Moderating

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Moderating

Post by mistah willies »

As you may have noticed, Palinka perished.

That is why he doesn't link interesting finds form the archives anymore. But instead of commiserating his dear-parture, as well his solid rule with an iron glove,

Keep in mind that we are not lost alone, floating aimlessly about in the wild ocean with no one to guide the boat.

Fear not.

There are those of us who wear green in our monikers, and we monitor the board almost by the minute.

In this new era of the mighty Forum of the Modern Drunkard Magazine (friggin subscribe, you slacker!) we have decided to allow this board to be moderated with two things, which are these:

1. Allow no spam/advertisements/ bandwidth stealers. Ever.

2. Welcoming spirit to newcomers. We may bemoan the loss of our old friends, but in the face of facebokk and all the other massive sites that compete for the internet sailor's attention and time,

We hold true to one single purpose: DRINK!

That is our foundation, our social adhesive, our reason for being.

Moderating in such a style will allow others to become part of our clan, our Tribe, and not feel like they have missed the boat.

We lead by example.

Please show us all how you do it, each of you. Contribute good writing with a purpose to elucidate.

Please restrain form crying over spilled ashtrays...

Let's fucking DRINK! together and continue onward and upward.

It's all we ever had, and all we ever will have, together.

To the Ocean Above!

Sláinte you salty Mutha Modern Drunkards.

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Re: Moderating

Post by TheDrunkardAnglo »

I once spilled my White Russian into both my ashtray and tobacco draw. I didn't cry but I did shout "son of a Carpathian whore!" very loudly. It took me two days clean up.

Its reassuring to know that we have our friendly neighbourhood drunkard paragons to protect us from the rivers of shit e.g. Spambot golf and trainer/sneaker salesmen.

Keep up the good work chaps!

Cheers!
Major Strasser: What is your nationality?
Rick: I'm a drunkard.
Captain Renault: That makes Rick a citizen of the world.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

Herman wrote:I once spilled my White Russian into both my ashtray and tobacco draw.
I vomited in my tobacco drawer, and forgot about it by the next morning. It was unpleasant later in the week when I realised
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

George and I drink Moderatly, and I have a case of it out in my car.

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Mr. Viking wrote:
Herman wrote:I once spilled my White Russian into both my ashtray and tobacco draw.
I vomited in my tobacco drawer, and forgot about it by the next morning. It was unpleasant later in the week when I realised

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by NYDingbat »

As a member with a green moniker, I concur with my fellow Mod, the inimitable mistah willies. I will admit, during this critical presidential season I will be more absent than present. However, I shall do my level best to keep all of you safe from hawkers of golf cleats, hot water heaters and schlong enhancing pharmaceuticals. Please drink amongst yourselves 'til I'm back full time. Slainte!
"I don't start the day. I continue the night."
- mistah willies

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

NYDingbat wrote: Please drink amongst yourselves 'til I'm back full time. Slainte!
Really you trust this bunch to be left to it's own devices?

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

NYDingbat wrote:However, I shall do my level best to keep all of you safe from hawkers of golf cleats, hot water heaters and schlong enhancing pharmaceuticals Slainte!
Don't worry about schlong enhancing pharmaceuticals. They'll be sold out before long. I heard Oettinger crushes the pills and mixes them with his Vodka.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Herman wrote:
NYDingbat wrote:However, I shall do my level best to keep all of you safe from hawkers of golf cleats, hot water heaters and schlong enhancing pharmaceuticals Slainte!
Don't worry about schlong enhancing pharmaceuticals. They'll be sold out before long. I heard Oettinger crushes the pills and mixes them with his Vodka.
Running out of lemon and soda this gives you mixed to moderate results.
Drink!

Resident Asshole

Post by Resident Asshole »

Blow it out your kazoo
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

TheDrunkardAnglo wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:18 am
GOD I hope not!
Okole maluna!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Moderator drunken reminder

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Cheers Fellow Drunkards!

A friendly drunken note to you drunkards to utilize that handy dandy search engine or browse your own posts (in your user profile) if you are having difficulty finding something you posted - or anything for that matter. It's a life savah! The mods do not delete posts - unless of course it is inappropriate in which we would inform you.

Of course it's not a problem when us drunkards create new threads when there are the exact same threads established already. This is just a courtesy to let you know that in this case, new threads that contain your posts may sometimes be merged with a previous thread of the same topic...but it has not been deleted. This also helps condense the thread topics so you don't have to browse through 56 threads about pizza to find something.

Also by merging threads, it resurrects old threads containing posts from our drunkard pioneers- in which we don't want to forget. It's like opening a time capsule, if you will. The Ghosts of Drunkards Past meets the Present. (like this thread for example).

So please continue sharing your drunken thoughts, stories, and keep up the good work you magnificent drunkards! We value your contributions. Cheers!

-Your token female drunk and non-official board Secretary,
AD

Okole maluna!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

^ ^ ^

Nothing token about ye, young Lady.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

We have moderators?
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Badfellow wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:19 pm
We have moderators?
Which is hilarious, because as far as drinking there's nothing "moderate" about the bunch...
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'