night was mine. Carol Burnett, Mary Tyler Moore, Bob Newhart. Sunday afternoons, TZ reruns. Just me, a tv that required rabbit ears and my foot atop it to run, and all the Shasta soda my rotting teeth could handle.
I learned that "drunk-sitting" isn`t half as much fun as babysitting is
Drink!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

i drunk sit every night. make sure he's still breathing.
like tears in rain

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Savage wrote:...
In those days you could take the earnings made and deposit some of it in a bank account and get interest. It was possible to finance a college education by savings made as a kid. Today, forget about it!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

today, they'd investigate me for my deposits!
like tears in rain

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Savage wrote:today, they'd investigate me for my deposits!
Let them dry and they'll brush right out.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

BeerMakesMeSmart
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by BeerMakesMeSmart »

Sometimes 1.75L is not enough.
I'll miss you, pallie.

Fast Cast
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Fast Cast »

Too much of everything is just enough.
I just wish there were some actual drunkards around here who can handle themselves like adults while still acting like retards - liquor&poker

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

One more thing I just got to say.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice