how to raise the low the attendance here.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

givemesomepils
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: how to raise the low the attendance here.

Post by givemesomepils »

how about an online drinking contest.

idk maybe to many people would get alcohol poisoning.

either way it would be fun.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." hunter s. thompson god rest his soul

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

How about a resurgence of the "SLB" thread?!?!?!
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

SLB? Sex, Lies and Booze thread? Sounds fun.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Hmm, just how much booze would it take, to send me into the alcohol poisoning zone? And when I try to find out, should I send my results to the good folks at Consumer Reports magazine?
like tears in rain

givemesomepils
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by givemesomepils »

Savage wrote:Hmm, just how much booze would it take, to send me into the alcohol poisoning zone? And when I try to find out, should I send my results to the good folks at Consumer Reports magazine?
no the results should be annualized all the top medical research facilities.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." hunter s. thompson god rest his soul

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Savage wrote:Hmm, just how much booze would it take, to send me into the alcohol poisoning zone? And when I try to find out, should I send my results to the good folks at Consumer Reports magazine?
This could be some very tasty web material. You could agree to wire yourself up to some hi tech medial equipment monitoring your vital signs while toasting with the big dogs. In a clinical setting they could monitor your intake and produce output from their funny little machines. That would really get a lot of page hits for Consumer's. Make sure you get paid by those Ralph Nader clones. But find some way to make the traffic come through here. That's the booze challenge!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

μεθύστακας
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by μεθύστακας »

I actually see a couple of mighty fine suggestions here. Maybe one or two that can't be realistically employed, but, whatever DID happen with that Modern Drunken movie? To some extent I believe it's as much about retention as anything. No matter what, a certain number of forum participants are going to fall by the wayside over time. But I do believe there are ways to minimize that some. Keep things active, interesting and relatively intelligent (to whatever extent that is possible). Don't drive people away. I am Facebook friends with, I can safely say, at least a dozen former participants here (going back 8-10 years) that haven't been seen here for quite some time. Remember Dez? Cheffie? Linkster? The couple from Wales? Happy Drunk? That Girl? Nic The Chick? Red? June Goddess? Ivan? Gin McGuiness? I received an email from Dale a short time back. Remember him? Dale/President Dale? The guy who always used Jack Nicholson photos for his profile pic? He said something about having banned HIMSELF from here after, I guess, attempting to re-integrate himself perhaps and somehow getting put off. Get over your love affair with hating Ript and be more tolerant and genuinely welcoming and embracing or your fellow drunkards, shortcomings and all.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

And whatever became of Daphne?

Seriously, is it going to come down to two or three or five of us (you know who I'm talking about, youse guys), wrestling to lower the flag and racing to be the one to turn out the lights?
like tears in rain

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Marion Ravenwood wrote: Get over your love affair with hating Ript and be more tolerant and genuinely welcoming and embracing or your fellow drunkards, shortcomings and all.
For those of you who weren't there, RIPT is someone who threatened some board members of shooting them, took pictures of the house and wife of others and has overall been inconceivably unpleasant to basically everyone else. Sure, let's do that, let's be nice and tolerant to the guy who wishes some death and stalks on others... Fine idea there.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Ript, Ript? (struggles with memory--being over fifty is a bitch) My dear French person, let us put unpleasant things aside, and instead discuss more important matters, such as, what wine goes with a steak sandwich?
like tears in rain

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Savage wrote:, what wine goes with a steak sandwich?
Anything that comes in a three litre jug that you buy at CVS. I would reccomend Rossi burgundy.
Patchez wrote:SLB?
something something boobs
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Screwball
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: A half foot away from a cat's nutsack. I Gotta get the DevilKat Fixed!

Post by Screwball »

I just want to know where the Fuck did Screwball go?

That Dude was the Coolest!! WOOT!! Fucking handsome, too!!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

frankennietzsche wrote:
Savage wrote:, what wine goes with a steak sandwich?
Anything that comes in a three litre jug that you buy at CVS. I would reccomend Rossi burgundy.
You stole my grocery list!
like tears in rain

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

Marion Ravenwood wrote:...whatever DID happen with that Modern Drunken movie?...
I saw you mentioned the movie.

From everything I've read, including a thread I made about this, the movie DID get made. The issue is Frank is a very busy and important man and it never quite made it to release-quality. I emailed him directly a couple months ago, by either willies' or patches' suggestion, but never got a reply.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Frank is actually an animatronic creation. He was created to drink, and record the effects. We have learned so much from him. A drinking machine, that never passes out, and has the power of beautiful blue eyes (the better to seduce strange women into buying him drinks), he goes ever forth, to better our knowledge of drunkage. No, wait...he really does not exist. He is merely a creation of a maniacal old man who, locked in a closet in a sanity-cleansing institution far away, feebly types away on an ancient Smith Corona, praying that someday, Santa will come, and loose him from his bonds, and give him chocolate and some Hot Wheels.
Last edited by Savage on Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
like tears in rain