Happy St Patrick's Day!

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Saint Fatpricks Day

Post by Artful Drunktective »

^ ^ ^Do I need to break out my excavating skills?
Okole maluna!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:50 pm
Do I need to break out my excavating skills?
I hear dwarves have mad excavating skills too.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Us true heathen dwarves do not acknowledge the travesty of St. Patrick and his book burning pagan hatred. Rid Ireland of the snakes...rid the world of us.
Okole maluna!

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

I've been shopping for a sea craft like this one, minus the shitty rock band, of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu2bgwcv43o

ScottMcG
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by ScottMcG »

ScottMcG wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:20 pm
What you all doing for Saint Fatprick's Day? I figured I'd have overcooked eggs tomorrow with undercooked bacon, a side of salmonella-flavored salad, and make out with drunk-ass college chicks. Oh, and walk in a parade.
St. Patrick's Day on a Saturday sucks. Way too many people, talking loudly, crowding the bar, and getting between me and the bartender. After finding every bar overcrowded, my friends and I piled into a car and landed back at my place where we got our drink on in the back patio. Pouring my own drink is so much better than waiting behind a weekend warrior ordering five green beers.
Amateur demolition derby on the carpeting afterward

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

^ ^ ^ There's been similar discussions on this very board about the same thing happening- on New Years Eve as well -aka "Amateur Hour". (Thank you Dear Booze and I believe Lush City who made the same observations). The nerve of these whippersnappers who really don't drink (or if they do, not very well) venture out in the world during holidays to our established watering holes and pretend they can drink! Every place turns into a trendy overrun college co-ed frat party drunk-fest where they anticipate their green beers and date rape drugs. AND they expect toilet paper in the restrooms....What madness is this?!

Every true drunkard knows that getting wasted and roofied on some other drunkards back patio is way more preferable any day of the year. Sláinte!
Okole maluna!

ScottMcG
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by ScottMcG »

Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:57 pm
The nerve of these whippersnappers who really don't drink (or if they do, not very well) venture out in the world during holidays to our established watering holes and pretend they can drink!
Every time I bitch about this subject, my coworkers and acquaintances give me that look. So, now I just mutter into my whiskey.
Amateur demolition derby on the carpeting afterward

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Bacchus bless us all! Sláinte!

Okole maluna!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Happy St Patrick's Day!

In lieu of celebrating the luck o' the Irish and gettin' smashed, there's a lot of funny clips on YouTube of Irish people drinking a bunch of 'murrican stuff for the first time. A wee bit entertaining. I'm pretty sure the Dermot character is a relative of Mista Willies...speakin' of the Irish folk. There are many many clips of them drinking random shit but here are a few good ones. (There's also separate clips of them eating 'murrican food too which can be quite humorous as well). Sláinte!

Irish People Try America's Strongest Alcohol (95%, 190 Proof)

Irish People Trying America's Strongest Cocktails

Irish People Trying American Bourbon For The First Time

Irish People Trying TJD
Okole maluna!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Post by Nausea »

Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:33 am
Bacchus bless us all! Sláinte!

I like this toast. Anyways, happy St. Patrick's day!

I'm proud to have it as my middle name.

I would drink something Irish to celebrate, but I've got a surplus of WT101 that needs depleting.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Another good one.

Okole maluna!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:35 pm
In lieu of celebrating the luck o' the Irish and gettin' smashed, there's a lot of funny clips on YouTube of Irish people drinking a bunch of 'murrican stuff for the first time. A wee bit entertaining. I'm pretty sure the Dermot character is a relative of Mista Willies...speakin' of the Irish folk. There are many many clips of them drinking random shit but here are a few good ones. (There's also separate clips of them eating 'murrican food too which can be quite humorous as well). Sláinte!

Irish People Trying TJD
You know, when I watched the first video, I thought, "What a bunch of f***ing lightweights. I am so sorry that the descendants of some of my ancestors have so dropped the ball.
like tears in rain

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Savage wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:15 am
You know, when I watched the first video, I thought, "What a bunch of f***ing lightweights. I am so sorry that the descendants of some of my ancestors have so dropped the ball.
Perhaps some of us 'murricans have evolved from our Ireland ancestors and maybe Irish 'murrican's are more hardcore?

In their defense, I'm a drunkard and a wee bit Irish but I couldn't do any of the shots. Period. Especially no bourbon or whiskies. They did a better job than I ever would have.
Okole maluna!

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:35 pm

Irish People Trying TJD
I watched all of these and was amazed that those Irish folks were taken aback by our booze. I firmly believe that the producers of these videos chose non-drinking nerds as "subjects."

I also watched the food sampling videos, as referenced. WTF? Biscuits and Gravy isn't a world-wide thing? I believe grits can be a little rough, but biscuits and gravy? Come on, it's one of the best things on the planet.
DRINK!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Dear Booze wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:48 pm

I watched all of these and was amazed that those Irish folks were taken aback by our booze. I firmly believe that the producers of these videos chose non-drinking nerds as "subjects."

I also watched the food sampling videos, as referenced. WTF? Biscuits and Gravy isn't a world-wide thing? I believe grits can be a little rough, but biscuits and gravy? Come on, it's one of the best things on the planet.
***Edited post
I don't think they are non-drinkers at all but I bet they are usually pounding the beers instead. Pretty sure the Irish are a bunch of beer slammers at the pubs. After watching a lot more videos, they are taking multiple shots of assorted alcohols and most of them are pretty composed. Even the ones that hate it still drink it. I sure as shit wouldn't be. To be fair (and in regards to Savage's post too)... despite being a self-proclaimed drunkard, there's no way I can handle the bourbon and whiskey. Not even one shot. I'd be face down on the table in a matter of seconds unless I'm projectile vomiting instead.
I actually think they did pretty well - especially that Ciara chick holy hell she can down those shots without blinking an eye. Definitely not amateurs. I couldn't do any of the shots they did (well, at least these days) but I could however, hold my own in the cocktail rounds.

I saw the biscuit and gravy one. I was so disappointed they didn't like that! I remember a Dutch friend of mine back in 'murrica also thought it was the most disgusting concoction. Sadly, it's not a world-wide thing. "Gene" (aka oett) had never heard of it before until I made it but he at least loves it
Okole maluna!