Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Starting the celebration early

Post by Savage »

Well, the annual Thanksgiving dental crown fallout commenced last night, and of course, as always, my slackass dentist will not be working until Monday. At least it didn't happen during Turkey day dinnertime, in front of people who were trying to eat without gagging, and I was drinking a large Kentucky tonic at the time, so I suppose the alcohol sanitized the area. I suppose I'm lucky it didn't happen just before Yule (like it did a couple of years ago), as dear dentist pretty much takes the entire Christmas season off. Must be nice, having a trust fund. Anyway, hold my calls. I, and my deformed dentition, will be in the kitchen, with my hand up a turkey's butt, drinking some of this:

Holiday Morning Cheer
One section of orange peel, studded with whole cloves. Boil with water, add tea, steep 3-5 minutes. Cool down a bit with 2 oz. bourbon. Some people (Grumpy) add honey at this point, but not me. I'm sweet enough already. (snork)
like tears in rain

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Re: Starting the celebration early

Post by Mr Boozificator »

I'd like to do at least one Thanksgiving in my life. It's one of those occasions when you are not only entitled but also encouraged to get drunk and I never could take part in it.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

go for it, boozy. it's tomorrow. make sure people know you're celebrating thanksgiving, if they ask, too. if you like it, there's a canadian one in october or some nonsense, too.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

The in-laws are poised to descend and do away with my precious booze, and I've been ordered inside this year instead of my tradional outside Turkey smoking.

Thank God for HDTV and he Lions-Packers game.

By 4PM I should be driving the short bus to Hammeredtown.

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

just got an out-of-the-blue offer of a d.d. tomorrow!

cheers, all!
Stupid should hurt.

--ThirstyDrunk

Judge

Post by Judge »

The turkey is finishing up its 5 day thaw. All the sausages are ready for cooking to become a part of the stuffing. Ruiner has delivered my Weber that I keep at his house. The car is out of the garage and the cooking station is almost ready. Put up another 60 beers to be ready for basting and (well) self basting. Wife cleaned the house (rediculous as soon as the brood gets here its trashed).

I'm ready for a morning/early afternoon of standing around the garage watching over the turkey being roasted over coals, watching football on the 13" garage TV just over the refrigerator full of beer. At some time I'll go inside to see what football looks like on the big screen plasma but seeing the house full of relatives, I'll retreat to the sactuary of the car house.

I always hear about how good the food is. I'm told I eat some of it but mostlly I just black out by the time the bird is done.

Knocked off at 3......not much longer for this night.

Happy Thanksgiving.
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

fiyah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by fiyah »

Is this early enough?

22:21 Thirsty i was too drunk to be high
[13:22] <@Veen> I need to find the penis monster
[23:03] <@fabric> dont masturbate to me

fiyah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by fiyah »

Yesterday I got a bird for thanksgiving dinner :

22:21 Thirsty i was too drunk to be high
[13:22] <@Veen> I need to find the penis monster
[23:03] <@fabric> dont masturbate to me

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

Judge wrote:The turkey is finishing up its 5 day thaw. All the sausages are ready for cooking to become a part of the stuffing. Ruiner has delivered my Weber that I keep at his house. The car is out of the garage and the cooking station is almost ready. Put up another 60 beers to be ready for basting and (well) self basting. Wife cleaned the house (rediculous as soon as the brood gets here its trashed).

I'm ready for a morning/early afternoon of standing around the garage watching over the turkey being roasted over coals, watching football on the 13" garage TV just over the refrigerator full of beer. At some time I'll go inside to see what football looks like on the big screen plasma but seeing the house full of relatives, I'll retreat to the sactuary of the car house.

I always hear about how good the food is. I'm told I eat some of it but mostlly I just black out by the time the bird is done.

Knocked off at 3......not much longer for this night.

Happy Thanksgiving.
This... was once mine.

My consolation this morning is the best bacon bloody I've ever had, and being able to set up a full bar.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Thanksgiving panic

Post by Savage »

The Grumpy slept through the alarm, and so had to take my car to work. HELL-FUCKING-O! It is the Tuesday before the Thursday-giving! So now, my elderly parents did not get taken care of, I have not purchased the veggies and fruit and so forth and so on for our TDAY feast. AAARGH! And, we have no damn bourbon. I bet any jury in the USA would exonerate me.

I'm firing up the chainsaw.
like tears in rain

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

turkey day

Post by Wingman »

happy thanksgiving, all!

so in thanksgivings past, i've made the--admittedly rookie--mistake of eating too much to get a nice buzz on. and i do love gorging on great food, so this is not actually a big problem, but i don't plan to let this year go in this fashion. the m.i.l. bought me a bottle of maker's mark and a for my stay, and the f.i.l. brings over a bottle of sailor for the spiced cider!

gotta run, but have a great one, drunks!
Stupid should hurt.

--ThirstyDrunk

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Re: turkey day

Post by Smatter Noguts »

A crushing hangover, 30 potatoes to peel, and 38 of my wife's relatives arriving in 1/2 hour.

I am beginning recovery with a Irish coffee, in tribute to Brian Kelly.

BeerMakesMeSmart
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by BeerMakesMeSmart »

As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
I'll miss you, pallie.

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

Wild Turkeys can, WKRP notwithstanding.

Switching to Ranger IPA.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

In your face, welcoming native Americans!
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"