More TV shows seem to be embracing our beloved Booze

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Frankennietzsche, Bur, ThirstyDrunk

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

More TV shows seem to be embracing our beloved Booze

Post by Patchez »

I have noticed over the last few years that there are more TV shows involved with or down right based on boozing.

It seemed to start a few years ago with Spike's late night Drinking Made Easy with Zane Lamprey. He has since moved onto another drinkccentric show called Chug.

Since that show there seems to have been an explosion of booze related shows, Booze Traveller, Best Bars in America( a show based on Dave "Bless his Besotted Heart" Wondrich's List), Brew Dogs and some others I can't recall this far into my cups.

All I'm saying is it gives me hope for the future of booze. We still have a tremendous, titanic struggle against the drys so don't stop the fight. It just seems we have a few more on our side.

Cheer!
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: More TV shows seem to be embracing our beloved Booze

Post by Mr. Viking »

it was inevitable really
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Once "Modern Drunkard Magazine" (or to be more precise, "The 86 Rules of Boozing") featured on "Jeopardy" it was, as Mr. Viking so eloquently put it, inevitable.

However, we should not rest upon our laurels but instead use this as an opportunity to raise awareness of Modern Drunkardism even further. So, my superb siblings in spiritous substances, now is the time to go forth and proselytise. Go print yourself up some business cards that feature the web addresses for both The Board, The Main Site, The Brutal Hammer (for the truth behind the stories that that are spun mainstream press) and The Modern Drunkard Shop (for subscriptions and Modern Drunkard gear.

Now is our time to shine, once more. With a little pressure we could see a return to the "Three Martini Lunch!"

So, ladies, gentlemen, chaps and chappesses, go and spread the good words and better cocktails. Hell, why not print up a page (or two) of some of the recipies to your favourite cocktails and some of the recipies to cocktails that have been posted on this fine Board (without forgetting to list at least one, preferably the main, website address for Modern Drunkard) and surreptitiously put them in to your neighbours mailboxes, leave them on your colleagues desks, leave them in coffee bars; or any other way you can think of spreading the word.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I`ve noticed that in some comedy shows drink is acceptable again. I once woke up on a monday morning at 5 a.m. with the TV on and Courteney Cox drinks all the time in Cougar Town to my surprise. Yet it was not at all drunkardism stuff. And Charlie Sheen, nuff said. But comedy only please...!

At the same time our evil enemies are just beginning to track us down and start their attack. Ever heard of these apple watches, sending your vital records to your insurance company? That is horrible. Just wait for the day a refusal to wear one equals you illegaly hiding some bad behaviour or some deadly disease
Drink!

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

oettinger wrote:...these apple watches, sending your vital records...[of]...some bad behaviour or some deadly disease
Such a device would overload and explode (or meltdown) by merely being in your proximity.
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Palinka wrote:
oettinger wrote:...these apple watches, sending your vital records...[of]...some bad behaviour or some deadly disease
Such a device would overload and explode (or meltdown) by merely being in your proximity.
That's a sound plan Palinka. We should all strive to be so loaded that the devices cease to work as advertised. Fuck our corporate masters.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Patchez wrote:
Palinka wrote:
That's a sound plan Palinka. We should all strive to be so loaded that the devices cease to work as advertised. Fuck our corporate masters.
Apple watch sending out data:
Saturday:
The person in question is committing suicide in a bar by whisky-bottling.
Sunday:
The suicide is still going. Person must be really desperate to die.
Monday:
Person should be dead by now. No signs of life.
Shit it`s walking, apple watch is confused, will explode in 3, 2, apple watch got flushed down in the toilet
Drink!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Palinka I was in no way suggesting we rest on our laurels. I was simply encouraging others to keep up the fight. Consider it propaganda suggesting we are winning and keep the struggle up.

oldsmartskunk
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by oldsmartskunk »

Palinka wrote:
Let's be honest here. I got some warning for my posts and i agree to some of those, but what i have noticed that Palinka on numerous occasions is stalking oettinger, commenting on his posts in a humiliating manner. I find this not an approapriate behaviour for any member, especially not for a moderator. Whathever issues you might have with our beloved German drunk, try to keep it private. It is getting unpleasant to read those.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

oldsmartskunk wrote:
Palinka wrote:
Let's be honest here. I got some warning for my posts and i agree to some of those, but what i have noticed that Palinka on numerous occasions is stalking oettinger, commenting on his posts in a humiliating manner. I find this not an approapriate behaviour for any member, especially not for a moderator. Whathever issues you might have with our beloved German drunk, try to keep it private. It is getting unpleasant to read those.
It`s lovely that you play devils advocate but It`s all fun and games. No feelings are hurt. The only thing that leaves some bad taste is that empty vodka bottle sitting on my desk.
Btw I hope your date at the beach is going well and you get loaded having it.
Drink!

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Since you seem determined to have this conversation in public, please allow me to point out a couple of things:
olďsmartskunk wrote:...I got some warning for my posts...
You were never "warned". You were asked, politely and privately, to tone-down some of your posts because they were offensive. However, you have chosen to keep this going, in public.
olďsmartskunk wrote:Whathever issues you might have with our beloved German drunk, try to keep it private. It is getting unpleasant to read those.
oettinger wrote:...It`s all fun and games. No feelings are hurt...
You should probably check with the person, for whom you are getting all bent out of shape, that they want and/or need your help. oettinger has been part of our Skype group since before you joined, and has been to the UK to stay at mine (alongside some other magnificent and well-known Modern Drunkardis8ts), where a blast was had and a bond was formed.

In summation, I know that you sre pissed off at me for asking you to tone down some of your more outre
posts but that really doesn't give you the right to use someone else as a catspaw. So, I suggest that you follow your own advice and either continue this discussion in private or not at all.

Happy drinking!
ドロンケン
ImageImage

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

oettinger wrote:...Btw I hope your date at the beach is going well and you get loaded having it.
Wait, what beach is he going to visit, and will he and his date wear the same shexxy Speedos?

May your lube never dry out, you crazy Lithuanian man

Cheers!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Patchez wrote:I have noticed over the last few years that there are more TV shows involved with or down right based on boozing.

It seemed to start a few years ago with Spike's late night Drinking Made Easy with Zane Lamprey. He has since moved onto another drinkccentric show called Chug.

Since that show there seems to have been an explosion of booze related shows, Booze Traveller, Best Bars in America( a show based on Dave "Bless his Besotted Heart" Wondrich's List), Brew Dogs and some others I can't recall this far into my cups.

All I'm saying is it gives me hope for the future of booze. We still have a tremendous, titanic struggle against the drys so don't stop the fight. It just seems we have a few more on our side.
o
Cheer!
Twas ever thus. When business is good people drink when business is bad they drink even more. It's all about bread and circuses keeping the people fat, dumb and happy.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Bubblez
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Bubblez »

I agree with Patchez. Mad Men brought back the cocktail to America. Subtly suggesting that loaded was, and is the way to make money. Small victories in a war of attrition. So not "all" boozing is contained in comedies. some in new games shows such as geeks who drink. Not forward and outright drunkardism, but enough to make it seem less evil than the drys make it out. Dave Attells up all night not withstanding. so keep it up, do what Palinka suggested, spread the word. I for one have started calling out like minded individuals on FB with the link to the home page.
What would you rather do—leave a beautiful corpse, or a scorched Earth? Don’t live fast and die young. Live long and die hard.¸

—Sarah Szabo

I'm all for a scorched Earth policy. -- Me

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Lush City wrote:Twas ever thus.
Quite so, LC.

Here is a clip of Buster Keaton playing drunk.

A drunk, animated, reindeer singing very badly.

Germany's favourite short film, featuring, Freddie Frinton, in, "Dinner for One".
ドロンケン
ImageImage