I abso-fuking-lutely LOVE hangovers!

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

I abso-fuking-lutely LOVE hangovers!

Post by Badfellow »

And do you know what I love even more than hangovers?

Why, getting drunk, of course! Pour it down the liquor hole!
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: I abso-fuking-lutely LOVE hangovers!

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Hangovers make me feel alive. I know I can out do the one from this morning.
Cheers.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

One for the Frog
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by One for the Frog »

Hangovers are necessary. They help you remember last night.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

It`s a two man race between myself, my drink and my hangover. Thing is, there seems to be no finish line but we keep on running
Drink!

Bur

Post by Bur »

I've gotten lots of stuff done this weekend while hungover. Not sure where this productivity came from. Naturally once I get back home I have proceeded to hammer down whisky and beer and whatever happens to be at hand for time being.

I'd almost say I've felt more energetic than usual for some reason. Must be the quality passed out sleepy times compared to usual insomnia.

DivaBitch
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by DivaBitch »

by noon im prety good shape to lay on the couch and wathc shit TV for a cuople of hours I do wash and play with my BFF's cat. by 4 its time to get reaedy fr work. smaoke a bowl and get my stuff paked for the night.

sundays i lay on the cuoch all day and fuck off until diner then i cook a big meal for us. apertment life is good
"If it feels good do it again, if it still feels good you're doing it right"
Image Image

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by NYDingbat »

There is something wrong with you people. There is NOTHING to love about a hangover. Unless, perhaps, your hangovers are pusillanimous milquetoasts compared to mine.

I have a headache that can seemingly only be remedied by blasting a hole in my skull.

I yak until the sun goes down.

I shun light more vigorously than a vampire.

Tell me again how deeeeelightful hangovers are. Your hangovers are clearly pussies.

Luckily, my body has given up on trying to teach me a lesson and has stopped giving me hangovers. Goooooood body.
"I don't start the day. I continue the night."
- mistah willies

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields

oldsmartskunk
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by oldsmartskunk »

I am not fond of hangovers, but i am a hardcore drunk. I know they wait for, creeping up slowly, like a pervert in dark alley behind a local bar. I'm used to it.

Bur

Post by Bur »

oldsmartskunk wrote:I am not fond of hangovers, but i am a hardcore drunk. I know they wait for, creeping up slowly, like a pervert in dark alley behind a local bar. I'm used to it.
By the way you put this, I assume you're the pervert in the dark alley behind the bar.

Gall4185
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Gall4185 »

I rate my hangovers on a literary/historical scale

James Joyce thanks to Portrait of an artist as a young man. The kind of hangover I got in my student days. Painful for 30 minutes and clear long before noon

Ulysses S Grant: The grumpy and highly functional. Largely bourbon based,I'll hate myself,the world at large, and anything in my way but by god I'll power through it

Hemingway grade: irrascible,but still quick witted. Not much for doing much except maybe some writing. Usually tapering off before I need to work

Oliver Reed/Peter O'Toole (aka old English actor drunk) : Wake up not quite sure how I got there,pretty much useless before noon and still suffering when the sun sets. But come nighttime I'm ready to go again

André: Reserved for nights of gargantuan consumption and/or some violent occurence

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Gall4185 wrote: Oliver Reed/Peter O'Toole (aka old English actor drunk) : Wake up not quite sure how I got there,pretty much useless before noon and still suffering when the sun sets. But come nighttime I'm ready to go again
Yes, otherwise known as "hurtin' like Sir Richard Burton passed out behind curtain".
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Wasn't there some science put in words to read about hangovers temporarily lowering one's IQ? Or is that in D&D? QUICK, SAVE VS PARALYZATION!
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Frankennietzsche wrote:Wasn't there some science put in words to read about hangovers temporarily lowering one's IQ? Or is that in D&D? QUICK, SAVE VS PARALYZATION!
I play online quizzes on sporcle for funs sake. And being hung over I can`t remember anything. Yeah, that study is right.

But as Skunk and Dingbat said, you get used to it like a limping leg. It really doesn`t bother me anymore.

Well ok, the damn shakes can turn into a problem here and there... Edit: But these are withdrawls when the hangover is long gone hehe
Drink!

Bur

Post by Bur »

Eh. During the mandatory army shit I went back to service with two cracked ribs. I only pussied out after smoking cigarettes started punching the air out of me on regular basis. Sort of an hindrance when you need to have 40-75 pounds of stuff on for better part of the day.

Also before my current line of work I used to go work with relatively high fever as well.

Usually I just wake up still drunk though, and the hangover sneaks up and clobbers me over the head somewhere around 2-4 pm. Everything from shivers to headache and naturally loss of concentration and coordination are usually involved.

Which reminds me. 6 hours to work tomorrow, gonna get up and about and be back for skype later hopefully.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Bur wrote:Eh. During the mandatory army shit I went back to service with two cracked ribs. I only pussied out after smoking cigarettes started punching the air out of me on regular basis. Sort of an hindrance when you need to have 40-75 pounds of stuff on for better part of the day.

Also before my current line of work I used to go work with relatively high fever as well.

Usually I just wake up still drunk though, and the hangover sneaks up and clobbers me over the head somewhere around 2-4 pm. Everything from shivers to headache and naturally loss of concentration and coordination are usually involved.

Which reminds me. 6 hours to work tomorrow, gonna get up and about and be back for skype later hopefully.
Let me guess, you drive the schoolbus
Drink!