Absinthe and Tom Waits

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Absinthe and Tom Waits

Post by shawnonious »

Hey guys. I fell back ONTO the wagon for a week or two after a night involving a sleepover in a County jail fueled by beer and dirt races. I can share if anybody is actually interested. It's nothing too spectacular, mostly just false accusation. Anyways, I had homebrew last couple of nights, but tonight, I decided to take the dive back off the wagon in a real way. I got myself a bottle of absinthe. It was purchased here in the States, so I assume I won't get a wormwood high, but still, it's ABSINTHE. I just did the full dripping water through the cube ritual (made my own shitty cubes because my grocery store doesn't have cubes). I turned out the lights and lit a candle, hoping to channel the fairy with the little bit of wormwood that's surely here. And I think it's working. This stuff is absolutely delicious. My next step is to try it out on the rocks with a splash of water for pace to get a feel for the full nuances of absinthe. What are all of you up to?
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

Fabricsoftner
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Absinthe and Tom Waits

Post by Fabricsoftner »

Tom Waits is drunkard 101 imo
<@Riddeford> lying on the ground laughing then going to get drunk on a pier. isn't what was fabric was born to do?

<apE> if theyd spend half as much time drinking as they do bitching, itd all be good

<@Fabric> Pint: why do I feel like shit?
<%pint> Fabric: people

<@fiyah> you're unemployed and drunk, you have no standards

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

Oh yes, I discovered him even before I discovered imbiding. Tom's accompanied me on many trips into the breach.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

I don't wanna grow up.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

Patchez wrote:I don't wanna grow up.
Nothin' ever seems to turn out right, and I don't wanna grow up

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

THE song I shall live by.

They say if you don't grow up by the time you are 50, you don't have to. Three years to go and I'm GOLDshalager!

MEAT!
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by MEAT! »

You had my attention at the title........
“Always carry a large flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.” -W.C.Fields

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

I'm going round two again tonight. It's nearly 3 am and I need to be lucid and mentally collected by 3pm. Doing tutoring over the summer since I did shitty over the school year. Here's to riding out this absinthe wave for a little longer than hopefully sleeping well enough to not hangover.

Not helped by the fact that our water main broke and won't be fixed until tomorrow afternoon or evening. Luckily I picked up gallon jugs of water.

The absinthe drunk, even with the American style stuff with basically no Thujone, is markedly different. I spent most of my night bouncing over to my programming IDE to work on a website I've been developing. I can't say much yet, but eventually, I think you drunkards will love the service it will provide. Was going to be an app, but I'm doing a website proof of concept first because android development really sucks. Somehow, I was cohesive throughout. I had bugs that were really elusive, but somehow seemed to solve themselves as I fiddled with the code (absinthe working for me?) I found I was able to focus much better than a normal drunk, and still have my mental cohesiveness. I don't know, it may be placebo, but the absinthe drunk is just so much different. I still feel 100% mentally here, can focus on things, can still work through logic (programming), and in the morning, (at least, this morning) my memory isn't fucked. I black out really easily despite constant training, and had no holes in my memory when I woke up this morning.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Wormwood, that is a concept, but is it really an idea? Or is it a lifestyle?

Whenever there is a ritual of preparation for intoxication, well... it perks me ears up.

Some raise a chalice and a wafer of unleavened bread each Sunday, and good for you. Get your Jesus on, if that is what you pursue. No harsh form the likes of this here ole rummie.

If you warm up your spoon and have to melt something and then use a stick; then there are better forums than this for your pursuit. We work here to keep this legal thing continue to remain legal.. We are the last hold out against them DRYs. Fuck them.

If you buy your tickets, and you dream of everything you will buy for yourself, as well for others you know, and you share your dreams with them, and then you hold it in your desperate, sweaty palms as you watch the lotto balls drop, then enjoy your momentary rush. The comedown is harsh. My dream is truly answered each time I open a bottle. it never fails. It is a guaranteed win, each and every time.

Yet, each of these are rituals for our gods. We engage in them to elevate the experience, to make it that much more important and powerful, and enjoyable.

That is why there is a shaker, a specific glass, a collection of gins and vermouths and bitters, and accoutrement of olives and onions, and toothpicks for the classy time.

It is style.

Ritual is simply style.

What is your style?

Hey, I'm not a hoity toity. I'm necking a Kraken bottle right now, because it makes its own gravy. But my higher power has many clothes, and she wears each of them quite pretty.

Cheers to you, in whatever you pursue. Yes indeed.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

tell us more about the app. Liquor Run had such promise when I first heard of it. The concept was you could type in or use your location function and it would tell you where you could get hooch, automatically droping any you couldn't get to by the time they closed. It would have been a traveling drunkards dream.

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

information undrunkedly redacted and withheld until I deploy it
Last edited by shawnonious on Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Cool if it works. Talk to Palinka and make a free add for MDM maybe?

But so far mine says there`s a raunchy party in siberia whith hitler, it needs it`s final touches I know-

And I won`t steal anything that I can`t remember, trust me. Need a rolex?
Drink!