Blackout Island Tiki Lounge

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

GraveyardShiftChuck
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Blackout Island Tiki Lounge

Post by GraveyardShiftChuck »

Now there IS such a place as Blackout Island! In the spirit of Shit Talkers Bar and Grill, I hereby announce the grand opening of Blackout Island Tiki Lounge (FKR or whoever coined it shoulda copyrighted it, sucker!)!
BITL is part of a motel that charges daily, weekly, and hourly rates. Conveniently next door is a mini-mall with an all-night tattoo parlor and an Armed Forces Recruiting Station, among other things.

Blackout Island's wait staff are illegal Mexican ex-hookers (well, sorta ex; there's a motel next door or the meeting room in the back), many of them come to the bar on their time off (from waitressing, that is). With bartenders, it's a Blackout Island policy that any bartender who underpours more than twice gets fired (on the first two strikes, your next drink's on him). Our bouncers are friendly and hardly get into fights; most of our clientele are usually passed out, so their job is usually carrying our clientele out behind the lounge, or to the meeting room (if unoccupied), or renting them a room if the customer asks for one.

Besides the usual tiki bar drinks, Blackout Island's cocktail menu consists of tropical versions of the Long Island Iced Tea, and even if you order some food to soak it up, it's hard to find anything on the food menu that doesn't have booze in the sauce (put on after the meat's grilled, not before), beer battered, or made with booze.

At Blackout Island, we've got a sporadically used game area, and a meeting room in the back for friendly illegal card games or craps, or any off-shift arrangements with the waitresses (arranged through them personally, not by the bartenders or bouncers). Our policy on smoking or cellphone use (especially camera use) is to take it outside. Our dress code isn't about entering BITL, but leaving: All customers must leave with the clothes they wore when they entered.

Blackout Island has a fabulous entertainment line-up - this week we've got Don Ho's lesser-known grand-offspring;

Saturday Night: Ida Ho
Sunday Night: Uda Ho
Monday Night: Rusty Ho (Don's red-headed grand-stepchild)
Tuesday Night: Randi Ho (Don's English adopted grand-niece)
Wednesday Night: Stanki Ho (Don's adopted black grand-niece)
Thursday Night: Sandy Ho
Friday Night: Fatty Ho, the plus-size Polynesian!

So come on down to Blackout Island, for the night you'd wish you could remember!
Last edited by GraveyardShiftChuck on Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
May you all be hung, drawn and quartered!
Yes, HUNG - with gold and jewels,
DRAWN - in a coach and four,
and QUARTERED - in the finest homes in the land.

GraveyardShiftChuck
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Re: Blackout Island Tiki Lounge

Actually, Blackout Island is pet-friendly..... as long as it's pit bulls... or roosters......particularly in the meeting room. The grill gets a good portion of its chicken from such meetimgs.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

HEY!

Oops, wrong place. Yessir, hi there. I'll have a bit of the piña colada on the rocks. Nice ambience here. The air is fresh, as well. It doesn't have the dank, yet.

Oh, 'scuse me my good man. I promise not to add any here tonight.

You've classed up this neck of the woods. I'll buy you a drink for your good work here.

Holy crap, is that real bamboo?

That was delicious. Calls for some Wild Turkey.

*ahem*

Look at all of those rums. What does that one with the two little handles taste like? May I have a sample? It looks like oil. Homotopy it isn't too seater

Hopefully it's isn't too swear
Sweat

Sweet

Pardon me sir whilst i smash my phone
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

I'll have a zombie and keep 'em coming till I turn into one.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

GraveyardShiftChuck
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Bartender pours himself a club soda. He's no dummy.

BTW, please check out our grill menu.

Half-pound Angus Beef burger with Bourbon BBQ sauce (bourbon added to the sauce AFTER cooking so the alcohol hasn't cooked off)

Beer Battered vodka injected Chicken Nuggets (House special dipping sauce: Bourbon BBQ)
Half-price on Wednesdays (Tuesday Night is bring your rooster night in the meeting room)!

Beer Battered Vodka injected Chicken Breast Sandwich with Citrus-Rum sauce
Half-price on Wednesdays!

Beer Battered Chicken Wings
Sauces: Bourbon BBQ, Citrus-Rum, Habanero-Pepper Vodka
Half-price on Wednesdays!

Beer Battered Green Beans

Beer Battered Fries

Beer Battered Onion Rings

Dessert Special this week: Tropical Fruitcake (not just made with rum, but topped with rum-injected fruit AFTER baking)

GraveyardShiftChuck
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Sure thing, Mr. Patches.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

All those ho`s remind me of the Titty Twister from the movie From Dusk Till Damn.
Next bar crawl:
Lunch at Shit Talkers with three super-glue martinis
I`m also are allowed to smoke in that place, that means I spent most of the afternoon there with a gallon bottle of their finest headache-bordeaux

Dinner at The Titty Twister, drinking 5 double green vampire blood daiquiris

Stumbling drunk into BITL for the night being helped by a welcoming bouncer directly under the tap, waiting for Ho-Chi-Minh getting undressed
Drink!

GraveyardShiftChuck
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Actually, all those Hos are singers, not strippers. But hey, there's a reason I hire illegal Mexican (sorta) ex-hookers as waitresses, besides that they look Polynesian enough after a few of the house cocktail menu. Just ask the ones without nametags (the ones with nametags are on their waitressing shift right now) after you order from the bar and/or grill, and ask her how much for whatever you're in the mood for.

GraveyardShiftChuck
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

And one more thing, see that gal with the two sleeve tattoos and tats around her ankles? She's no waitress, she's Terri from the 24-hour tattoo parlor in the mini-mall next door. Make her the wrong offer and Ms. Peralta will knee you in the nuts. Just wanted to warn you.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Isn't there anything beer battered?!?! ;D

The tiki ambiance is nice. I like how my beer had an umbrella in it....very classy. I'll be back on fire dancing night right after I get my pay day loan from the mini mall next door.
Okole maluna!

GraveyardShiftChuck
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Acutually, you could make some money at Tuesday Night's Bring Your Rooster Night or Thursday Night's Bring Your Pit Bull Night, both in the meeting room. Well, depending on how much fight's in either of 'em, of course. And even if there's not much fight in either of 'em, you can still make a little money selling the losers to the chef on Tuesday nights or the Pampered Pooch canned dog food plant on Thursday nights.
BTW, after a slight delay, our bar snacks are here. Please enjoy our complementary Honey (Bourbon)- Glazed peanuts and popcorn!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Barkeep, how are ya? I'll have a Mai Tai, and then a Kamikaze for a chaser.

Now, listen here bud. *shhh, this is like secret ops*

I been getting my dog Petey to daddy up the Rhode Island Red biddy in my cellar.

Some of them eggs end up as four legged chickens, and they don't taste all that good.

But I finally got one that is a Gen-u-wine pit with a rooster beak and four talons.

Thing is: what day do I bring him?

He might end up goin' after the t'other rooster in the ring,

ahem,

in the wrong way. Dog's not all right in the head, ya see...

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Hmmmmmmm, let's see.

I'll have 4 scorpion bowls and a bucket of beer battered beer batter. Don't skimp on the lao lao. My pet scorpion would also like a Scotch and soda served in a thimble. Promise to keep him on a leash. I'll bet you $5 he can play that ukulele you've got there on the wall.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

I don't remember coming in here.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

GraveyardShiftChuck
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Willie: Bring Your Rooster Night is Tuesday Night, Bring Your Pit Bull Night is Thursday Night. Please do not get the two mixed up.

Baddie: That's funny, usually people don't remember leaving here. Anyway, glad you could join us!

BTW, Friday night's Fatty Ho gig is also a fund raiser for the Free Clinic in the mini-mall next door. Please donate generously.

(Suggested places where you wake up after a blackout always welcome. There's another mini-mall across the street that can be filled.)