USA HBE

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

USA HBE

Post by NYDingbat »

It's already Thanksgiving! Even though we play pretty fast and loose with the deadline, if we're gonna do this, we should think about gettin' shit started if we're gonna do it.

I'm still waiting on my goodies from last year. That shit ain't right - I know we don't have to have shit to each other by Christmas - but nothin' as of the following Thanksgiving? That's fucked. This shit has gotta be punishable by somethin' or other.
"I don't start the day. I continue the night."
- mistah willies

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Fuck! Are we doin' an HBE this year?

Post by mistah willies »

Indeed. This is a tradition that stands above and beyond religions and time frames of some human-imposed time constriction upon the nature of the Modern Drunkardists.

We simply need someone who has the tenacity and know-how to collect email addresses, and send reminders privately. It's quite enjoyable. send something form the area in which you DRINK! and share it with one of us who chooses to participate.

Oops, didn't mean to sound like I have anything other than free booze for someone else, to offer here...

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

I'd do it but due to the usual reasons I'll make a Euro HBE thread instead
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Do you live in Muurica?
Mr. Viking wrote:...
Do you like booze?

Do you want to join in the Christmas spirit?

If you answered yes to any of these questions you should join the Holiday Booze Exchange.

I will put your names into a hat (or other suitable receptacle) and draw pairs. I will send you the details of this lucky person and you send them boozy christmas gifts. You will in turn be sent boozy gifts from another participant

Essentially a secret santa for the board.

I will make the cutoff for inclusion the 10th of December, two weeks from now.

I'll do this for you 'Murricanese, Trvst.

givemesomepils
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by givemesomepils »

I want to do this I think i could find some local-ish booze. I just need to make sure I don't forget, and am not to selfish with my booze money.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." hunter s. thompson god rest his soul

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

I'd be up for this again.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: USA HBE

Post by mistah willies »

Damned fine! Mr. Viking and I welcome each of you to participate, in our respective continents and Islands. There is no minimal amount to participate. Maximum number of Modern Drunkards is always encouraged, in everything we do, together, as a Tribe.

Your personal messages to us will not be shared with anyone. These will be written down and then your PM will be eradicated. Internet forces cannot see these things (Looking at you, Lush City, unless they were to join FRK's forum for us, and I have not seen any ISP locations from such bastards).

The more, the merrier.

DRINK!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

PM sent.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by NYDingbat »

Mistah Willies, you are a gentleman and a scholar. I'm sure you are also running the HBE this year so you ensure that I get you as my recipient, as I did last year and spoiled you rotten. Only Thirsty could outdo me in the HBE department.
- mistah willies

- W.C. Fields

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

NYDingbat wrote:It's already Thanksgiving! Even though we play pretty fast and loose with the deadline, if we're gonna do this, we should think about gettin' shit started if we're gonna do it.

I'm still waiting on my goodies from last year. That shit ain't right - I know we don't have to have shit to each other by Christmas - but nothin' as of the following Thanksgiving? That's fucked. This shit has gotta be punishable by somethin' or other.

Surreal has a lot to answer for!
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Bluto wrote:
NYDingbat wrote:It's already Thanksgiving! Even though we play pretty fast and loose with the deadline, if we're gonna do this, we should think about gettin' shit started if we're gonna do it.

Ya know, Bluto, the position is still open if you feel festivusal

If you'd like to leave off this time, cool. Let's see how I mess this up

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by NYDingbat »

Bluto wrote:

Is that who had me?? After I hosted that bastard at the MWI?? (Though he did cook a deeelicious breakfast for everybody one of the days.) Hmph. I've certainly slipped a few rungs on the Surreal ladder. He's left meetings at work to take my calls. Now I don't get an HBE. >sniff<
- mistah willies

- W.C. Fields

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

NYDingbat wrote:
Bluto wrote:

Is that who had me?? After I hosted that bastard at the MWI?? (Though he did cook a deeelicious breakfast for everybody one of the days.) Hmph. I've certainly slipped a few rungs on the Surreal ladder. He's left meetings at work to take my calls. Now I don't get an HBE. >sniff<
Oh, I'll take care of ya. It's kind of like reciprocation, except that it's more like appreciation for the finer drinks of life.

Ya done spoilt this here drunkard injun for some good Martinis.

My blessing is not a curse.

DRINK!

^ ^ ^

(Like an olive color)

Bubblez
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Bubblez »

I'm ininn what is required of me?
What would you rather do—leave a beautiful corpse, or a scorched Earth? Don’t live fast and die young. Live long and die hard.¸

—Sarah Szabo

I'm all for a scorched Earth policy. -- Me

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Bubblez wrote:I'm ininn what is required of me?

Like a clear drink:

PM me your delivery address.

I'll pick names out of the MDM fez, and you will be notified via PM who your recipient will be.

No one knows from whom they will be receiving their gift.

Something form their own neck o' the bottle.

Cheers!